Random Hockey Observations

Blocker to head was absolutely a match penalty in my minor leagues, under CHA rules. My buddy goalie back home, who actually plays on my men's league team tried it. It was called the atomic blocker, but I digress. Not sure on the NHL rules.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Evgeni Malkin...All Russians, all on pace to be way below their career averages..In Ovy's case its mostly him not scoring as much..I wont even mention Kovalev.Coincidence?Or is this Bettman's doing ahead of the Olympics in Russia?

"@ian_mendes: 18 times this season, the Sens have been in a game that is tied in the 3rd period. They've only won 3 of those games."4? years ago the Senators were pretty much unbeatable in the 3rd... if they had gone 15-3 instead of 3-15 this season, those extra 24 pts would put them tied w/ the league lead.Goes to show a. the amazing parity in this league (see Philly) and b. how much stagnation can kill a team.edit: six of those losses still got pitty pts so only +18 pts...

Won my big over bet on the BOS-CAR game, now I've done lost my mind and bet a bunch of $5 parlays to celebrate...San Jose and the under for $5Dallas and the over for $5Florida and the under for $5Just to be a dick I also parlayed all of the above results for $5. And I wonder why I'm not a winning sportsbettor. LOL

Won my big over bet on the BOS-CAR game, now I've done lost my mind and bet a bunch of $5 parlays to celebrate...San Jose and the under for $5Dallas and the over for $5Florida and the under for $5Just to be a dick I also parlayed all of the above results for $5. And I wonder why I'm not a winning sportsbettor. LOL
Wow...Thornton scores with 48 seconds left into an empty net to lose me the first one...Florida blows a 2 goal lead with 1:50 left to lose me the second one. Crazy shit right there.
Wow...Thornton scores with 48 seconds left into an empty net to lose me the first one...Florida blows a 2 goal lead with 1:50 left to lose me the second one. Crazy shit right there.
I'm almost certain you are directly responsible for my elimination from the Survivor pool tonight.

The New Jersey Devils as a part of the penalty must forfeit a first round pick from 2011-2014..I guess its their choice and obviously wont pick this year..How sick would it have been if the NHL just said you forfeit your 2011 pick?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350042John Davidson is not happy with the waiver rule as is and I don't blame him. I was just thinking this when San Jose grabbed Wellwood. The Blues did all the work to get Svatos and Wellwood under contract and other teams are able to just swoop in and grab them.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350042John Davidson is not happy with the waiver rule as is and I don't blame him. I was just thinking this when San Jose grabbed Wellwood. The Blues did all the work to get Svatos and Wellwood under contract and other teams are able to just swoop in and grab them.
I can't say that I disagree with him at all, although history will show that the Preds and Sharks did him a favor in the long run. It's pretty insane that a player who isn't under contract with an NHL team has to be exposed to all 29 other teams first.
I can't say that I disagree with him at all, although history will show that the Preds and Sharks did him a favor in the long run. It's pretty insane that a player who isn't under contract with an NHL team has to be exposed to all 29 other teams first.
I like his suggestion of only teams lower in the standings being allowed to make a claim.
It's pretty insane that a player who isn't under contract with an NHL team has to be exposed to all 29 other teams first.
Per McGuire (after speaking to a "western conference GM"): it is doubtful that the waivers will ever be removed due to the possibility for cap evasion. ie: you set up a player with a cushy contract in Europe for half a season then in January bring him back. Seems like more trouble than it's worth but there you go.
Per McGuire (after speaking to a "western conference GM"): it is doubtful that the waivers will ever be removed due to the possibility for cap evasion. ie: you set up a player with a cushy contract in Europe for half a season then in January bring him back. Seems like more trouble than it's worth but there you go.
I wonder how many donuts the St. Louis Blues have been shipping over to Wellwood this season?
I think the spirit of the rule makes sense...Lets not think about Wellwood but lets say its a much more sought after player..Its not fair that the worst teams dont get a crack at them first.
I wonder how many donuts the St. Louis Blues have been shipping over to Wellwood this season?
Along with 1967 Leafs Jokes, Wellwood fat jokes have jumped the shark.
Along with 1967 Leafs Jokes, Wellwood fat jokes have jumped the shark.
Perhaps, but I still watched Happy Days after Fonzie jumped the shark.