• Please log in to reply
6103 replies to this topic

#6101 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,754 posts

Posted Today, 01:46 PM

He was a great character, but never a focus of the show. He was the lone gunslinger in a show about the system. Stringer, Avon, Bunk, Cool Lester Smooth, McNulty. Then maybe Omar. But what about Bubbles and Marlo. Wallace? Deangelo? The show is the goat.

#6102 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,923 posts

Posted Today, 01:57 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 14 July 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

I finally saw Get Out.

Spoiler

Still, I enjoyed the story. It was good.

I have been thinking about how to more fully respond to this, off and on for the past couple days. I didn't just want to be snarky, and give you a serious response, because I think you're being earnest, and you're not a horrible monster like Essay.
Spoiler

"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#6103 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted Today, 03:24 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 16 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

I have been thinking about how to more fully respond to this, off and on for the past couple days. I didn't just want to be snarky, and give you a serious response, because I think you're being earnest, and you're not a horrible monster like Essay.
Spoiler

Thanks for the response. He has definitely dated white girls, since he's married to one of the main white chicks in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

I didn't view anything about Get Out to be liberal/conservative. Sure, the dad mentioned he would have voted for Obama, but I think that could be viewed as any of the hundreds of lies he told and not specific to a "liberal bubble" or whatever.

I definitely appreciated the subtle racism throughout and explained it to the kids that watched it with me. (i.e. Mentioning Tiger Woods, Jesse Owens, Obama, etc) I enjoyed that part, and it you think the end was just standard horror movie fare, I'll believe you. That's just not how I received it.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#6104 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,201 posts

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 16 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Spoiler

what you say here is obvious and true. the movie was about the "soft" racism of liberal whites. anybody who didn't get that must have been stone drunk when watching or mentally disabled - they certainly were not subtle about what they were trying to say. but that idea, that truth, doesn't make a good movie. the idea was clever, the execution was lacking. the main character is a great actor, his episode of black mirror being the best of that show, but he was left with nothing to work with in this movie. i just didn't think it was any good.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users