2007 Bellagio Wpt Championship ***update Thread***

JC, any interesting hands with Ivey or an overall assessment of how he played?
K, here's the whole story on Me playing @ the sickest table of day two (at one point it was in order from 1-10, Big pro who's name I don't know, Mark Gregorich, Erica S, random, Me, Vinny Vinh, Random, Paul wasika, C-mac, and Ivey)...I had to get myself super pumped and mentally prepared "I am not afraid to bust" I kept telling myself, I'd just try and think at his level and try putting the pressure on him instead, I was assuming he raises every hand. When I got there I put my hoodie on and my Glasses to not give anything away. First 20 minutes go by and Ivey doesnt play a hand, not 1, all he does is stare at everyone during every pot, his scary *** eye darting stare. It's the sickest concentration I've ever seen. After a few orbits (I had been playing fairly week and was down to like 100k or so) he suddenly raises 4 hands in a row, and I realized "its on". He raised my blind the first time I had it once it "was on" and I looked down at Qs9s, I called the flop came 746 no spades and I just check folded. Next orbit he raises my blind (mind you he's like 4th to act when he raises my blind) and I knew what was going on, he thought I was the guy to pick on...so I call with K5cc flop was K33 and I check called all the way down, he mucked and I got to show that I was calling with K5 so I wasn't scared. Next blind he raises AGAIN and I call with a S.C. and I flop a draw, I check call and lead the turn planning on lead/3betting all in if he raised, he mucked once I lead. I called him in position a couple times with hands like 47c, 85s, etc and won a few of those pots.... meanwhile I'm crushing the rest of the table raising about 3 times an orbit, sometimes more, raising every button and sb when it folded to me, and almost always calling from my BB when the pot would be HU, one time I called a reraise with 64s and flopped a fd+gutshot and c/r'd half my stack all in, then another time I made a big call on the river with K5 on a A34JK board. So I was very confident and my fear of Ivey went away, I was obv not getting into bluffing matches with him taking stands with any 2 if he raised I usually folded unless I had a hand that can give him trouble and not get me into to much of it. Ivey was sick though, every time he raised he fired the flop and most of the time he fired the turn too, sometimes he'd 3 barrel but sometimes he'd give up. I'm trying to remember if he went to showdown at all other than the times he went in PF when he raised and was commited, but I don't think I ever got to see his hands, maybe once or twice in small pots. He's also different than what I imagined, he's not a "small ball" type player, this guy pounds on you with no mercy, he reraises pf a lot more than I thought but usually its when hes in the sb or bb, and when he does and he gets called he fires the flop. He's also sick at just giving up when he knows he's beat and pounding when he knows you're folding. I think that pretty much what makes him sick is that he knows the table better than anyone there, and he actually goes with his read on each player which is very hard to do, like he folded getting about 2.2 to 1 pf after raising UTG and having the tightest shortstack shove, it's not a fold too many internet players will make b/c of the math, and he just throws that out the window. I feel that I am the type that rises to the occasion and performs the best when I'm at a tough table, and I think I played the best I've ever played yesterday I was thinking on a level that I wasn't thinking before and I was very happy with my play. Lol, but the proudest part of my day came when Phil raised my button I called with some sort of suited Q7cc type hand, the flop came 10c 8s 5s AND HE CHECKED! lol I hadn't seen him check the flop ever (unless I missed one or two hands where he did it) I checked behind, the turn Jc he checked again! and I checked, and the river Qx and he checked and I bet 3k and he folded. wooo! lol.... on that note I have to give props to wasicka who won every hand he played against me, pretty much owned me but we stayed out of eachother's ways we only played 2 pots, I got rr'ed both times when I tried raising his blind and I just gave up.
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out, I'm pissed. It was a good weekend money wise but nothing makes up for the fact that I think I should have been playing at the final three tables in this tournament and I busted out in the 90s. Nothing went right after the redraw, I lost about 25 consecutive pots and got all my money in bad in my final hand. SO pissed...gonna go get some sshi to calm down.

I'm out, I'm pissed. It was a good weekend money wise but nothing makes up for the fact that I think I should have been playing at the final three tables in this tournament and I busted out in the 90s. Nothing went right after the redraw, I lost about 25 consecutive pots and got all my money in bad in my final hand. SO pissed...gonna go get some sshi to calm down.
Congrats on a great showing, bro.

