I really liked B at Tiffany's... I loved how dark and cynical it was.I finally saw attonement, and boy, I have to say It was so much better than I thought it would be. I didn't know what it was about, I thought it was another WW2 love story a la the English Patient or something. But it's.. really remarkable. Any other year, it probably crushes for best picture. But the field was too strong...Really well done and completely surprising movie, two snaps up with a twist.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I really liked B at Tiffany's... I loved how dark and cynical it was.I finally saw attonement, and boy, I have to say It was so much better than I thought it would be. I didn't know what it was about, I thought it was another WW2 love story a la the English Patient or something. But it's.. really remarkable. Any other year, it probably crushes for best picture. But the field was too strong...Really well done and completely surprising movie, two snaps up with a twist.
I loved Atonement, gay as that makes me. The first act was stunning.
It has sex, war, severe head traumas, accused rapes that weren't really rapes... doesn't get much more hetro than that.
You forgot about love letter which include the word "****." I'm sold.
That is just wrong. You must not like dry humor.The part of the movie when they talk about being part gay is priceless.I did not like it either.The only movie I ever walked out on, and it was not fully because of the movie was Heat. The theater was freezing, We had just come from a basketball game and were in shorts and t-shirts and still a bit sweaty, which made us freezing, and like nothing happened in the first hour so we took off.
I hope you've seen it since then, because Heat is AMAZING with a capital A.... and M... and etc etc etc.
If Atonement would have been exactly the same... I mean nothing different... and Mel Gibson directed it, you would have hated it. Just sayin'.
I hope you've seen it since then, because Heat is AMAZING with a capital A.... and M... and etc etc etc.If Atonement would have been exactly the same... I mean nothing different... and Mel Gibson directed it, you would have hated it. Just sayin'.
Mel Gibson could never direct something like that, it's a moot point. Braveheart isn't in the same area code of art as this movie. My dislike for Mel Gibson has nothing to do with him as anti-semitic celebrity ( which I think is actually kinda funny) and everything to do with him being a cheesy, awful filmmaker. If he could make something like this, I'd be the first to praise him.

Speaking of Mel, I recently saw Apocalypto (sp?). Awesome. The ending was rushed and weird -- the way the ended up back at the well or pit or whatever you that; the Home alone moment where he says, "this is my forest...I'm not afraid," and then throws bees at them; the the baby is born, and the fact the none of that whole flood thing seemed in any way to harm the baby; and of course what the **** was the deal with the Conquistadors? -- but it was still sick as shit.

Mel Gibson could never direct something like that, it's a moot point. Braveheart isn't in the same area code of art as this movie. My dislike for Mel Gibson has nothing to do with him as anti-semitic celebrity ( which I think is actually kinda funny) and everything to do with him being a cheesy, awful filmmaker. If he could make something like this, I'd be the first to praise him.
I would think you'd enjoy Mel's cheesy, violent masturbation. I know I do.
I would think you'd enjoy Mel's cheesy, violent masturbation. I know I do.
oh yes, I enjoy it quite much. the problem with brave heart is that it's about 30 minutes of cheese, violent masturbation, and 2 and 1/2 insufferable hours of bad dialog and psuedo-inspirational garbage. It was unintentionally funny the first few times I saw it ,but I've seen this move so many god damn times, and it's so bad and boring for the vast majority of the movie. The passion of christ was a tighter, more compact movie, though he did drag the cross far too long. And since Mel is now directing in dead languages, you can't truly see how terrible he is with directing dialog.
You know what I liked about Breakfast at Tiffany's? The Asian guy. Classic.
well, you know how I feel about over the top Asian sterotypes. Maybe I just like the movie because Hannibal from the A-team is the male lead.
Maybe I just like the movie because Hannibal from the A-team is the male lead.
