Random Hockey Observations

I have way too much shit going on this September... maybe next year?Going to NYC in 10 days, then I think my Mom is coming to Ottawa, then I have to go home for Thanksgiving... (ok, only one of those things are in September)Maybe... we'll see, LOL. I could def get cheap hotel...Oh yeah, I was entertaining the idea of going to AC for some HU tourney on the 17th or something... bleh. Too many things to do in places that are far away from Ottawa.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I think the kings and avs are playing a preseason game in KC.not sure if I even want to go. I guess a few of my kids could be there, but still, who gives a damn?

It's getting close.FROZEN FURY! LA KINGS VS COLORADO AVALANCHEAt the MGM Grand Arena,Who else is going? Best Kings game of the season, we're all drunk and we have hope still!
If any of you guys are thinking of going, but are on the fence, GO! I was in Vegas for this game in '07, and it was a blast. Unreal atmosphere for a game, even though it was exh.And, no idea if they still do it, but that year they had a celebrity poker tourney at MGM, with a bunch of current/old players. And an auction afterwards, and some stuff went really cheap. Just another reason to go to Vegas, as if you needed any.

Zherdev reported to go to the KHL. The $3.9M abitration contract he got was too high IMO. I was not surprised to see NYR pass on the option. Now he's going to be on a line with Alexander Perezhogin and Alexander Radulov. That would be a good 2nd line on most teams in the NHL.

Month of August is boring for sports...Especially when your favourite baseball team sucks balls and gives away supposed franchise players.

Now he's going to be on a line with Alexander Perezhogin and Alexander Radulov. That would be a good 2nd line on most teams in the NHL.
Pretty solid first line on more than a couple.
Month of August is boring for sports...Especially when your favourite baseball team sucks balls and gives away supposed franchise players.
fo shizzle.
Pretty solid first line on more than a couple.
for fantasy purposes, maybe.if i was trying to win a game, the idea of my first line being Zherdev-Radulov-Perezhogin would frighten me. Maybe even as a 2nd line.not to mention the locker room attitude of those 3 prima donnas.I love players with skill, and Im not that big into intangibles and grit, but those 3 are like the poster kids for the few hockey players with bad attitudes.
thats why August is spent outside with family+friends...........or inside prepping for fantasy football/hockey drafts to come! :club:
Dev stole my thunder, but....this.
Dev stole my thunder, but....this.
It applies at least twice as much to Pirate fans than anyone else so you backing me up is certainly not overkill.
I think the kings and avs are playing a preseason game in KC.not sure if I even want to go. I guess a few of my kids could be there, but still, who gives a damn?
It's Kings vs Isles, so there's a chance John Tavares will be there, so that might be worth watching. Also Braden Scheen so you never know.
If any of you guys are thinking of going, but are on the fence, GO! I was in Vegas for this game in '07, and it was a blast. Unreal atmosphere for a game, even though it was exh.And, no idea if they still do it, but that year they had a celebrity poker tourney at MGM, with a bunch of current/old players. And an auction afterwards, and some stuff went really cheap. Just another reason to go to Vegas, as if you needed any.
It's seriously the best game of the year. For anyone who hasn't gotten the change you'll realize how much fun all of the Kings fans are. If anyone goes I'll gladly hang out and buy you a drink.They are still doing the Poker tournament, here's the link to all of that stuff as it's charitable and there's the pre-party at Studio 54http://www.shelterforserenity.org/CDA5240F...asp?item=113940
It's Kings vs Isles, so there's a chance John Tavares will be there, so that might be worth watching. Also Braden Scheen so you never know.
alright, I'll put in a call to see if we can get tickets for cheap. would be cool if they ice reasonable teams. if last year was any indication... I will not see a decent lineup.
alright, I'll put in a call to see if we can get tickets for cheap. would be cool if they ice reasonable teams. if last year was any indication... I will not see a decent lineup.
Positive thing this time is it's not the first preseason game, it's actually the Kings 5th, so that roster wont be as weak as it was last year.

