• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

that doesnt ensure you haven't done it, only means you haven't been caught.
I don't drive more than 5-10 over depending on whether it's an interstate etc.how many miles over the speed limit was heatley going? It's possible to not ever go 30MPH over the speed limit..
Just because Heatley was traumatized , they didn't punished him which is ridiculous.He should have done something like 8 month of jail.His friend is dead because of his stupid fast-driving.
The family of the victim also advocated that he should be let off light...
Drunk driving is way worse then driving fast and its not even close. Driving fast does not cause accidents, it makes them worse. Its the reckless driving that causes accidents.
Yes he was reckless driving for sure...my point is still warranted....Heatley got a free pass, where in essence he should be sitting in a jail cell right now..I dont know why my comments are controversial...All they say is that I am out of line...and I am dumbThey=Gruven and his blind followers.
Yes he was reckless driving for sure...my point is still warranted....Heatley got a free pass, where in essence he should be sitting in a jail cell right now..I dont know why my comments are controversial...All they say is that I am out of line...and I am dumbThey=Gruven and his blind followers.
Serge, do you really see no difference between calling someone a murderer and believing they deserved to be punished for driving too fast and accidentally killing their friend?l
I couldnt help notice that this was the original post in this thread. Leading goal scorer until this week, first line ALL-STAR.not sure if it says something about the post, or something about the NHL.
That comment was made during last year's playoff's when Kovalchuk was nothing more than a perimeter player.
By Burke's comments this week it seems like even he is surpised that Selane is coming back. He almost seems pissed about it.
Selanne is an unrestricted free agent. Burke doesn't have to sign him.
Serge, do you really see no difference between calling someone a murderer and believing they deserved to be punished for driving too fast and accidentally killing their friend?l
I am sorry if I implied he is a murderer, it was the website...Regardless he should be punished.
I am sorry if I implied he is a murderer, it was the website...Regardless he should be punished.
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...&hl=heatley
This may be a sore spot for Ottawa Senators fans however....Dany Heatley goes and drives like a madman and kills his friend and he is not suspended...
and http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...&hl=heatley
#2 Ottawa Senators..Another sad excuse of a city that is MICKEY MOUSE..How big is Ottawa anyways , as big as my backyard?..They play in a hellhole named KANATA...what the hell is that, they couldnt spell Canada so they made up a fake city KANATA....Scotiabank Place...Stupid bank for a stupid team....What an ugly uniform, is it a condom or a jersey..baaaaaa go back to being a political city and leave the sports to a real city like Toronto....Daniel Alfredson what a choker..Where does he go in the playoffs???off to sweden to join the national curling team???Ottawa keep winning in the regular season and then what, you meet the Leafs and chookeeeee....Happens every year...Dany Heatley..Have we forgotten what this guy was involved in just a few short years ago..We dont forget Dany, you got away with murder....The tragedy doesnt go away...Its so sad what happened..
It isn't, and hasn't been *just* the website. It's you, so at least have the balls to stand up for your flawed opinions, instead of pawning it off on the site that you took the time to quote.
Serge, you own a mustang..... you mean to tell me that you have never.....EVER.... opened up that engine with a buddy in the car to show him what it can do?
I couldnt help but notice that you ignored this post. Makes me suspect what the answer is......
I couldnt help but notice that you ignored this post. Makes me suspect what the answer is......
I may have sped on occasion yes...however if i killed a friend of mine doing something irresponsbile I would expect that I would get punished to the fullest extent of the law...To the notion that I said he killed his friend..YES HE DID, and to the notion that he is a murderer, it was manslaughter...I dont think there is a verb that he is a manslaughterist..here is the definiton of manslaughter:http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m013.htmI may have been wrong with my choice of words..Ok he didnt get away with MURDER..He got away with manslaughter...Which is ok I guess..What is not ok is that the NHL ignored this...Why is it worse to kill dogs(Michael Vick) , lie about doing something legal(Barry Bonds) but its 'ok' and forgivable to get "away" with manslaughter...Mark Bell drove drunk and of course he should be punished ..HE GOT SUSPENDED 15 games on top of his jail time...Heatly NOTHING..This is my point..YOu can argue semantics about murderer, manslaughter, excessive driving or what not...That doesnt excuse the fact that the NHL dropped the ball on this case...
I may have sped on occasion yes...however if i killed a friend of mine doing something irresponsbile I would expect that I would get punished to the fullest extent of the law...To the notion that I said he killed his friend..YES HE DID, and to the notion that he is a murderer, it was manslaughter...I dont think there is a verb that he is a manslaughterist..here is the definiton of manslaughter:http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m013.htmI may have been wrong with my choice of words..Ok he didnt get away with MURDER..He got away with manslaughter...Which is ok I guess..What is not ok is that the NHL ignored this...Why is it worse to kill dogs(Michael Vick) , lie about doing something legal(Barry Bonds) but its 'ok' and forgivable to get "away" with manslaughter...Mark Bell drove drunk and of course he should be punished ..HE GOT SUSPENDED 15 games on top of his jail time...Heatly NOTHING..This is my point..YOu can argue semantics about murderer, manslaughter, excessive driving or what not...That doesnt excuse the fact that the NHL dropped the ball on this case...
Heatley missed a lot of games with the injuries he sustained. The NHL felt that this was more than adequate punishment. The point of punishing someone is to ensure that the perpetrator realizes the error of their ways, and will continue from that point forward with the knowledge that they did something wrong, and will not do it again. I think justice was served in this case. Regardless, calling Heatley a murderer is wrong. And you're wrong. And you know it. You're just not man enough to admit it. Which is unfortunate. I thought behind the facade you were a better person than that...