I didn't realize that. I should rewatch. I don't think I've seen that movie since I was too young to know it made me gay and too sincere enjoy the racism. Hey, thought: I've alway dreamt of pretending I was gay, just out of boredom. But we both know there's no point unless I simultaneously take on a new character that's extremely offensive to actual gay people. So I think I should go the old movie buff route, and possess way too much biographical knowledge and incite about old movie starlets. I need to pick a favorite, but I want someone relatively obscure. Thoughts?
I really liked B at Tiffany's... I loved how dark and cynical it was.
I suppose it's cynically real in a we're all whores kind of way. I think I'm going to have to read the book now.
You know what I liked about Breakfast at Tiffany's? The Asian guy. Classic.
Andy Rooney's makeup was solid.
well, you know how I feel about over the top Asian sterotypes. Maybe I just like the movie because Hannibal from the A-team is the male lead.
wtf, I saw this two days ago and I didn't even realize this.
I didn't realize that. I should rewatch. I don't think I've seen that movie since I was too young to know it made me gay and too sincere enjoy the racism. Hey, thought: I've alway dreamt of pretending I was gay, just out of boredom. But we both know there's no point unless I simultaneously take on a new character that's extremely offensive to actual gay people. So I think I should go the old movie buff route, and possess way too much biographical knowledge and incite about old movie starlets. I need to pick a favorite, but I want someone relatively obscure. Thoughts?
I personally would go with Marlene Dietrich, but she's probably too famous in queer circles for your choice.. Is Rita Hayworth too big?Gloria Swanson would be another fantastic choice, particularly of how many layers of brilliance she is in Sunset Boulevard. Of course, if you were a "fan" of hers, you'd have to talk shit about her performance in that movie and how they exploited her.Mary Pickford, perhaps..
Alright, I've thrown in a 3rd option for tonight. Since the wife's not a big thriller movie fan, I'm thinking of I Am Legend too, as I've heard some good things from friends about it. Sooooo, if you'd like, leave me your vote: The Life Aquatic, Dan In Real Life, or I Am Legend. Gracias.
Alright, I went with I Am Legend, as I figured that was the only one of the three my wife would definately not watch. It was alright, but I was expecting a much better story than what was delivered. I'm definately glad I didn't go see it at the theater, but I'll give it 2.75 stars out of 5.
Alright, I went with I Am Legend, as I figured that was the only one of the three my wife would definately not watch. It was alright, but I was expecting a much better story than what was delivered. I'm definately glad I didn't go see it at the theater, but I'll give it 2.75 stars out of 5.
Yep, once again I'm gonna be "that guy."They should have stuck to the book plot and storyline. Even though the book was slow and kind of written poorly, it could have been easily cleaned up to tell the general premise of the story. The movie doesn't convey the self awareness that the zombies have attained and most movie goers kind of miss it. Even thought the leader sets up a trap to catch Neville and seeks revenge for taking his wife. The people I spoke to about the movie just saw the zombies as monsters. Not only would it have made for a better story, but it would have done what Hollywood loves to do in that it would have instantly set up a sequel.
Yep, once again I'm gonna be "that guy."They should have stuck to the book plot and storyline. Even though the book was slow and kind of written poorly, it could have been easily cleaned up to convey the general premise of the story. The movie doesn't convey the self awareness that the zombies have attained and most movie goers kind of miss it. Even thought the leader sets up a trap to catch Neville and seeks revenge for taking his wife, the people I spoke to about the movie just saw the zombies as monsters. Not only would it have made for a better story, but it would have done what Hollywood loves to do in that it would have set instantly set up a sequel.
I agree, I have not read the book, and I thought the trap he got caught in was his own, that he was going crazy and forgot about. It took me about 20 minutes past it, to realize it was set by the zombies.
Completely Agree. I mentioned this on the first page. Yea, its brilliant. I love it.I've seen his band play live a good few times. ALways a good act. Real Happy he has some international exposure. Hes a really nice guy.Oscars Performance
WTF!?!? They pulled the oscar performance video off youtube!
I thought that was a great book. The fact that it was based off a true story was one aspect of the book that made it good.
my mom, for some reason, likes movies better when they are based on a true story. I always found that amusing.