• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

When it comes to Bertuzzi I'm as biased as Colin Campbell would be if Cooke elbowed Gregory Campbell and knocked him cold so I don't really know what he should get. It's such a shame that he plays on the Red Wings since I have so much respect for that organization and so many of their players and hate that piece of shit.

Do you think he targeted Johnson's head?
I don't think he targeted the head, but he got his elbow high enough to the point where if Johnson moved in the wrong direction, or if his elbow just bounced of Johnson the wrong way it could strike the head. I think he needs to be taught that there is no reason to throw the elbow up there.As you all know, I am an Avs fan, but I don't think his 'reputation' should come into play here. This isn't a guy like Cooke (not attempting to needle or anything, just the first guy I thought of) who does things like this over and over. I think the Moore hit was horrifying but not what Bertuzzi is about. I think 2-3 games is acceptable. The NHL has to stop handing out 1-game suspensions in general. It's a joke.

Meh, given old precedent, 2 games. Given the new Cooke-era precedent, if they choose to follow through, maybe 4? Maybe 5? I don't know. I'd like to see 5-6 for any headshot, as a complete deterrent to get them out of the game, but I'm not CoCa.

I bet Bertuzzi gets nothing. TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzieAlso, Bertuzzi is technically not a repeat offender in terms of CBA for purposes of lost salary. But NHL does take the past into account. TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzieBut NHL also looks at # of games played without incident (susp or fine). IIRC, Bertuzzi hasn't been on carpet since Moore incident.

I bet Bertuzzi gets nothing.
But, but it's Bertuzzi. He kills pregnant women so that he can eat their unborn children while he clubs baby seals to death.

Looks worse to me than what some of you guys are saying. Seems clear he swings his elbow around violently. He knows he is Todd Bertuzzi, and a tall man, and that swinging your elbow violently around in the direction of someone's upper body is likely to hurt them. If it isn't a headshot, he's at least trying to inflict some damage. I hope they give him at least 3.

Looks worse to me than what some of you guys are saying. Seems clear he swings his elbow around violently. He knows he is Todd Bertuzzi, and a tall man, and that swinging your elbow violently around in the direction of someone's upper body is likely to hurt them. If it isn't a headshot, he's at least trying to inflict some damage. I hope they give him at least 3.
They didn't give him a suspension. It was decided on this morning.
They didn't give him a suspension. It was decided on this morning.
If it isn't a headshot, does it matter if he's trying to "inflict some damage?" I mean, you want guys to feel the check, right? That's different than trying to injure someone.
That was a tongue-in-cheek reference to 'attempt to injure.' You want guys to feel it, but doing 'damage' is arguably something different, and what the league is trying to police.Not suspending him is the league taking the easy way again. Like Chara, ignoring the obvious intent of a professional hockey player in control, and pretending that just because we don't see him mouthing the words "I'm going to hurt you," we can't be sure that's what he was trying to do.
That was a tongue-in-cheek reference to 'attempt to injure.' You want guys to feel it, but doing 'damage' is arguably something different, and what the league is trying to police.Not suspending him is the league taking the easy way again. Like Chara, ignoring the obvious intent of a professional hockey player in control, and pretending that just because we don't see him mouthing the words "I'm going to hurt you," we can't be sure that's what he was trying to do.
Agreed!
Got my Francis Whalers jersey in the mail today, from the wonderful Tianjin region. I am in love. This jersey completes me.
:icon_clap:pics?

ya, this is gonna make me finally post a pic. Photobucket.com still the best way? Ill sign up and post. also got 1 football, baseball and basketball too, since they were each like only $17.

ya, this is gonna make me finally post a pic. Photobucket.com still the best way? Ill sign up and post. also got 1 football, baseball and basketball too, since they were each like only $17.
can you post a link to the site
What's the quality like?
Im not a huge jersey guy, so Im no expert, but they seem pretty good to me. Maybe not perfect stitching, but I could never tell the diff. What gets me is things like the "NBA Store" tag on the Nash jersey, and all the other tags. These are just knock offs, but do they make it super authentic to allow me to gift to someone without them knowing? Am I supposed to believe this $17 Nash jersey is the same one as the nba stores $45 item?