It's Only Been 25 Years....(official Brewers Thread)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 IP, 0 R, 10 H, 2CG. Just the Nationals, but still pretty sweet. Hopefully Braun's back isn't anything major otherwise that may suck a little.
I'm praying it's only day-to-day with Braun.On the other hand, great to see Sheets finally get a win after the CC trade.
I'm praying it's only day-to-day with Braun.On the other hand, great to see Sheets finally get a win after the CC trade.
Braun out of the lineup today, he said there is no way he could swing a bat and he had trouble sleeping last night.

Even if it's against the Nationals, a sweep is a sweep. 11 of the next 17 are on the road, hopefully they can keep up the impressive play away from Miller Park.Gap is 3 1/2 both ways, behind Chicago and ahead of St. Louis.

Two things that concern me.1. No need for CC to pitch the 9th. I don't want his arm falling off in September. I know ESPN is gonna gush over him for his 5th complete game with the Crew, but I don't think it was necessary. I know he gets another day off, but most fans probably don't see the point in taking that risk.2. Braun is really hurt from what it appeared. :club:

• 2 weeks later...

Fundamentally, a pathetic showing again.How Weeks doesn't get a double in the 8th is a mystery. Slide better and hustle after getting to 1st.Must win tomorrow before hopefully an ass-kicking of the Padres.

The comparison to Zambrano holds water...however, unlike you I will actually admit that Zambrano, at times, acts immature. I recall him fighting with teammates in the dugout and acting like they won the world series when he retires a weak hitting catcher. He's toned it WAY, WAY down in the last couple of years but your point is valid.Fielder pushing Parra is a sign of the Brewers imploding. It won't affect whether games are won or lost on the field, I don't think. But the fact remains that he has acted like a 7 year old over the last couple of weeks. I always said Zambrano needed to grow up when he did that stuff and he has. In the future, hopefully Fielder does the same. His stick is so potent it won't affect games much if he does or doesn't, just like there wouldn't be a huge difference in Zambrano if he hadn't in the last few years. But he has, and it makes him more likeable as a Cub fan.Too bad you can't even admit as much about Fielder.
Cubs trainers told Zambrano to stop drinking red bull & coffee, and he calmed way down. I heard len casper say it during a game earlier this season. And, IMO, brewers haven't and won't have a major implosion. Tom.

Dear Doug Melvin,If this team completes this meltdown and miss the playoffs, FIRE NED YOST. I speak on behalf of every fan of this team.Already losing 3-0 in the 1st inning to the ****ing Phillies. A minor league team can beat the Brewers at this rate.

Dear Doug Melvin,If this team completes this meltdown and miss the playoffs, FIRE NED YOST. I speak on behalf of every fan of this team.Already losing 3-0 in the 1st inning to the ****ing Phillies. A minor league team can beat the Brewers at this rate.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news

It's funny. I was discussing this with a co-workert today, and a few minutes later my phone buzzed with the message."Yost = fired".I know Brewers fans are celebrating everywhere. I'm guessing Doug Melvin and Attanasio didn't want to see Yost complete the train wreck for the second year in a row. Sveum's gonna need at least 7-5 or 8-4 in the last 12 to get in. That's depending on how the other teams do.