I am golfing tomorrow again..My game is getting much better.I have been consistently shooting mid 90s. I know thats not great but i am happy.Goal is to shoot below 90 by next year.- need to improve my slice. I consistently slice the ball off the tee. I can adjust by aiming left however it takes off 30-50 yards off my drive. I should be driving the ball around 275, but hover around 225 with my slice.- my bunker game is brutal. I have had several rounds where i put up a stupid 8 or 9 because I have been stuck in bunker for 3 shots.- my game from 100 yards in has been great. I have been consistently sticking the ball within 15 feet from this range.- i have a hybrid club that I use that i can now hit about 190 yards off the fairway. I use it a lot as opposed to a low iron. The problem is I dont have a shot that I can smash 220 off the fairway. Need to practice my fairway woods.- putting has been attrocious. Its so frustrating sticking the ball for 15 feet for a birdie and then 3 putting for bogey. This part of my game I just need to practice and I know i can putt well.Sorry its August, not much going on in hockey.OHH, ran into Gary Roberts they other day golfing. He is part owner of Wooden Sticks and he golfs there regularly.

I am golfing tomorrow again..My game is getting much better.I have been consistently shooting mid 90s. I know thats not great but i am happy.Goal is to shoot below 90 by next year.- need to improve my slice. I consistently slice the ball off the tee. I can adjust by aiming left however it takes off 30-50 yards off my drive. I should be driving the ball around 275, but hover around 225 with my slice.- my bunker game is brutal. I have had several rounds where i put up a stupid 8 or 9 because I have been stuck in bunker for 3 shots.- my game from 100 yards in has been great. I have been consistently sticking the ball within 15 feet from this range.- i have a hybrid club that I use that i can now hit about 190 yards off the fairway. I use it a lot as opposed to a low iron. The problem is I dont have a shot that I can smash 220 off the fairway. Need to practice my fairway woods.- putting has been attrocious. Its so frustrating sticking the ball for 15 feet for a birdie and then 3 putting for bogey. This part of my game I just need to practice and I know i can putt well.Sorry its August, not much going on in hockey.OHH, ran into Gary Roberts they other day golfing. He is part owner of Wooden Sticks and he golfs there regularly.
We have a lot of the same golfing strengths and weaknesses.I don't slice anymore though, I'm ok for direction off the tee, but I should be longer.I'm also ok in the sand.Beyond that, from 100 yards, I dial it in, but if I'm not right on my club distance, I'm all over the place. It's so hard to put it close from 50 yards trying to guess how much power to give it.Also, I love the hybrids. I even added a 5h when I was in Myrtle Beach because I can't hit my 5 iron as well as I'd like to. Well, it's more that I have no clubs that I can hit properly between my 5/6 irons and my fairway woods. I'm getting better with my hybrids though, so closing that gap is good.God I wish I golfed more often. :club:
We have a lot of the same golfing strengths and weaknesses.I don't slice anymore though, I'm ok for direction off the tee, but I should be longer.I'm also ok in the sand.Beyond that, from 100 yards, I dial it in, but if I'm not right on my club distance, I'm all over the place. It's so hard to put it close from 50 yards trying to guess how much power to give it.Also, I love the hybrids. I even added a 5h when I was in Myrtle Beach because I can't hit my 5 iron as well as I'd like to. Well, it's more that I have no clubs that I can hit properly between my 5/6 irons and my fairway woods. I'm getting better with my hybrids though, so closing that gap is good.God I wish I golfed more often. :club:
we really need to golf together sometime..
I'm down for basically anytime. I can usually get away for a few days and crash somewhere in the TO pretty easily.
im in as a 3rd! but gotta admit im probably not as good.....i just dont play very often at all anymore, and usually nothing but a few charity tourneys each year. (so end up playing best ball, which sucks)
im in as a 3rd! but gotta admit im probably not as good.....i just dont play very often at all anymore, and usually nothing but a few charity tourneys each year. (so end up playing best ball, which sucks)
