Random Hockey Observations

RIP. Seemed like a good guy, and did a lot in the community as well.And for what its worth, Im suprised you guys think $260 is a lot to pay for game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.Zach, whats the date of that one? Maybe I'll come on this adventure, and we can go crash at Steve's house. :club:
Nobody knows for sure.I'd rather get down to Pittsburgh for game 4 or 6, to be honest.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Ugh... RIP Peter Zezel. Was a big fan of his when he was on the Leafs when I was growing up.http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280002
I am very sad this evening...Zezel was one of my favourties....I knew he was fighting this disease, but didnt realize until yesterday that he was close to death...I ran into him a couple of months ago at the Leafs game, he looked fine..Obviously a lot bigger than his playing days, I said hi to him and he smiled back..Sad sad day..RIP
What is sad is that it is my understanding, as it got talked alot about locally the last couple years, is that most of the empty seats at the Joe are already paid for and companies have no been using their tickets. Probably due to laying off people. No one to take to the game. Maybe they should take the people being laid off to the game. I would dig that.
See I was right, if you get laid off while enjoying a Red Wings game it would take the sting off. My wife just got laid off this morning and didn't get tickets for tonight's game. Blerg.

Hey Steve, tell your wife to keep her chin up. I was laid off about 4 years ago (I know another time and different economic conditions). I did not find a job for 5 months. When I did get an offer, I had 4 offers to look at. Everyday I just kept trucking along going on about 3-5 interviews a week and making my wife work like crazy.Also at the time, I made a trade in the AHL pool and messed up. It cost me 2 first round picks.

Hey Steve, tell your wife to keep her chin up. I was laid off about 4 years ago (I know another time and different economic conditions). I did not find a job for 5 months. When I did get an offer, I had 4 offers to look at. Everyday I just kept trucking along going on about 3-5 interviews a week and making my wife work like crazy.Also at the time, I made a trade in the AHL pool and messed up. It cost me 2 first round picks.
lol at the picks!She'll be fine. She is a writer and does freelance on the side so she will be able to just do more of that plus I just found out the severance package and that will work. Still sucks and a little scary but I think we will be fine. Just glad we put off adopting as that would have drained our savings account.

Peter Zezel was really a nice guy, and as was mentioned, a great community guy. I ran into Ozzy last week, and knew about the chemo, but the spleen thing was new and sudden. It really is a sad day... Zezel Berg Osborne was one of the best blue collar lines in Leaf history. Very sad to see Peter go...

There have been fistings in the NHL before, but nobody got fisted like Tony Granato just did by Colorado. what a joke. i hope that team never wins another game..... To treat a class guy like TG like that is just pure BULLshit

There have been fistings in the NHL before, but nobody got fisted like Tony Granato just did by Colorado. what a joke. i hope that team never wins another game..... To treat a class guy like TG like that is just pure BULLshit
you mean, firing him just to hope to get roy to come coach?we don't seem to be operating with the same definition for the word 'fisting'
I agree, **** Colorado!
you mean, firing him just to hope to get roy to come coach?we don't seem to be operating with the same definition for the word 'fisting'
No. the Av's chased roy for head coach through most of May, but don't do anything with Granato. Two weeks ago, Roy officially and publicly turns the job down. The Granato checks with management, understands through them that the Roy saga is over, and he gets back to work. Today, the NEW GM, calls Granato to tell him he's fired. The Av's announce the new GM without telling Granato he's on his way out. It's one thing to decide a guy isn't the right guy for you, but it's another thing to screw him over for weeks and weeks and make him look like an ass in the media. You can decide that you want to trade your wife in for a new model, but at least have the balls to tell the old one her services are no longer required.
No.the Av's chased roy for head coach through most of May, but don't do anything with Granato. Two weeks ago, Roy officially and publicly turns the job down. The Granato checks with management, understands through them that the Roy saga is over, and he gets back to work. Today, the NEW GM, calls Granato to tell him he's fired. The Av's announce the new GM without telling Granato he's on his way out.It's one thing to decide a guy isn't the right guy for you, but it's another thing to screw him over for weeks and weeks and make him look like an ass in the media.You can decide that you want to trade your wife in for a new model, but at least have the balls to tell the old one her services are no longer required.
I hate the decision more than anything. I have never been a fan of firing a coach after 1 season, or less in some cases. What was Granto supposed to do with Colorado this year?..... They have 2 very flakey inconsistent goaltenders. Both goaltenders, but Budaj especially, can't be counted on. On any given day they could go out and carry the Avs all night long...and other nights, they let the team down before they even get a chance to score.Colorado was also top 5 in man-games lost...and they were big names. Stansty, Sakic and Smyth all missed most, if not all, games down the stretch. Colorado wasn't dead last in the West all year long. Untill march, roughly, they were standing somewhat still in the standings staying between 4 and 10 points out of the playoffs almost everyday, but the entire team just tanked at the end of the season. Failing to score goals, and allowing a bunch in the process. Were they really expecting to do that good? This franchise need to realize it is not the late 90's or early 2000's anymore. The Avs need to take things slowly now rebuilding. The have a lot of good young guys who can greatly help the team in future years, but it's not enough. They need to have a player, and a leader, like Lidstrom or Crosby. In my opinion, Sakic is one of the best captains out there in terms of leadership. He is running short on years though, obviouslty. If he does comeback to play next year, I would be surprised if it wasn't his last year. What annoys me even more was the decision of who to replace Granto.....Joe Sacco? Really? Just bring up the Lake Erie coach? Couldn't have shopped around a little bit, could you? As much at it will suck, I'm gonna smrik when we finish dead last in the conference again...or possibly even the league. /rant
Sens too.Plus I remember Sacco from his playing days.
We also brought up our AHL coach...He sucked for us, but took the Canes to the Semifinals ..AGAIN
It's McCreary's choice whether to call it a goal, but to be honest It should have been. SC Finals call right there.
Yeah, it just goes by penalty shot rules. If he's calling a penalty shot, then it's a goal.It should have been a goal. I needed it for my 5-2 prediction, and my Serge's pool team. :club:
lemaire back to jersey, book it.sigh.
I hadnt thought of that....thats terrible. Not sure how you would feel as a Devils fan, cause it might mean 1-0 wins, but then again, win is a win.I think it might be fun to watch Minnesota and Dallas this year if they truly do try to push the attack. Devils with Lemaire? ugh.
I hadnt thought of that....thats terrible. Not sure how you would feel as a Devils fan, cause it might mean 1-0 wins, but then again, win is a win.I think it might be fun to watch Minnesota and Dallas this year if they truly do try to push the attack. Devils with Lemaire? ugh.
i havent actually heard anything but when the sutter news came through lemaire seemed like the obvious choice given his recent removal from the wild. welcome trap and the shutout record for marty, gg devils' players fantasy values and interesting hockey.