Random Hockey Observations

Especially Pittsburgh hockey fans, he only scored goals 500, 501 and 502 in a Pens uniform.
READ IT AGAIN! I never said they were Pittsburgh hockey fans, haha. 1 grew up in Chicago, the other 2 in NE Indiana.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Especially Pittsburgh hockey fans, he only scored goals 500, 501 and 502 in a Pens uniform.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/mullejo01.htmlOnly 153/502 goals were in the black and gold but he did score #341 through #487 as well as #492 through #502. He won 2 cups while in Pittsburgh and 1 as a Flamer. (haha flamer)pin_mullen01.jpghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Mullen
Mullen retired in 1997 as the first the American born NHL player to score 500 goals(502). Joey was also the first American to reach 1,000 total career points (eventually reaching 1,063), a feat that has been equaled by only six other Americans.
Pretty pathetic if you at haven't at least heard of his name imo even if you aren't a Pittsburgh fan.

Kinda funny Joe Mullen/son story...A buddy of mine played goal for a Div 3 college in MN. After college, he put on a few lbs and slowed down. We played in an adult league tourney against Joe Mullen's team. Mullen smoked him for 5 goals and we lost like 9-3. After the game, my buddy came in the locker room, threw his stuff down and said "I'm never playing goal again!" He hasn't. A few years ago, I'm playing against my former goalie buddy and I'm on a line with Mullen's son. I didn't know who he was then, just knew him as "Ryan". Someone on the bench asked me why my buddy didn't play goal anymore. I explained the story and Ryan goes "Who did you say smoked him?"I said "Joe Mullen....former NHL player...hall of famer...ya know?"He laughed and goes, "Yea, I know him, he's my dad. I was just making sure that's who you said."

Who got the NHL Network last night?That's right, this guy. I told my wife about it this morning, and true to form, her first question was "how much does it cost?" I told her "three-fifty a month" and her eyes about popped out of her head. "Three hundred and fifty dollars per month???" LOL"No babe, three dollars and fifty cents". These behind the scenes draft shows are awesome, and I'm totally looking forward to being able to see the games they have on NHLN during the regular season this year. That pissed me off to no end last year that I was paying $150 for Centre Ice and there were still games I couldn't watch because they were showing on NHLN.

The US NHL Network > Canadian NHL Network. Can't figure out why ours sucks so much.
I'd say you Canadians are still just a tad better off with TV hockey coverage. Fox Sports - individual teams only. NBC - 3 hours per week maybe covering the 2 teams playing.Versus - a little better than NBC.ESPN - scores show up at the bottom of the screen but they'll only show highlights if something ridiculous happens, and if it's not entirely covered by the 5 minutes with Barry Melrose it'll get covered as the credits are rolling.The small amount of the NHL Network I've seen I've enjoyed but I don't see myself paying $8.00/ month for it. (My cable bundles it with some crap sport package...NBA network, International Sports, etc.)

I know, that's what I thought too and that's when TSN picks up the coverage, but I read an article that specifically mentioned 12:01 am EST, and none of the other articles I've found have mentioned a time.

I know, that's what I thought too and that's when TSN picks up the coverage, but I read an article that specifically mentioned 12:01 am EST, and none of the other articles I've found have mentioned a time.
i think someone was confused + having free agency in the middle of the night wouldn't make sense. Plus TSN would have a morning show to recap everything that has happened overnight.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...20174036AAEf7QJ