digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,766 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

****, Jack Edwards is painful.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#22682 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,619 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 19 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

****, Jack Edwards is painful.

I was watching the SJ game on Monday, and a controversial penalty occurred....and then he said something that was in favour of SJ, made a lot of sense, and was articulated without yelling.

I honestly wondered what was wrong with him.

#22683 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

San Jose seem to have got Nyquist really cheap. Guessing him having to waive a no trade clause made the market for him pretty small.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#22684 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,742 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

I use to like Jack Edwards when he did non-affiliated games.

Not sure what happens to him when he does Bruins games.
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#22685 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostUntilted, on 26 February 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

I use to like Jack Edwards when he did non-affiliated games.

Not sure what happens to him when he does Bruins games.

it's a requirement to be idiot for Boston sports. Seem Tommy Heinsohn for the Celtics
Bob

#22686 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,324 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

I know these guys are under the microscope but I find broadcasting miscarriages to let everyone know to be something I would not do such as Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson

It happens quite a bit and I know it is a very hard to take in for a couple

I should know my wife and I had 2 miscarriages and one of them were twins. Here is the thing my family or her family never knew it happen

I may have a cold heart but just my beliefs to keep it private

#22687 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,873 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

View PostBabying, on 14 March 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I know these guys are under the microscope but I find broadcasting miscarriages to let everyone know to be something I would not do such as Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson

It happens quite a bit and I know it is a very hard to take in for a couple

I should know my wife and I had 2 miscarriages and one of them were twins. Here is the thing my family or her family never knew it happen

I may have a cold heart but just my beliefs to keep it private

I think at 26 weeks it's different than much earlier. People know she was expecting and they went so far as to name the child. At 26 weeks most premature babies survive.
Bob

#22688 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,324 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 14 March 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

I think at 26 weeks it's different than much earlier. People know she was expecting and they went so far as to name the child. At 26 weeks most premature babies survive.

Listen I get it

First miscarriage for us was just before the 1st trimester

Second miscarriage was just after the 1st trimester (the twins)

My wife cousin had a still born on twins and the daughter survived. She was of course extremely sad but she also didnít broadcast it

Just my 2 cents. Yes itís very sad news but it happens a lot

Now imagine sitting to meet the doctor and they think we should not (my wife and I) saying we may not want to have kids anymore. We had 2 girls as you know afterwards

#22689 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,379 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

I respectfully disagree Wayne, though I think it is something reasonable to disagree on. When my wife had a miscarriage (early in the first trimester) with our first, we were not well prepared to deal with it. We knew you ďwerenít supposed to talk about itĒ and that just made it more difficult to deal with our grief. Thankfully we had told our parents at least about the pregnancy, and after the miscarriage, found out both our mothers had one as well, so we had some comfort and support.

Like you said, itís extremely common (something like 25% of first pregnancies). So why not talk about it? For some people it may not be a big deal, but for others it is, and I donít see a reason to hide something so heartbreaking, any more than someone shouldnít hide mental illness, or a family death, or anything else that doesnít reflect negatively on me personally but also may greatly impact me.

Iíve always believed the old saying about sunshine being the best disinfectant. Hiding something that bothers you may make life easier for people around you, but at the expense of both your own well-being and forming Ďrealí relationships with people.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#22690 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,324 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

I guess my wife and I donít need the self pity where everyone needs to say sorry for your loss like others do

#22691 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,379 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:07 PM

What a weird, unpleasant and completely irrelevant response. Or maybe itís brilliant? I guess everyone who ever has something bad happen to them should just decide they donít need self-pity and everything would be cool.
Long signatures are really annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users