Nice write up. Wasicka has a recap of every day he plays in a major tourney in his blog, seems like he is playing amazing right now. He also gave you a complement in it a couple days back.

umm he's getting 2 to 1 and you have no info on the player etc....keep calling him a donkey, he'll just keep destroying events.
Yah, yah.....the usual "no info, he's the man" response. Not looking to argue about it. Good run you've been on sir. Keep it up.
K, here's the whole story on Me playing @ the sickest table of day two (at one point it was in order from 1-10, Big pro who's name I don't know, Mark Gregorich, Erica S, random, Me, Vinny Vinh, Random, Paul wasika, C-mac, and Ivey)...I had to get myself super pumped and mentally prepared "I am not afraid to bust" I kept telling myself, I'd just try and think at his level and try putting the pressure on him instead, I was assuming he raises every hand. When I got there I put my hoodie on and my Glasses to not give anything away. First 20 minutes go by and Ivey doesnt play a hand, not 1, all he does is stare at everyone during every pot, his scary *** eye darting stare. It's the sickest concentration I've ever seen. After a few orbits (I had been playing fairly week and was down to like 100k or so) he suddenly raises 4 hands in a row, and I realized "its on". He raised my blind the first time I had it once it "was on" and I looked down at Qs9s, I called the flop came 746 no spades and I just check folded. Next orbit he raises my blind (mind you he's like 4th to act when he raises my blind) and I knew what was going on, he thought I was the guy to pick on...so I call with K5cc flop was K33 and I check called all the way down, he mucked and I got to show that I was calling with K5 so I wasn't scared. Next blind he raises AGAIN and I call with a S.C. and I flop a draw, I check call and lead the turn planning on lead/3betting all in if he raised, he mucked once I lead. I called him in position a couple times with hands like 47c, 85s, etc and won a few of those pots.... meanwhile I'm crushing the rest of the table raising about 3 times an orbit, sometimes more, raising every button and sb when it folded to me, and almost always calling from my BB when the pot would be HU, one time I called a reraise with 64s and flopped a fd+gutshot and c/r'd half my stack all in, then another time I made a big call on the river with K5 on a A34JK board. So I was very confident and my fear of Ivey went away, I was obv not getting into bluffing matches with him taking stands with any 2 if he raised I usually folded unless I had a hand that can give him trouble and not get me into to much of it. Ivey was sick though, every time he raised he fired the flop and most of the time he fired the turn too, sometimes he'd 3 barrel but sometimes he'd give up. I'm trying to remember if he went to showdown at all other than the times he went in PF when he raised and was commited, but I don't think I ever got to see his hands, maybe once or twice in small pots. He's also different than what I imagined, he's not a "small ball" type player, this guy pounds on you with no mercy, he reraises pf a lot more than I thought but usually its when hes in the sb or bb, and when he does and he gets called he fires the flop. He's also sick at just giving up when he knows he's beat and pounding when he knows you're folding. I think that pretty much what makes him sick is that he knows the table better than anyone there, and he actually goes with his read on each player which is very hard to do, like he folded getting about 2.2 to 1 pf after raising UTG and having the tightest shortstack shove, it's not a fold too many internet players will make b/c of the math, and he just throws that out the window. I feel that I am the type that rises to the occasion and performs the best when I'm at a tough table, and I think I played the best I've ever played yesterday I was thinking on a level that I wasn't thinking before and I was very happy with my play. Lol, but the proudest part of my day came when Phil raised my button I called with some sort of suited Q7cc type hand, the flop came 10c 8s 5s AND HE CHECKED! lol I hadn't seen him check the flop ever (unless I missed one or two hands where he did it) I checked behind, the turn Jc he checked again! and I checked, and the river Qx and he checked and I bet 3k and he folded. wooo! lol.... on that note I have to give props to wasicka who won every hand he played against me, pretty much owned me but we stayed out of each other's ways we only played 2 pots, I got rr'ed both times when I tried raising his blind and I just gave up.
So you're saying that, even though you've had some recent success, there are a few players that might make you think twice and that there's room for improvement?And that Ivey scoping out the table on TV is nowhere near as serious as when you're at his table?
Nice write up. Wasicka has a recap of every day he plays in a major tourney in his blog, seems like he is playing amazing right now. He also gave you a complement in it a couple days back.

The player I’m most familiar with is JC Alvarado, aka “PrtyPSucks.” I doubled him right at bubble time during the LA Poker Classic last month, which certainly helped him get a nice payday. He’s a good player. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

http://www.kwickfish.com/Site/blog/AD33BA2...32F3983D8F.html

Jared "TheWacoKidd" Hamby Triples UpTim Phan raises from early position and the player in seat 4 calls. Jared "TheWacoKidd" Hamby moves all-in for $130k+ and Tim Phan moves in behind him. The player in seat 4 calls both all-ins and shows AA. Hamby has JJ and Phan has 66. The flop misses all players, but the turn is a 6, eliciting shouts from the crowd. The river is a J, and Hamby hits his miracle set on the river to triple up to about $475k. The final board was K-5-2-6-J. wow siiiiick, this tourney series has been destiny for Waco.

