2007 Bellagio Wpt Championship ***update Thread***

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a really good exit interview with phil hellmuth coming up on world poker tour's website
Cardcore, did you get a hld of the pokulater guy for me? JCPoker is his name here on FCP. am need pics and stuff.
Cardcore, did you get a hld of the pokulater guy for me? JCPoker is his name here on FCP. am need pics and stuff.
Yeah, I sent him an e-mail, he'll send me the pictures and I'll get them to you.
I wasn't sleeping, I had a family matter come up this morning, so I couldn't make it down until after level 1.Site is updating, though.
I was just joking around since you have been right on top of everything. I hope all is well with your family.
Yeah, I sent him an e-mail, he'll send me the pictures and I'll get them to you.
You sir, are the BALLS!!!

final table seating and chip counts:The Final Table is SetThe final 10 players remaining are seated. Here are their seats and chip counts:1) Kirk Morrison - $1,783,0002) Jimmy Ngoc Tran - $1,327,0003) Thomas Wahlroos - $7,186.0004) Guy Laliberte (CEO, Cirque du Soleil) - $3,400,0005) Carlos Mortensen - $3,394,0006) Mike Wattel - $1,434,0007) Scott Fischman - $1,265,0008) Paul Lee - $8,994,0009) Tommy Vu - $1,083,00010) Tim Phan - $2,356,000

EVENT: No-Limit Hold'em Championship ROUND: 22 BLINDS: 30000/60000 ANTE: 5000 PLAYERS LEFT: 9 of 639 Apr. 21 | Apr. 22 | Apr. 23 | Apr. 24 | Apr. 25 | Apr. 26 Thu Apr 26 18:36:00 PDT 2007Jimmy Tran Eliminated 10th (185,645)Paul Lee raised to $500,000 and Jimmy Tran re-raised all in for another $260,000 more. Lee called but his 55 were behind Tran's QQ. The board came 75384 and Tran was sent home in 10th place with $185,645. Lee now has $10.5 million chips. open raise to 9bbs pre-flop can you say NO FLOP PLEASE RAISE DONKEY.OMG IF HE WINS PLAYING LIKE THIS..................

EVENT: No-Limit Hold'em Championship ROUND: 22 BLINDS: 30000/60000 ANTE: 5000 PLAYERS LEFT: 9 of 639 Apr. 21 | Apr. 22 | Apr. 23 | Apr. 24 | Apr. 25 | Apr. 26 Thu Apr 26 18:36:00 PDT 2007Jimmy Tran Eliminated 10th (185,645)Paul Lee raised to $500,000 and Jimmy Tran re-raised all in for another $260,000 more. Lee called but his 55 were behind Tran's QQ. The board came 75384 and Tran was sent home in 10th place with $185,645. Lee now has $10.5 million chips. open raise to 9bbs pre-flop can you say NO FLOP PLEASE RAISE DONKEY.OMG IF HE WINS PLAYING LIKE THIS..................
OMG there was $140k in the pot, he raised to $500k, then called for $260k more into a pot of $1.14 million. Incredibly standard stuff, you have to snag your share of blinds to make it on TV. :club:

Did everyone fall asleep, or does nobody care anymore?Tommy Vu Eliminated in 9th Place ($216,585)Tommy Vu moves all-in for less than $700k and Carlos Mortensen calls. Vu shows K3 and Mortensen has AJ. The board comes 9-6-8-A, and Vu is drawing dead on the turn. There are 8 players remaining.

Not gonna lie, he made one of the most boneheaded plays of the tournament and most of the pros were talking about it throughout the day. He somehow managed to call off about 120k preflop with AQo against AA and proceeded to catch runner broadway for the win. At least 3 different top level pros called it the single dumbest call they'd seen in a major tournament. I was standing at the table when this hand happened, and Jean Robert Bellande said it best: "What the **** just happened?"
I stated before I went to Vegas that I wouldn't do trip reports. However I will respond to this. I love when rail birds discuss hands that were played in tournaments. Did I get lucky to win with AQ vs AA, absolutely. I had a read and I was wrong. I'll give you a hint for the next time you can pony up 25k for a tournament though. If someone moves all in from the button, and you are in the BB with AQ, you are usually a favorite or a coin flip. I honestly don't feel like going into detail about the hands that I played along the way to get to where I did. But I had to make some sick calls. The mere fact that you brought "Bobby" Bellande into the equation is kind of silly. The words 3 top level pros and Bobby just don't go together. Good Luck, Steve
I stated before I went to Vegas that I wouldn't do trip reports. However I will respond to this. I love when rail birds discuss hands that were played in tournaments. Did I get lucky to win with AQ vs AA, absolutely. I had a read and I was wrong. I'll give you a hint for the next time you can pony up 25k for a tournament though. If someone moves all in from the button, and you are in the BB with AQ, you are usually a favorite or a coin flip. I honestly don't feel like going into detail about the hands that I played along the way to get to where I did. But I had to make some sick calls. The mere fact that you brought "Bobby" Bellande into the equation is kind of silly. The words 3 top level pros and Bobby just don't go together. Good Luck, Steve
Was the play really that standard? Unless it was for like 35bb+ I don't really get why the hand would draw up so much discussion, other than AQ cracked AA, boo hoo.Anyways, gg steve...and fwiw i'd be interested to hear your trip report if you ever feel like writing one up.- Jordan

Kirk Morrison raised to 425k in middle position and Scott Fischman moved all in from the big blind for another 1.016m. Morrison thought for several minutes before calling.Scott Fischman 7c5sKirk Morrison 5c5dFischman was eliminated following the Jd4d2s6dAh board. He made $247,525.

Paul Lee busts Thomas Wahlroos in 7thPaul opens in the CO, and Thomas goes all in for 4 million. After about a minute, Paul calls, and the hands are revealed as Thomas' ATss being dominated by Paul's AQo. Flop brings J82 with two spades, making this a true coinflip. Turn brings an offsuit 2, giving him even more outs to chop. Unfortunately, the offsuit 5 means that Wahlroos has been eliminated in 7th.Read on Paul gone wrong?

Was the play really that standard? Unless it was for like 35bb+ I don't really get why the hand would draw up so much discussion, other than AQ cracked AA, boo hoo.Anyways, gg steve...and fwiw i'd be interested to hear your trip report if you ever feel like writing one up.- Jordan
Yes, 35+bbs is an understatement here. The hand was a few days ago and I forget the details but i'm pretty sure blinds were less than 1k-2k and the final pot was close to 240k in chips. If you want to discredit my reporting from right behind the table then go ahead, but defending that play is legit laughable. Sure, play a coinflip for 4 stacks early in day 2, good idea. And top 3 pro and Bobby Bellande were not linked together, he was pretty much shitting himself when he saw the hand.
Yes, 35+bbs is an understatement here. The hand was a few days ago and I forget the details but i'm pretty sure blinds were less than 1k-2k and the final pot was close to 240k in chips. If you want to discredit my reporting from right behind the table then go ahead, but defending that play is legit laughable. Sure, play a coinflip for 4 stacks early in day 2, good idea. And top 3 pro and Bobby Bellande were not linked together, he was pretty much shitting himself when he saw the hand.
well i still dont know the action so i don't have any real opinion. not that it even matters (for me to have one), i'm just curious.not trying to discredit..lol, whatever, I dont really care, just was wondering.- Jordan
I would like to discredit your reporting. I think he is lying, anyone else agree?