Random Hockey Observations

The quality will show after the 1st wash.
colour fade and stuff? what exactly happens?I probably wont end up wearing them much tbh, except maybe using the basketball one when I play. I guess that one wont have much of a shelf life, and will be tested.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

colour fade and stuff? what exactly happens?I probably wont end up wearing them much tbh, except maybe using the basketball one when I play. I guess that one wont have much of a shelf life, and will be tested.
The lettering is all wrinkly and the numbers fade. The product just looks awful afterwards. My son uses the Ovy fake for paintball.At first I was happy getting fakes but afterwards I do see the quality and would rather buy the real jerseys.
The lettering is all wrinkly and the numbers fade. The product just looks awful afterwards. My son uses the Ovy fake for paintball.At first I was happy getting fakes but afterwards I do see the quality and would rather buy the real jerseys.
Until recently, there wasnt even such a thing as a real Whalers jersey, unless someone was selling an old one on EBay. They stopped making them until a year or 2 ago. The guy who had the rights wouldnt allow new ones to be made when they start producing the North Stars+Nordiques ones in the last decade or so by NHL.Finding a genuine Francis jersey was impossible for me, so this was as good as it was gonna get. Thanks for the tip though.
I am pretty certain that no team or player shuddered. I would think most of all hockey is hoping for his return. You would hate to see a player like that not return from injury.
I'm fairly sure Tampa Bay (our most likely 1st round opponent) isn't thrilled with the idea, and I can bet that Steve Downie is more than likely to take a run at Crosby's head, should they be on the ice together.
I'm fairly sure Tampa Bay (our most likely 1st round opponent) isn't thrilled with the idea, and I can bet that Steve Downie is more than likely to take a run at Crosby's head, should they be on the ice together.
Yeah, I pretty much doubt all of that.
^^ If you doubt the idea that Downie would take a cheap-shot on Crosby. Plus, Franzen came back from a concussion in the 2008 playoffs and was met with Gary Robert's elbow. And if you truly doubt that Tampa Bay would rather play against a Pens line-up that has Crosby inserted into it as opposed to one that doesn't, then I'm wondering what sport you've been following for the first half of the hockey season.

Penguins don't have opposable digits, so it's a ****ing mystery to me how they manage to hang on to their sticks, let alone do so well year after year.

^^ If you doubt the idea that Downie would take a cheap-shot on Crosby. Plus, Franzen came back from a concussion in the 2008 playoffs and was met with Gary Robert's elbow. And if you truly doubt that Tampa Bay would rather play against a Pens line-up that has Crosby inserted into it as opposed to one that doesn't, then I'm wondering what sport you've been following for the first half of the hockey season.
lol. take it easy homer.Id bet Tampa's players are more happier that Cooke is out for the first round, since now they wont have to worry about getting blindsided by an ass, and then not being able to stand the rest of the summer without getting dizzy. I cant believe your throwing out Downie cheap shots......come on! I would bet that many professionals would prefer to play against the teams best players, and prove they could beat them with or without the stars. No one wants to hear "You only beat them cause Crosby was out". These guys want to win, period.
lol. take it easy homer.Id bet Tampa's players are more happier that Cooke is out for the first round, since now they wont have to worry about getting blindsided by an ass, and then not being able to stand the rest of the summer without getting dizzy. I cant believe your throwing out Downie cheap shots......come on! I would bet that many professionals would prefer to play against the teams best players, and prove they could beat them with or without the stars. No one wants to hear "You only beat them cause Crosby was out". These guys want to win, period.
All true except the bolded. If the Pens played Tampa, and Lecavalier, St Louis and Stamkos were carpooling and got into an accident breaking the legs of all 3, while the Pens would say 'Well, we don't want those guys to be out/We caught a break/We don't care who's in the lineup', you can bet that in the dressing room there might actually be some Irish step dancing to celebrate theoritical car accident.
I would bet that many professionals would prefer to play against the teams best players, and prove they could beat them with or without the stars.
If there were a way to prove this either way with quantifiable evidence, I'd bet everything I have and as much as I could borrow against your statement.edit: Gruven beat my post by seconds!