Yah, yah.....the usual "no info, he's the man" response. Not looking to argue about it. Good run you've been on sir. Keep it up.
I just thought coming over the top of what looks to be a standard pre flop raise its tough to tighen up his range enough for Justin's call to not be correct and thats not factoring in other factors that there is no way for us to know through updates.

Final Table prediction:Phil HelmuthAnna WroblewskiJuan Carlos MortensenPatrik AntoniusJustin BonomoBill GazesScott FischmanPaul WasickaandJared HambyThat would be a sick FT

Final Table prediction:Phil HelmuthAnna WroblewskiJuan Carlos MortensenPatrik AntoniusJustin BonomoBill GazesScott FischmanPaul WasickaandJared HambyThat would be a sick FT
TV final table is only the last 6 though.
K, here's the whole story on Me playing @ the sickest table of day two (at one point it was in order from 1-10, Big pro who's name I don't know, Mark Gregorich, Erica S, random, Me, Vinny Vinh, Random, Paul wasika, C-mac, and Ivey)...I had to get myself super pumped and mentally prepared "I am not afraid to bust" I kept telling myself, I'd just try and think at his level and try putting the pressure on him instead, I was assuming he raises every hand. When I got there I put my hoodie on and my Glasses to not give anything away. First 20 minutes go by and Ivey doesnt play a hand, not 1, all he does is stare at everyone during every pot, his scary *** eye darting stare. It's the sickest concentration I've ever seen. After a few orbits (I had been playing fairly week and was down to like 100k or so) he suddenly raises 4 hands in a row, and I realized "its on". He raised my blind the first time I had it once it "was on" and I looked down at Qs9s, I called the flop came 746 no spades and I just check folded. Next orbit he raises my blind (mind you he's like 4th to act when he raises my blind) and I knew what was going on, he thought I was the guy to pick on...so I call with K5cc flop was K33 and I check called all the way down, he mucked and I got to show that I was calling with K5 so I wasn't scared. Next blind he raises AGAIN and I call with a S.C. and I flop a draw, I check call and lead the turn planning on lead/3betting all in if he raised, he mucked once I lead. I called him in position a couple times with hands like 47c, 85s, etc and won a few of those pots.... meanwhile I'm crushing the rest of the table raising about 3 times an orbit, sometimes more, raising every button and sb when it folded to me, and almost always calling from my BB when the pot would be HU, one time I called a reraise with 64s and flopped a fd+gutshot and c/r'd half my stack all in, then another time I made a big call on the river with K5 on a A34JK board. So I was very confident and my fear of Ivey went away, I was obv not getting into bluffing matches with him taking stands with any 2 if he raised I usually folded unless I had a hand that can give him trouble and not get me into to much of it. Ivey was sick though, every time he raised he fired the flop and most of the time he fired the turn too, sometimes he'd 3 barrel but sometimes he'd give up. I'm trying to remember if he went to showdown at all other than the times he went in PF when he raised and was commited, but I don't think I ever got to see his hands, maybe once or twice in small pots. He's also different than what I imagined, he's not a "small ball" type player, this guy pounds on you with no mercy, he reraises pf a lot more than I thought but usually its when hes in the sb or bb, and when he does and he gets called he fires the flop. He's also sick at just giving up when he knows he's beat and pounding when he knows you're folding. I think that pretty much what makes him sick is that he knows the table better than anyone there, and he actually goes with his read on each player which is very hard to do, like he folded getting about 2.2 to 1 pf after raising UTG and having the tightest shortstack shove, it's not a fold too many internet players will make b/c of the math, and he just throws that out the window.
From Worldpokertour.com :[http://www.worldpokertour.com/tournament/index.php?x=updatesnews&pageID=73]http://www.worldpokertour.com/tournament/i...s&pageID=73
-The table featuring Paul Wasicka, Phil Ivey and JC Alvarado is still intact. Paul told me that with Ivey two seats to his left, he felt obligated to tighten up a little. At the same time, Alvarado is apparently beating up on Phil; “Every time Phil gets into a pot, JC goes after him. I don’t know if Phil did something to him in a past life or something, but he’s got his number. Phil’s steaming.”

"The table featuring Paul Wasicka, Phil Ivey and JC Alvarado is still intact. Paul told me that with Ivey two seats to his left, he felt obligated to tighten up a little. At the same time, Alvarado is apparently beating up on Phil; 'Every time Phil gets into a pot, JC goes after him. I don’t know if Phil did something to him in a past life or something, but he’s got his number. Phil’s steaming.'"Honestly, I'd make this into a t-shirt if it was said about me.