It's Only Been 25 Years....(official Brewers Thread)

Something tells me the Brewers are going to crash... HARD. Just the young team, fighting in the dugout, if it comes down to the last few weeks I don't know if the Brew Crew can hang in there, and it pains me to say that as a Cards fan, unless of course we get hot.
I couldn't agree more
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when they start playing decent, they put up an embarrassing effort like tonight.Matt Wise has been terrible since pegging that guy from the Reds. Cubs will be back in a tie for 1st after tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so ****ing pissed right now. They had the BALLGAME. Then Weeks made a dumb shit error and couldn't convert the double play.**** this shit.

Looking bleak for the brew crew, but even if they don't make the playoffs it's still a great year for them IMO. They got lots of national attention (compared to what they've gotten the last decade), and are obviously real contenders in the Central. Prince Fielder has also emerged as what looks like a superstar slugger on par with Pujols and Howard.Edit: I didn't realize they were just 2 back of the Cubs still. They could pull of a miracle here, and I'm definitely rooting for them.

thanks a lot brewers, you might just cost me $50 for betting that they would hold on while they were FIVE GAMES UP.

• 8 months later...
Prince for MVP.
That man just has an athlete's body. Poster child for health and fitness.This is a serious question: how is it OK for these guys to be this fat? I understand they're putting up great numbers, but every time they barely miss a play or have to be pinch-run-for, how are more fans not going ballistic that those $10million/year athletes are too ****ing lazy to drop a few lbs.? Is there some fine balance of hitting power that comes from being a moose over foot speed and overall health that they've perfectly struck and I fail to comprehend?

prince, at his wife's urging, quit eating meat after last season. He eats nearly everything fried though, and has an immense sweet tooth. Read an article recently that says he consumes about 4000-4500 calories a day. I'd hate to be his colon.Tom.

branyan crushed that for 465'. Russell the muscle. I saw him and carlos lee out drinking last night too. I'm buying him a shot next time I see him in a bar. Sheets isn't half bad today too.Tom.

• 3 weeks later...

Only the Brewers can do the following.A: Have a pitcher flirt with a no-hitter in the 8th inningB: Have a 8 run lead at the same timeC: Blow that lead in less than 2 inningsKeep Gagne out of the closer's role when he returns, and I'll be happy. Crew gains 3 games on the Cubs, despite this ugly finish.

• 3 weeks later...

After the meltdown against Arizona, great job to sweep Pittsburgh.Only 3.5 back, and it looks more and more like C.C. Sabathia will be starting Tuesday.

wow the brew crew gets Sabathia. That was unexpected. I really like how proactive their GM was here.....fortune favors the bold and all that.

wow the brew crew gets Sabathia. That was unexpected. I really like how proactive their GM was here.....fortune favors the bold and all that.
but can they extend or resign him? otherwise, i dont see the point.

Almost slim to none that they extend him after the season. Ryan Braun just got the biggest contract in Brewers history for about $45 million.The Brewers want to win now, that's why they made this deal. I just hope that they make an effort to keep Sheets.The Cubs are still the best team in the division, but I'll take the Wild Card.