Heatley missed a lot of games with the injuries he sustained. The NHL felt that this was more than adequate punishment. The point of punishing someone is to ensure that the perpetrator realizes the error of their ways, and will continue from that point forward with the knowledge that they did something wrong, and will not do it again. I think justice was served in this case. Regardless, calling Heatley a murderer is wrong. And you're wrong. And you know it. You're just not man enough to admit it. Which is unfortunate. I thought behind the facade you were a better person than that...
Ok my choice of words is wrong..Calling him a murderer was wrong and i apologize..however I still believe in my point of view that he wasnt punished..lets leave it at that...
Ok my choice of words is wrong..Calling him a murderer was wrong and i apologize..however I still believe in my point of view that he wasnt punished..lets leave it at that...
I doubt you have ever had to go through what he went through. You don't know him personally, and you weren't there after the accident.
I doubt you have ever had to go through what he went through. You don't know him personally, and you weren't there after the accident.
were you there? How do you know he went through a lot? I tried to stay out of this argument, but this is getting ridiculous. I dont get this, why so much defense of Heatley? My personal opinion is that yeah, probably it affects him to this day, and that he is very sorry. But the law doesnt work that way, and just because someone feels bad doesnt mean you let him off of the crime. I realize Serge used a bad choice of words, but I am amazed at how defensive you all get about Heatley and his poor troubles, being hurt for a year and not being able to play hockey or him feeling all bad and guilty about it. Is it because it was his friend that died and he must feel terrible is the reason why your all so defensive? What if he had killed an innocent person in the car next to him? I kinda agree with Serge, Heatley got off light in both legal terms and in the NHL, in my opinion.
were you there? How do you know he went through a lot? I tried to stay out of this argument, but this is getting ridiculous. I dont get this, why so much defense of Heatley? My personal opinion is that yeah, probably it affects him to this day, and that he is very sorry. But the law doesnt work that way, and just because someone feels bad doesnt mean you let him off of the crime. I realize Serge used a bad choice of words, but I am amazed at how defensive you all get about Heatley and his poor troubles, being hurt for a year and not being able to play hockey or him feeling all bad and guilty about it. Is it because it was his friend that died and he must feel terrible is the reason why your all so defensive? What if he had killed an innocent person in the car next to him? I kinda agree with Serge, Heatley got off light in both legal terms and in the NHL, in my opinion.
Believe me, I'm no fan of Heatley whatsover, both professionally and personally. And, for the record, I have had personal dealings with him, which I doubt is true of anyone else here. BUT.... that doesn't mean he.... or anyone else.... deserves a label worse than what they deserve, especially since serge's labelling is based on Heatley playing for the wrong hockey team. If Heatley was a leaf, serge would leap to his defense. Heatley may be a jerk, but I think give back his career to change things. So let's not hurl around labels that are undeserved. If you feel he got off lightly, I respect your opinion. Now, lets drop this once and for all. And keep our hockey heckling restricted to hockey.
I guess the legal system dropped the ball too because he wasn't charged with manslaughter. I guess Atlanta cops are hockey fans and not football fans.
I guess the legal system dropped the ball too because he wasn't charged with manslaughter. I guess Atlanta cops are hockey fans and not football fans.
hmm. I thought this happened in canada?
hmm. I thought this happened in canada?
ATLANTA - Atlanta Thrashers center Dan Snyder underwent a two-hour surgical procedure Tuesday to treat "a significant brain injury" suffered in a one-car accident for which teammate Dany Heatley is facing several charges.Snyder remains in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital, where neurosurgeon Dr. Sanjay Gupta said "the next 24 to 72 hours are very important toward further evaluating his long-term prognosis."The 25-year-old Snyder suffered a depressed skull fracture to the right side of his head, said Gupta, who performed the surgery."The major force of the accident produced a diffuse brain injury, further aggravated by the contusion associated with the skull fracture," Gupta explained.According to police reports, Snyder was thrown from Heatley's black Ferrari, which was traveling in excess of 80 miles per hour when it struck a pillar near a condominium complex in Atlanta's affluent Buckhead section. The accident occurred Monday at about 10:30 p.m. EDT.Heatley, the 2002 Calder Trophy winner, has been charged with serious injury by vehicle - a felony - as well as misdemeanor counts of reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions and striking a fixed object.The 22-year-old Heatley remains in stable condition at Grady Memorial Hospital, where he is being treated for a fractured left jaw and a minor concussion."In addition, there is evidence of injuries to his right knee and left shoulder, which will be evaluated as time goes on," team physician Dr. Scott Gillogly said.When released from Grady Memorial, Heatley will be transferred to St. Joseph's Hospital for further evaluation and surgery to repair his jaw. While there, he also will undergo an MRI on his knee and shoulder.Heatley is one of the NHL's emerging stars and his likeness appears on the box of a popular hockey video game. He burst on the scene last February when he tied a record with four goals en route to winning most valuable player honors at the All-Star Game.The former first-round draft pick was ninth in the league in scoring in 2002-03 with 41 goals and 48 assists in 77 games.Snyder already was on the injured list following ankle surgery earlier this month. He had 10 goals and four assists in 36 games as a rookie last season.The Thrashers are scheduled to play the Florida Panthers in a preseason game on Wednesday night.sourceYou thought wrong.
oh snaps. couldn't you have just said "no"?osgood allowed at least 19 goals in the skillz pay the billz showcase.
Yes, I could have just said no but you seem to have an issue with me so I just decided to give a little attitude back to you. :club:
Yes, I could have just said no but you seem to have an issue with me so I just decided to give a little attitude back to you. :club:
no issue, just havin fun. could have sworn it happened in some rich suburb in canada, but now I remember that he was coming back from some team event.