• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Malkin is gonna finish top 5 in NHL scoring, maybe number 1.
2 goals and 1 assist now for Malkin today...watch out Ovi! Malkin is only 4 points back of the NHL lead and 2 behind VL for 2nd place.
Dont rub it in, I'm here..
can you go down to the Red Wings bench and tell them to pick up the pace please? Thanks.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229379&hubname=nhlZednik got cut deep at the neck, Hope it's not too serious.
My friend IM'ed me with "ZEDNIK" followed by "MALARCHUK" that scared the hell out of me, it was a dangerous scene and I've seen it a couple of times now and it's still scary. Apparently he's in Stable condition.Here is a photo. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.Picture 1Picture 2---Doesn't work anymore.Here is the Youtube, tough to watch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xQM1LTGK0
My friend IM'ed me with "ZEDNIK" followed by "MALARCHUK" that scared the hell out of me, it was a dangerous scene and I've seen it a couple of times now and it's still scary. Apparently he's in Stable condition.Here is a photo. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.Picture 1Picture 2Here is the Youtube, tough to watch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xQM1LTGK0
Seeing the reaction of the players is really telling. You never see players that shook up.Watching the slo-mo on Sportscentre is very very difficult. Thankfully he is doing well.

It bothers me that poor Jeanerrette has gone through this before, with Malarchuk, and Harry Neale is saying he's never seen so much blood, and Rick is trying to move on and not think about it, but I don't think it even entered into Neale's mind.

it always surprises me that sports can continue after an incident like that. players minds cannot be on the game after that, look how shook up they all are. case in point, in a soccer game in 96 a player broke his leg horrifically, leading to his retirement, and 3 of the other players who saw the incident were so affected with shock that they were puking on the pitch and still the the game continued. i understand the obligation to the fans and the fact that teams are running a business but sometimes compassion of the players might be a better route, there is no way the fans get into a game after something like that anyways.best of luck to zednik, i hope he makes a speedy recovery.edit -"We shouldn't have finished the game," Jokinen said. "I saw the replay, that it was my skate that hit him in the throat. I think we were all in shock. I've never seen anything like that. There are bigger things than (finishing the game). It was terrifying."I didn't think anyone on our team was thinking hockey out there after an injury like that. If it was my call, I would have gone to the hospital with him."

it always surprises me that sports can continue after an incident like that. players minds cannot be on the game after that, look how shook up they all are. case in point, in a soccer game in 96 a player broke his leg horrifically, leading to his retirement, and 3 of the other players who saw the incident were so affected with shock that they were puking on the pitch and still the the game continued. i understand the obligation to the fans and the fact that teams are running a business but sometimes compassion of the players might be a better route, there is no way the fans get into a game after something like that anyways.best of luck to zednik, i hope he makes a speedy recovery.edit -"We shouldn't have finished the game," Jokinen said. "I saw the replay, that it was my skate that hit him in the throat. I think we were all in shock. I've never seen anything like that. There are bigger things than (finishing the game). It was terrifying."I didn't think anyone on our team was thinking hockey out there after an injury like that. If it was my call, I would have gone to the hospital with him."
I agree. The problem with these situations is that no one wants to make that decision on their own. One of the league officials goes to both benches, and asks both teams if they want to stop the game or play on. When it's posed like that, no one wants to look weak and say 'No, we've had enough.' The NHL officials need to grow some balls and just call the game and worry about the scheduling and everything else afterwards.
I agree. The problem with these situations is that no one wants to make that decision on their own. One of the league officials goes to both benches, and asks both teams if they want to stop the game or play on. When it's posed like that, no one wants to look weak and say 'No, we've had enough.' The NHL officials need to grow some balls and just call the game and worry about the scheduling and everything else afterwards.
Why is the coaches decisions??It should be an NHL decision , I think...
Why is the coaches decisions??It should be an NHL decision , I think...
It IS the NHL's decision. But they decided AFTER conferring with both coaches and the referee to continue the game. that's my point... it just takes one of those people to say "No way. There are more important things than hockey. Game over', for the game to be called. No one did that.
It IS the NHL's decision. But they decided AFTER conferring with both coaches and the referee to continue the game. that's my point... it just takes one of those people to say "No way. There are more important things than hockey. Game over', for the game to be called. No one did that.
Shouldn't a decision of that significance be made be a club president / vp / etc... ?
Shouldn't a decision of that significance be made be a club president / vp / etc... ?
No, I think it's right for it to be the NHL's call, since there are two teams involved. I just wish they had the stones to just say, "That's it, we're done here tonight". Instead, Colin Campbell ran around, talked to coaches and refs, then allowed the game to continue..
No, I think it's right for it to be the NHL's call, since there are two teams involved. I just wish they had the stones to just say, "That's it, we're done here tonight". Instead, Colin Campbell ran around, talked to coaches and refs, then allowed the game to continue..
I mean... Colin Campbell should have consulted the Presidents rather than the coaches. There would have been so many financial considerations they really weren't in a position to make the decision.
I mean... Colin Campbell should have consulted the Presidents rather than the coaches. There would have been so many financial considerations they really weren't in a position to make the decision.
The presidents are not always at the games or easy to reach on short notice.
anyone just see ladd boot the puck in against the bruins? if thats not a distinct kicking motion then they may as well just get rid of that rule.
I just caught the replay. I dont understand that at all, looked like a definite kick.
It's CNIB night in the war room.
I'll take it!Easy to say now, but I thought even before he got 2 goals tonight that Andrew Ladd was going to be the biggest beneficiary of yesterday's trade. Granted one was kicked in, but if it gives him some confidence, and more ice time, I thin k he will respond.Corvo looks ok so far, although I keep thinking its Coffey for some reason. (#77, Co...)