Hendon Mob Responds To Dns Blog

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still gathering that we are mindless blog reading worshippers that are incapable of a valid thought....and now DN is Phil Iveys puppet. This gets better and better, and its destroying my focus on my .01/.02 NLHE game......if i lose another 10 cents i'm gonna get pissed.

If they would have quit after 9 holes, or cried foul then, and stopped playing, that would be understandable. However, when you continue to play 36 holes for two straight days you lose all credibility when it comes to crying foul.
That is the best piece of evidence.If they feel like they are getting "hustled". Why not quit after 9 holes!? Those welchers KEPT PLAYING.
wasnt in marcs blog he took time to answer on a forum similar to this one when people who had heard the strory 5th hand started making accusations. This is the only thing that has actually been written on the subject by any of those involved and there are some huge threads on this topic a couple of months ago. To drag this up a couple of months down the line when they are supposed to be sorting it out when they are at the Bellagio face to face in a few weeks is bad taste. I thought you were above this sort of thing Danny and I personally think Phil is manipulating you to be his mouthpeice before there meet in a short while. It may be good to get all the boys on Phils side before they come over but do you honestly think this is going to help the matter be resolved?
Dude, your criticizing DN for siding with his friend Phil, yet your on here claiming to know the other party and defending them.Hypocrite?
FMP
my post wasnt meant to be offensive in any way and I appologise if it came across that way. The post asking who are all these coming out of the woodwork was aimed at me so I answered as who I was. FCP can confirm I was one of their first members and was a member before DN was even the household name he now is. I thought DN was above all of this thats all, I shall now go back to not posting and bothering your American friends Danny.
As for everyone defending Ivey as being the salt of the earth never hurt a fly type I dont know how many of you know the story of the guy who taught him to play chinese poker many moons ago. This guy won a good few quid off him. Ivey went away and improved and now takes great player saying how he didnt just win his money back he totally broke the guy who now drives a taxi. He didnt just want to win a few quid he wanted to destroy him completely and is quite proud of the fact he did. Again this is only heresay as who knows whats true in poker tales etc but i really think they should be left to sort this and you should keep out of it.
Sir, if you want to try and maintain the moral high ground as to how things should be left in private why on earth are you bringing up other unrelated events in an attempt to sling mud? Big wiffs of hypocracy here.

Ok, Just a couple quick questions and thoughts?How much money are we talking about?Secondly I am not a golfer but I assume handicap is your average above or belowpar?So how exactly can someone lie about a handicap if it isa an average?Sorry , I am not a golfer but can someone explain this to me.

Ok, Just a couple quick questions and thoughts?How much money are we talking about?Secondly I am not a golfer but I assume handicap is your average above or belowpar?So how exactly can someone lie about a handicap if it isa an average?Sorry , I am not a golfer but can someone explain this to me.
Not sure about the amountRegarding Handicap - there is a pretty specific PGA calculation of how to determine Handicap.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 1A minimum of five scores and a maximum of 20 is required to get started. For each score, the USGA Course Rating and Slope Rating for the courses played are also required. Using those figures, calculate the handicap differential for each round entered using this formula:(Score - Course Rating) x 113 / Slope RatingFor example, let's say the score is 85, the course rating 72.2, the slope 131. The formula would be (85 - 72.2) x 113 / 131.This differential is calculated for each round entered.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 2Figure out how many differentials are being used. Not every differential that results from Step 1 will be used in the next step. If only five rounds are entered, only the lowest differential will be used. If 20 rounds are entered, only the 10 lowest differentials are used. A chart at the bottom of this page shows how many differentials are used based on the number of rounds entered.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 3Get an average of the differentials used by adding them together and dividing by the number used (i.e., if five differentials are used, add them up and divide by five). Multiply the result by .96 (96-percent). Drop all the digits after the tenths (do not round off) and the result is handicap index.How many amateurs actually know their "Handicap"?

I could understand them not quitting after 18 holes have been played. Ego's get in the way and figured Phil just shot above his skill level that day and on the second day they would break even.Losing after 36 holes though , something should have told them they were getting outclassed and to pay up then and walk away.

Yah not a whole lot of sympathy here for em. If I ever was in a position financially to play golf for high stakes, I'm pretty sure Phil Ivey would not be an opponent, no offense to PI.....but wagering with him just doesn't seem +EV.

