Finally saw juno. Witty and cleaver. Don't think it's "Oscar worthy" but, if you consider it a romantic comedy, it's better than 97 percent of the genre. Two thumbs up.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Finally saw juno. Witty and cleaver. Don't think it's "Oscar worthy" but, if you consider it a romantic comedy, it's better than 97 percent of the genre. Two thumbs up.
I think pretty much everyone of any level of taste shares this basic sentiment.

Watched Saving Private Ryan again last night. First time in awhile and first time with the fiance. I love this movie but the first 20 mins are pretty shocking still. Even when I know what is going to happen its still tough to watch. Great movie though.

I also watched a Documentary on Snuff films, that was, much to my disappointment, mostly a medley of the history of commercial snuff fakes. It did make me want to see the movie "Cannibal Holocaust." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal_Holocaust
Cannibal Holocaust appears on pretty much everyone's Most ****ed Up Movies list, but I found it mostly boring. Other than a few horrible rape/unprovoked (and completely unmotivated; I mean, given the characters, it mostly confuses you) genocide scenes, it's pretty tedious. Salò for the win.
Cannibal Holocaust appears on pretty much everyone's Most ****ed Up Movies list, but I found it mostly boring. Other than a few horrible rape/unprovoked (and completely unmotivated; I mean, given the characters, it mostly confuses you) genocide scenes, it's pretty tedious. Salò for the win.
downloading salo right now.
downloading salo right now.
You'll probably need BSPlayer, if it's the torrent I ended up with. There's not really a plot to the movie, it's just grim and excruciating. Don't hate me if you don't like the movie; no one really "likes" the movie; it's just kind of upsetting and twisted, and therefore it's almost a triumph to've watched it. I made a thread about it when I first saw it. I'll look for it, maybe.

Went out and saw an Annie Hall and Manhattan double feature last night.Thoughts on Woody Allen?

I just saw the 2007 version of 3:10 to Yuma and I just watched Black Hawk Down for the first time. I enjoyed them both. I was pretty much too young to remember much from Somalia in 1993. I learned a little about it in school, but I thought the film was great. When I saw the movie was over two hours, I first thought that shooting down the planes would be at the beginning and then the rest of the movie would have no action. I was happily surprised to find out that the whole movie was action.I am not a fan of Westerns, but I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma.

Went out and saw an Annie Hall and Manhattan double feature last night.Thoughts on Woody Allen?
annoying and overrated The only movie I ever dug was Sleepers.
Wow, what a fantastic Double feature. I think early Woody Allen is hilarious and brilliant. However, I don't think his art is fresh any more, and he has put out alot of bland movies. They are wittier and funnier that 85 percent of comedies out there, but that's not really saying much. Watching new Woody Allen movies is like listening to a new Bruce Springsteen Album or something.. Flashes of goodness, but over all it just makes you sad, and makes you want to put on "Nebraska" or "Annie Hall"
Mac, did you end up watching Salo? If so, thoughts?
I haven't finished Dling it yet, my p2p downloading is god awful slow, and slows down my internet something fierce, so I generally don't run it when I am on the comp, and forgot to dl it whilst not at the comp... I'll finish the dl today and give a report.

Watched a WWII Resistance drama the other night...Black Book, directed by Paul VerhoevenVery good movie. A few somewhat improbable moments, but a fairly tight drama with solid characters, a lot of betrayal, some tittie and a high body count.I recommend it. Oh, it's mostly in Dutch with subtitles...

Once. I was expecting to really like it and I was expecting it to be really good. This film easily exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by how much I loved it. 9/10.
Just watched Once. I hate the camera work with a passion. It's low budget. I get it, but there's no reason to use a hand held camera with no stabilization for every single fucking shot. This is the worst gimmick since 1st person narratives and is being way overused. It detracts from the movie so much, I had a hard time getting past it.

I watched a lot of random movies recently.The Syrian Bride - Very good.American Gangster - A lot better than I expected.Dragnet - A forgotten classic.Mad Dog and Glory - OK, although the David Caruso fight scene where he takes on this massive Mafia thug has to be one of the most unrealistic fight scenes ever.

Watching new Woody Allen movies is like listening to a new Bruce Springsteen Album or something.. Flashes of goodness, but over all it just makes you sad, and makes you want to put on "Nebraska" or "Annie Hall"
Haha this is very well put.

The last movie I saw in a theatre was Star Wars Episode 3.Yeah, I haven't had popcorn in quite some time..

The last movie I saw in a theatre was Star Wars Episode 3.Yeah, I haven't had popcorn in quite some time..
Manos: Hands of FateI guarantee nobody here has seen it. (No wiki allowed)Voted 2nd worse movie of all time. It is AWESOME because it's so bad.
I felt the exact same way. I was sort of dragged by a friend and was expecting it to be some crappy romance movie. I thought it was totally incredible and I loved every second of it.
Seconded on Atonement. When I was telling people beofre the awards that I thought it would win best pic, I got all sorts of wild eyed looks. Few of them had actually seen it of course.
Manos: Hands of FateI guarantee nobody here has seen it. (No wiki allowed)Voted 2nd worse movie of all time. It is AWESOME because it's so bad.
a few here have seen manos. If you love under appreciated movies try a robert frost double feature of zero in and scream followed by hot spur...I bet you won't be able to finish watching that double feature.P.s. Frost is one of my favorite filmmakers.

I'm looking for a big budget movie that flopped on it's face to watch for a few minutes tonight, roll over, and fall asleep to. I think Evan Almighty is going to be the winner-winner chicken dinner.

Just watched Once. I hate the camera work with a passion. It's low budget. I get it, but there's no reason to use a hand held camera with no stabilization for every single fucking shot. This is the worst gimmick since 1st person narratives and is being way overused. It detracts from the movie so much, I had a hard time getting past it.
wow, it barely even registered with me. Did not think about it once. Its a pity, it got to you so much. I love that film