Random Hockey Observations

You use the term "everyone" very loosely.
he does, but I think its fair to say that 90% of hockey fans, if not more, would have thought all 4 would be all stars, and consider them pretty much perennial picks.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I found out they call our loveable Steve , angry Steve in the other part of the forum..Pretty weird since I dont consider Steve angry at all..Sometimes misinformed when his is arguing with me :)but NEVER angry, he is jolly Steve IMO

Tampa Bay is tied for 1st place in the Southeast Division, and in 6th place overall in the league. :club: Pretty amazing for a team with no goaltending to speak of, they're giving up better than 3 goals per game despite only allowing 28 shots per game, 4th best in the league.

Tampa Bay is tied for 1st place in the Southeast Division, and in 6th place overall in the league. :club: Pretty amazing for a team with no goaltending to speak of, they're giving up better than 3 goals per game despite only allowing 28 shots per game, 4th best in the league.
In the last 5 games they have allowed 16 goals scored 9managed to win 3 of them..They just like to give them up in bunches apparently.
Mike Ribeiro for Ryane Clowe; pts only -- which side would you pick?
Toss up...they're both pretty streaky. I've had Clowe for like 3 years now, he's more frustrating than anything else.
I'd take Ribeiro
Problem is that I have extra Cs and need Ws -- other guy has Ws and needs Cs. So it's a good match; just never considered Clowe in the past so curious. Might try a play for Nash but he's probably way too much of a "name"Ribeiro + Ehrhoff for Nash + Meszaros?
AHHHHHHHH!
Agreed... I really don't get the fascination in the barber-pole vintage from a vocal part of the Sens fanbase. I realize that the picture is from Bingo -- I shudder to think that it was a test run for a Heritage Classic jersey.Now here is some awesome 3rd jerseys that I'd buy in a nano-second.
Agreed... I really don't get the fascination in the barber-pole vintage from a vocal part of the Sens fanbase. I realize that the picture is from Bingo -- I shudder to think that it was a test run for a Heritage Classic jersey.Now here is some awesome 3rd jerseys that I'd buy in a nano-second.
I like the ones you posted..The other ones look like the Habs **** jerseys.

Ok, a couple things.1) We just had our first TV time out in the second period of the Pens/Bruins game with ~2:40 left. Wow.2) The absolutely dumbest thing happened at the start of the period. Chara wraps his stick around Dupuis neck, and the stick in turn smokes some Bruin player in the face, and he goes down and is bleeding. The ref puts his hand up for a delayed penalty, the Penguins control the puck for a good 15-20 seconds, Fleury goes to the bench, etc. They get a shot off, Bruins grab the rebound and the whistle blows. The somehow Dupuis gets 4 minutes. Uh what? That is one of the worst sequences I've ever seen by officials.3) The action in this game is friggen insane! Back and forth, no whistles, non-stop speed and hitting. It's incredible.

Ok, a couple things.1) We just had our first TV time out in the second period of the Pens/Bruins game with ~2:40 left. Wow.2) The absolutely dumbest thing happened at the start of the period. Chara wraps his stick around Dupuis neck, and the stick in turn smokes some Bruin player in the face, and he goes down and is bleeding. The ref puts his hand up for a delayed penalty, the Penguins control the puck for a good 15-20 seconds, Fleury goes to the bench, etc. They get a shot off, Bruins grab the rebound and the whistle blows. The somehow Dupuis gets 4 minutes. Uh what? That is one of the worst sequences I've ever seen by officials.3) The action in this game is friggen insane! Back and forth, no whistles, non-stop speed and hitting. It's incredible.
Yeah I don't get number two. If another referee thought he saw Dupuis high-stick the guy could he have blown the whistle dead even though it was another ref that called the penalty. Or shouldn't he have just put his hand up to call it??
Yeah I don't get number two. If another referee thought he saw Dupuis high-stick the guy could he have blown the whistle dead even though it was another ref that called the penalty. Or shouldn't he have just put his hand up to call it??
Probably a linesman clarifying the call. The ref prolly saw it one way, the linesman saw the actual hi-stick, so at the stoppage the linesman can inform the referee. The linesman CAN'T whistle it dead on a penalty tho...
Probably a linesman clarifying the call. The ref prolly saw it one way, the linesman saw the actual hi-stick, so at the stoppage the linesman can inform the referee. The linesman CAN'T whistle it dead on a penalty tho...
But if the ref thought the penalty was on Boston, fine, then a linesman comes and gives him incorrect information?It was an absolute colossal series of errors no matter how they spin it. Not only did they get the call wrong, but giving Dupuis 4-minutes for getting molested by Chara while Chara's stick hits his own player, but they also failed to blow the whistle for 20 seconds while the Penguins had the puck. Fleury was on the bench for Christ's sake. What happens if after 20 seconds Boston takes the puck and goes down a scores? Or alternatively, what happens if Pittsburgh scores after controlling the play for that 15-20 seconds?It's an absolute disgrace all around by all 4 officials. Luckily, it didn't have much of an effect on what was an absolutely fantastic hockey game.
But if the ref thought the penalty was on Boston, fine, then a linesman comes and gives him incorrect information?It was an absolute colossal series of errors no matter how they spin it. Not only did they get the call wrong, but giving Dupuis 4-minutes for getting molested by Chara while Chara's stick hits his own player, but they also failed to blow the whistle for 20 seconds while the Penguins had the puck. Fleury was on the bench for Christ's sake. What happens if after 20 seconds Boston takes the puck and goes down a scores? Or alternatively, what happens if Pittsburgh scores after controlling the play for that 15-20 seconds?It's an absolute disgrace all around by all 4 officials. Luckily, it didn't have much of an effect on what was an absolutely fantastic hockey game.
An Empty net goal by Boston there would be pretty interesting, then the officials are really ****ed up.

I don't know if anyone is watching the Rangers game, but Lundqvist was flat-out incredible on this most recent PP. 5 quality shots on net from Montreal and he turned them all aside...some in spectacular fashion. LOL...now he's kicking someone's ass. <grin>

I don't know if anyone is watching the Rangers game, but Lundqvist was flat-out incredible on this most recent PP. 5 quality shots on net from Montreal and he turned them all aside...some in spectacular fashion. LOL...now he's kicking someone's ass. <grin>
Pacioretty was shoved into him by Dubinsky and he started giving Pacioretty a few blocker shots to the head.I think shots to the head by a goalie's blocker should be suspendable.
Pacioretty was shoved into him by Dubinsky and he started giving Pacioretty a few blocker shots to the head.I think shots to the head by a goalie's blocker should be suspendable.
Yeah, he wasn't responding to getting hit, I think he was just trying to fire his team up since to that point he was basically the only player who bothered to show up. Will agree that it's not okay for a goalie to start teeing off on a guy's head with the blocker.