I am totally convinced that a huge portion of the "poker community" upper-echelons are populated by social nitwits with emotionally retarded personalities that haven't expanded or grown past the early years of high school.There is no doubt that being a great poker player requires certain "disconnects" in the mind; trickery, lying, deceit and the ability to pathologically disregard the well-being of other people aren't built-in traits everyone has as a matter of default- but from a purely sociological perspective, it never ceases to amaze me how sophomoric and juvenile these idiotic "he said" poker community squabbles can be.Without hyperbole, it is absolutely like watching 15 year olds in the hallway between class.Apparently, you guys have made so much money and are so comfortable in your lives that you've become entirely unaware of what battles are actually worth investing your energies in. I'm not the sort of guy to wish sickness, death, prison or loss on anyone else just to say "I told you so", but I am starting to think that's what some of you dudes need to get your minds right.Let the people who this involves settle it amongst themselves. If there is a welcher involved, their reputation as the lowest form of scum will spread without any kick-starting by a bunch of people with such hollow lives that they just cannot fathom living one single day without sticking their noses in the affairs of others.

This is all an urban legend. The supposed golf game never took place. Another false rumor started on the Internet!
That is how Global Warming started......Al Gore specifically invented the Internet with that in mind.
Just ask Eric Rykland.
It really is this simple. I suggest he calls everyone involved, gets all sides of the story, and mediates this himself, seeing he worships everyone equally. If he doesn't call anyone of you soon, you should call him ASAP.
Not sure about the amountRegarding Handicap - there is a pretty specific PGA calculation of how to determine Handicap.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 1A minimum of five scores and a maximum of 20 is required to get started. For each score, the USGA Course Rating and Slope Rating for the courses played are also required. Using those figures, calculate the handicap differential for each round entered using this formula:(Score - Course Rating) x 113 / Slope RatingFor example, let's say the score is 85, the course rating 72.2, the slope 131. The formula would be (85 - 72.2) x 113 / 131.This differential is calculated for each round entered.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 2Figure out how many differentials are being used. Not every differential that results from Step 1 will be used in the next step. If only five rounds are entered, only the lowest differential will be used. If 20 rounds are entered, only the 10 lowest differentials are used. A chart at the bottom of this page shows how many differentials are used based on the number of rounds entered.Golf Handicap Calculation - Step 3Get an average of the differentials used by adding them together and dividing by the number used (i.e., if five differentials are used, add them up and divide by five). Multiply the result by .96 (96-percent). Drop all the digits after the tenths (do not round off) and the result is handicap index.How many amateurs actually know their "Handicap"?
I've never played stakes even remotely this high, as a big money match to me is a $100 Nassau but that being said.Lots of amateurs know their handicap. Most pros have no clue of their handicap because they don't care what they average, seeing as their scratches, and just play even with the course.When you play someone without a documented handicap you always run the risk of A ) Being hustledB ) Having someone not know what their handicap is.If you average 90 by shooting 10 scores of 100, and 10 scores of 80 then your handicap is not 18. It's around 7.7 but you're not lying if you say you average 90, which means that someone who doesn't know would give you a handicap of 18.Ivey does not keep a handicap, as he's never posted a score so it's tough to guess how many shots to give him. This always leads to problems, and I tend not to play anybody without a handicap, or if I do play them I won't play them for serious money. But on the occasions that I do play someone without a handicap, if I was getting killed I'd never continue to double the bet. If you're getting waxed by someone and it's because they're getting too many shots, then you just take your beating and try and minimize your losses. I can't imagine a situation where I was losing because I thought the other person was getting too many shots, yet I continued to double the bet to try and get even
I used to play golf with my business partner, as of 2003 I still owe him something like 46 million...I hope i never win the lottery cuz than i might have to pay. It went something like this....I'd lose one bet for 50k and then it would be double or nothing, til we got to 46 million and i realized, I have no golf game....I'm not paying either.
For The Attention of Mr Daniel NegreanuI have never posted on your forum before, but I have to say I am shocked by your most recent blogs and I feel forced to air my view of them. You are a great poker player and a decent human being, but I think your recent posts do you a disservice.The first blog completely ridicules a fellow professional (Phil Hellmuth) which I find totally unacceptable. Whatever your view of him, to write the blog you did demonstrates at best a lack of judgement. In any other industry this would be completely unacceptable. Why you feel you have the right to ridicule Phil I have no idea. (And before you ask, no I don't know Phil and frankly I find most of his behaviour obnoxious too, but I would never publically ridicule a fellow professional in my industry whatever my view of him). Incidently, I also found your ridiculing of Mike Matasow on TV similarly unacceptable...and he is supposed to be a friend of yours.Secondly, the golf bet is none of your business and again I am shocked at your apparent arrogant self-justification of why you had to get involved. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the situation, it is none of your business and you have no right to get involved airing other peoples dirty laundry in public. (and again I know none of the parties involved.) I feel sure you would not wish others to do this to you.I used to enjoy reading your blogs, but I regret to say in recent months to the casual reader like me, they are becoming increasingly arrogant and self-righteous andI think you should have a long hard think about what your motives are with your blogs and why you write them. I suspect most people read your blog because we are interested in your remarkable insights into the world of tournament and cash poker and your interesting and constructive views on many of the world's big issues (e.g. global warming).In conclusion, may I recommend the following: "Do unto others as you would wish to be done unto you..."