Random Hockey Observations

Lidstrom should be a shoe-in team captain. I have to imagine the players are tired enough of all the attention Crosby and Ovechkin get, and they're the ones doing the captain voting if I'm not mistaken. If it was me voting, I'd vote for the goalies, let them pick the teams they want in front of them. Thomas on one side, Lundqvist on the other?
You are right that would be cool..However the coolest thing IMO would be the Sedin's to be captains...That would be really cool.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

You are right that would be cool..However the coolest thing IMO would be the Sedin's to be captains...That would be really cool.
No one would know what team they were on -- NHL would have to restart the whole draft.

HOMER TIME:Im dissapointed at the lack of love Cam Ward is getting.Ill be the first to admit he is not as consistent year to year, month to month as he should be, but the guy is very deserving of the all star vote if you ask me. Stats dont always tell the whole story, and Ward has flat out won a bunch of games for the Canes.I recall Luongo having some bad stretches in Oct/Nov, and I cant say Ive watched a ton of Quick, but not sure he's stealing games for them.Ward has been great since game 1. With no real backup to spell him.However, Pavelec has been incredible based on what Ive seen, would take him ahead of Ward.I havent watched a thing today, how many gtd did they pick?

No one would know what team they were on -- NHL would have to restart the whole draft.
Heh, that would be awesome...Daniel on one side and Henrik on the other. I could totally see that happening.
I havent watched a thing today, how many gtd did they pick?
6 goalies, and 5 of them are from the Eastern Conference. Tim Thomas, Cam Ward, MA Fleury, Henrik Lundqvist, Jonas Hiller and Carey Price.
6 goalies, and 5 of them are from the Eastern Conference. Tim Thomas, Cam Ward, MA Fleury, Henrik Lundqvist, Jonas Hiller and Carey Price.
was Fleury a vote in? He shouldn't be there, based on October, November.anyone else, its a tough call. Maybe Ward didnt deserve it, but Im not sure he's that much worse than Quick/Loungo. Id pick Ward, but then I watch him most.
was Fleury a vote in? He shouldn't be there, based on October, November.anyone else, its a tough call. Maybe Ward didnt deserve it, but Im not sure he's that much worse than Quick/Loungo. Id pick Ward, but then I watch him most.
Fleury was voted along with all the other Pens..87,71,Letang
Sweet Jeebus, just realized the 7th overall scorer in the NHL didn't make the All-Star team.... some dude named Zetterberg...
I guess he got caught up in the numbers game with all teams being represented during the All Star weekend. He probably shouldn't be the guy left out though considering all he brings.Lidstrom has to be one of the Captains. The well that Bozak and Kessell talked about him makes me think he's the most respected player in the league by other players.

I think the NHL has an amazing opportunity to promote the Sedin brothers. This is an amazing story that is unprecended in sports history. Yes brothers have played together and done well, however its hard to find an example where two brothers were arguably the two of the best players at their sport at the same time.Let alone the human interest side of the story because they are identical twins.It would be the equivalent Jose and Ozzie Canseco challenging for the home run title batting 3rd and 4th in the order.This is Oprah material, this is a movie of the week...Use these guys NHL, please no more Ovechkin and Crosby..

Sweet Jeebus, just realized the 7th overall scorer in the NHL didn't make the All-Star team.... some dude named Zetterberg...
Puck Daddy mentions he should've been in instead of Hemsky. "No Brainer" is used loosely, but I don't see how anyone could pick Hemsky over Zetterberg, either for this season, or in the past 5 years.
Serious, like is it going to be A B A B A B A B A etc...orA B B A A B B A A etc...
A snake draft with two teams picking is a little retarded IMO.But if they go with the whole swedish theme A B B A would be fitting..

A coin toss will decide first pick with the team captains, joined by their two alternate captains, alternately drafting the 36 remaining All-Stars through 18 rounds. Each team will consist of three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards total. For sake of fairness in the draft, the captain and alternate captains for each team will consist of two forwards and one defenseman. Also, to ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply predetermined due to position requirements, each team’s three goalies must be picked by the end of Round 10 and each team’s six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.

This maybe a little interesting..Cant wait to find out what team Ill be cheering for..Problem :If Kessel and Crosby end up on the same team..Dilemma that we will deal with.

Drew DoughtyJoe ThorntonDany HeatleyIlya Kovalchukbeginning of the year everyone would of had them on the All Star team.

Drew DoughtyJoe ThorntonDany HeatleyIlya Kovalchukbeginning of the year everyone would of had them on the All Star team.
You use the term "everyone" very loosely.