Vegas Trip Report

So, I went to Vegas this past weekend and it was a wild trip as far as poker goes. We get in early Friday morning and after checking in at the Monte Carlo, me and my buddies decide to go over to the Luxor to play in the noon tournement. That was our first mistake. We got there only 15 minutes before the tourney was scheduled to start and we were the last three alternates. We paid our 30 bucks and waited for peopel to bust out. Unfortunately, had we known how TERRIBLE the structure was, I don't think we would've signed up in the first place. You start with 300 in chips, blinds at 15/25 to start and the first hour was limit! By the time we found this out, we were already in and the money had been dropped. No matter how much we pleaded, we couldn't get our money back. We finally get into the tourney and it was a waiting game to see what would happen, either get some cards to go all in with (by the time we got in, the blinds were 50 100 and about to go up again shortly) and hopefully get called by a much more marginal hand. I was card dead through the tourney, so when I was the BB with only 150 left of my original stack (I came in on a Small Blind I completed and completely missed the flop), I push all in with 5 2 off...I knew there was no way I was going to get anywhere in that tourney and just wanted out. I get called by 6's and he wins, as he should have and I sit down in the cash game there. It was pretty juicy and I managed to make a little money before I saw everyone at my table (terrible players ) was signing up for a 1 table SnG tourney. I liked my chances, so I signed up as well. Same sort of structure except it was all nl fortunately and I was able to command the table pretty well. Down to three players, top two pay, I get all my money in with A 10 with top two pair. The joker across the table manages to get a runner runner straight with J 3 off. And no, he had no other draws...just as I quote him "A feeling"Bummed, I headed back to the Monte Carlo and play in their 3/6 game which is just as full of fish and juicy. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the cards I need to take advantage of the table. All my cards were either high low (K 2 off Q 7...etc) or low low and no way to really make anything out of 'em. When I did managed to capture any good starting hands, I would miss the flop completely. AK, AQ, and NO pocket pairs higher than 8's at all this weekend. I was down about $400 by the time saturday rolled around. Since I had taken such a brutal beating, I decided to calm my poker playing down and concentrate on having fun with my girlfriend who also joined me there. Meaning going to the pool and doing touristy things you sickos! lol.I decide to go up to my room and take a nap while she played in the 2 4 game at the Monte Carlo. I wake up around 4 and come down to see her up 300 bucks! She was making a killing and about as drunk as she could be. Made me laugh to see her river two pair with 10 6 offsuit to take out some guy's aces or TPTK. I watched her for awhile until they started up a SnG. I decided to play in that and have a little fun with these players myself. First hand I look down at AK and raise it up, four callers and we're off to an Ace high flop. I bet out about half the pot and some old guy immediately pushes all in! I've been watching him and I know he way overplays hands and I instacall. He flips over A 2 off turn and river blank off and I double up on the first hand. It was my day at the table as by the third level I had more than half the chips in play. I took out 7 out of the ten players in total at that SnG. One bump in the road was the fact that the last two players that were left were friends and totally soft-playing each other so I was stuck playing two people playing as one. They would get involved with pots with each other and check it down and dump their blinds to each other. I had to get lucky if I wanted to win. Fortunately, I managed to hang on (the blinds go up WAAAAY too quickly to wait for anything decent) and take it down for a cool $320. When I was done, I noticed my girlfriend was up $400 at the 2 4 table and by that time had drunk 13 beers during her entire time at the table, needless to say she was plastered and I took her upstairs to meet our buddies to maybe go out. But she was too drunk so I was stuck holding her hair back while they went to some club at the Palms. After I made sure she was passed out properly and had thrown up all she could throw up. I kissed her goodbye and decided to go see if I could see some big names at the Bellagio. I wasn't disappointed. Gus Hanson was there for a few minutes while I was waiting for a table and I also saw Freddy Deeb, Barry Greenstein and James Woods was in the main room KILLING it in a big NL game. My seat in the 4 8 game was directly across the room for him so I could see him all night long. I was laughing all night because whoever's seen that Family Guy episode guest starring James Woods where Peter and James become buddy buddy they sing a song together (You've got...James Woods!), and all night that song was going through my head. I won a peanut at the 4 8 table where the players were bad, but the cards I was getting was much much worse. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the Bellagio's poker room. The dealers there weren't all that cool, and as a matter of fact I would say they got surlier and meaner as the night wore on. They came with real attitudes and didn't want to have even the littlest bit of fun or laugh at anything. I get that they deal with drunk tourists all the time, but still, you would think they'd be at least a little bit cool. I was hoping to run into DN there, but obviously from his blog he was busy writing and taking some time away from poker which is understandable. All in all it was a great trip and I can't wait to go again and hopefully run into some of you folks there.

That was a fun read, only I kinda jarred when I got to the bit where you said "I made sure she'd puked up all she could puke.. then kissed her goodbye...". Kissing post-puke is -ev.Other than that sounds like a great weekend.

Well, you're no Greg Raymer.
I'm about as big as him,
That was a fun read, only I kinda jarred when I got to the bit where you said "I made sure she'd puked up all she could puke.. then kissed her goodbye...". Kissing post-puke is -ev.Other than that sounds like a great weekend.
lol...true..I should've added I kissed her on the head...you're right I wasn't that drunk.

I finally wrote my trip report from a few weeks ago. I am such a slacker. It is in my blog. Follow the link in the Signature. I played poker at MGM, Caesars, Imperial Palace, Palace Station and The Mirage (which was my favorite place.) Sounds like a good trip. A bunch of us are going in July. You should go out then. :club:

i stopped reading after the first paragraph. u suck at writing.
Thank you for your constructive criticism...it was very well said...I especially liked the total lack of grammar, capitalization and using "u" as a form of "you." It reminded me of a note that a 12 year old girl would write to one of her friends during Math class.Or as you would say...ur writing sux...lolz...
Awesome.Thanks for the report. I like to live vicariously (wow I am sure I butchered the spelling on that) through you guys who have time to get to vegas.
Actually, you spelled it correctly. Nice hand.
Wins are wins and are always better than loses.Good report, it was fun to read.I think you should stake your woman...give her the entry fee/buy in and a twelve pack and stay out of her way.
i personally think that you should stake her and give her a 12 pack of canadian beer, it's only +ev instead of that american piss beer * gets ready for a war*
First hand I look down at AK and raise it up, four callers and we're off to an Ace high flop. I bet out about half the pot and some old guy immediately pushes all in! I had been watching him and I know he way overplays hands and I instacall.
You got all your money in with TPTK and got paid off, but chalking it up to a read based on previous action on the first hand?? I am not saying it is a bad decision, btw.
You got all your money in with TPTK and got paid off, but chalking it up to a read based on previous action on the first hand?? I am not saying it is a bad decision, btw.
I should have been more specific...I based my read on his play during the time I observed him in previous tourneys I played with him and also the live cash game I shared with him

After I made sure she was passed out properly and had thrown up all she could throw up. I kissed her goodbyeNow that's love, bravo my man.