I've only played once since my Myrtle Beach trip in April, and that was late May in Vegas. I'd be so rusty, but whateves. I need to play more often.I'm 100% down to go out with you too, let's make this happen... I'm thinking around the AHL draft... (assuming I officially get in), that way I can kill 2 birds with one stone.
I've only played once since my Myrtle Beach trip in April, and that was late May in Vegas. I'd be so rusty, but whateves. I need to play more often.I'm 100% down to go out with you too, let's make this happen... I'm thinking around the AHL draft... (assuming I officially get in), that way I can kill 2 birds with one stone.
AHL draft is tentatively(well pretty much done) will be held at my house Wednesday September 23. You and Arp have been already approved for franchises. We are also in the process of finalizing entry to another frequent FCP hockey dude. Stay tuned for details.As per golf, my schedule is pretty flexible during the week as long as I have a few days notice.Also coincidentally I am running a golf tourney on September 27th at the prestigious Wooden Sticks. Its a beatiful course where they have recreated 12 famous holes from the PGA . If you guys like to play its going to be a great tourney that we are putting together.The cost of the tourney is $175 which includes your round, lunch and a great dinner. Along with tons of great prizes , hole in one contests for cars and cash as well.its a pretty good deal as the green fees are actually $175-$220 depending on the time. The charity isnt making money on golfers, we have lots of sponsors including Remax, Toyota and TD.We can also play one of the many great golf courses in the area during your stay. I can play any course but i have one rule. I dont walk and must ride at any golf course I play.
AHL draft is tentatively(well pretty much done) will be held at my house Wednesday September 23. You and Arp have been already approved for franchises. We are also in the process of finalizing entry to another frequent FCP hockey dude. Stay tuned for details.As per golf, my schedule is pretty flexible during the week as long as I have a few days notice.Also coincidentally I am running a golf tourney on September 27th at the prestigious Wooden Sticks. Its a beatiful course where they have recreated 12 famous holes from the PGA . If you guys like to play its going to be a great tourney that we are putting together.The cost of the tourney is $175 which includes your round, lunch and a great dinner. Along with tons of great prizes , hole in one contests for cars and cash as well.its a pretty good deal as the green fees are actually $175-$220 depending on the time. The charity isnt making money on golfers, we have lots of sponsors including Remax, Toyota and TD.We can also play one of the many great golf courses in the area during your stay. I can play any course but i have one rule. I dont walk and must ride at any golf course I play.
I got the Facebook invite for that Wooden Sticks tourney. I'd love to play there, and it's close enough to the draft that I could spend a few days in Toronto in between and it not be a pain in the ass. I'd only go if someone else is in with me and we get to golf together though.And yeah, Serge... I'm too fat to walk the course now, so I'd cart it too. I used to HATE carting though. Walking gets you in such a good natural rhythm for your shots. Whenever I went with my Dad, he'd cart so I'd hop in with him and he was always in a rush. Golf isn't a rush game. He'd like make me rush after my shot to get in the cart to go wait at our balls for our next shot. So stupid.
I got the Facebook invite for that Wooden Sticks tourney. I'd love to play there, and it's close enough to the draft that I could spend a few days in Toronto in between and it not be a pain in the ass. I'd only go if someone else is in with me and we get to golf together though.And yeah, Serge... I'm too fat to walk the course now, so I'd cart it too. I used to HATE carting though. Walking gets you in such a good natural rhythm for your shots. Whenever I went with my Dad, he'd cart so I'd hop in with him and he was always in a rush. Golf isn't a rush game. He'd like make me rush after my shot to get in the cart to go wait at our balls for our next shot. So stupid.
We can make it happen. If Arp comes we can all play together. I think Arp has played in this tourney before. Man the gambling we could do, weeeeeeee...Bring Biatch too...
We can make it happen. If Arp comes we can all play together. I think Arp has played in this tourney before. Man the gambling we could do, weeeeeeee...Bring Biatch too...
Biatch doesn't golf. =/