Cooke is irrelevant because he'll be a non-factor in the first round. Downie is completely relevant because he has a past history with both cheap shots and Crosby in particular. Either way, I mentioned him only as the most LIKELY candidate. You said it yourself - these guys want to win. Period. The best way to shut down the Pens is to take out their best player, and you're deluding yourself if you don't think someone on the opposing team might take it a bit too far. Call me a homer if you like, but I even used a Penguin player as an example of someone that went a bit too far in a similar situation.

I think you guys are probably both right.The stars in the game want to beat the other stars. These guys are supremely confident in their own abilities and want to prove it by beating the best. The lesser players probably feel a little bit of relief that they don't have to go up against someone who might make them look bad.And there's probably some overlap in each group.

photo6.jpg
I don't know how you did it Arp, but I just recalled dreaming last night that I was in a clothing store (not a hockey store), and they had a row of Whalers jerseys, so I flipped through until I found Francis (it was the 2nd last one in the row) and I looked at the tag and was so excited to buy it for $24.99. It was pretty weird.

Good lord, how nasty is the rookie class this year? In the Leafs thread I just kinda jotted down some homer response about who my top 3 would be, but man there's a ton of sick rookies.In no particular order, Skinner, Grabner, Couture, Eberle, Subban, Carlson, Fowler, Hall, Ennis, Stepan, Marchand, Shattenkirk, Pajaarvi, Johansson, McBain, Bickell...Not to mention Crawford, Neuvirth, Reimer, Bobrovsky...

I don't know how you did it Arp, but I just recalled dreaming last night that I was in a clothing store (not a hockey store), and they had a row of Whalers jerseys, so I flipped through until I found Francis (it was the 2nd last one in the row) and I looked at the tag and was so excited to buy it for $24.99. It was pretty weird.
Dreaming of a Francis Whalers jersey???Ray you are one sick individual.

I guess a few of you disagree with my beliefs! :club: Ya, I dont know, maybe Im just being too idealistic, but I want to believe that these guys are so good at what they do, and carry such confidence around with them, that they would rather play and beat the best. That doesnt mean they dont want to play so hard against a Crosby/Stamkos that the player becomes too banged up to have an impact, just that they dont want a free pass to the next round. Obv. just my opinion, but Im sticking with it.Also, I was just trying to back up Steve. :ts

If I was really good, Id have Lequeesha selling you the jersey.I wore the jersey for the first time last night, out at a sports bar with some buddies from my hockey pool/ball hockey team. I gotta say, LOTS of chicks checking me out. Francis Jersey=All the Wingman I Needthen again, its entirely possible they were thinking "what oldtimers team does he play on, and gross....why hasnt he changed????"
I guess a few of you disagree with my beliefs! :club: Ya, I dont know, maybe Im just being too idealistic, but I want to believe that these guys are so good at what they do, and carry such confidence around with them, that they would rather play and beat the best. That doesnt mean they dont want to play so hard against a Crosby/Stamkos that the player becomes too banged up to have an impact, just that they dont want a free pass to the next round. Obv. just my opinion, but Im sticking with it.Also, I was just trying to back up Steve. :ts
You can also look at it from a Roty standpoint. Would I rather play a stiff or beat Negreanu or Bob for the championship? As I told my son, I rather play the best to show them who the best really is.So I take Arp's point of view.
I wore the jersey for the first time last night, out at a sports bar with some buddies from my hockey pool/ball hockey team. I gotta say, LOTS of chicks checking me out. Francis Jersey=All the Wingman I Need
hmm, I may have to test this theory.I just ordered a Ryan howard White pinstripe Phillies Jersey and a Black brewers Rickie Weeks Jersey from that same site. $24 each