If You Could Own 5 Retro Arcade Stand-ups, What Would They Be?

Going to put a few retro stand-ups in my game room (thank you steaming donk at 5/10 NLHE!)Here are my picks. 1) Street Fighter 2 C/E. Possibly the greatest game ever.2) NBA Jam. Love this game. 3) Pac Man (might go with a cocktail instead of a stand-up, especially if I can find a Pac Man/Donkey Kong)4) 720 (Skaaaaaaaaaate ORRRRRRRR DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!)5) Karate Champ (I dressed up as the Judge from this game one Halloween)Someday, I plan to add Kung Fu, Elevator Action and maybe Mortal Kombat II. Finacee wants Super Mario and Tetris S/Us, but I just think these are dumb on anything other than NES console.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Mortal Kombat, definitely NBA Jam, maybe some T2, and I dunno, I forget what else I used to play at the arcade. How about that motorcycle game where they have all the motorcycles set up and you sit on it and feel all cool? That game ruled.

I think they made Contra on an arcade console. I'm just so used to playing it on NES that it would be weird for me (kinda like Mario Bros) but otherwise, that would definitely be a pick of mine. Another good one that was popular as an arcade game was Cabal, but the roller balls wear out easily and they're hard to replace now days :(Galaga is a pretty expensive stand-up. Lots of people after that one. I think they sell for like a grand or so.What was that football game that came out in the early 90's where you could "fight"?Like, you'd be playing and suddenly it would say "FIGHT" and you would have to tap the button as fast as you could to win the brawl? Man, I loved that game...

Rampage
Shizzle, I loved that game in the arcade. One of the best retro multiplayers ever. That's one that they just never got right on NES.

Starfighter.Who here hasn't dreamed of being so good at a video game that an alien will come down to find you and take you away to another planet to fight in a war?

Starfighter.Who here hasn't dreamed of being so good at a video game that an alien will come down to find you and take you away to another planet to fight in a war?
Me? Actually that sounds really cool. My childhood sucked. I would probably want 4 Galaga's and The Simpsons arcade game, which I absolutely loved.