Club De Hockey Canadien

congrats Habs fans, great drama in the end.a well deserved victory.Cool to see the Habs fans in the audience. I loved that sign about respecting 100 years of History.And is there anything sexier than a girl in a Habs jersey?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Fear the almighty Halak
I'm worried about him, and the USS Hal Gill, but at the same time, your defense didn't have to contend with anyone even remotely physical.Our biggest weapon in a 7-game series is our physical game. Guys like Cooke, Kunitz, etc, making an "investment" in the series trying to wear down the other team's defense. The Caps didn't bring any of that.

Not only is it hard to express, but it is even harder to measure how happy this win has made me.underdogs from the get go.no "expert" had us upsetting the Caps.Down 3-1.then boomshakalak, Yarolslav Halak is in the house.like 1035 saves on 1042 shots. It felt like their scoring touch disappeared and it frustrated them. PP going 1 for like 33 in the series, lol, best regular season PP doesn't mean much in the post season, the habs learned that not too long ago as well.Our shot blockers deserve so much credit, so does Gainey, he put a good team together. It took time to create a team bond, and injuries plagued the team, but some guys are stepping up huge for the playoffs. Gill, Gorges, Cammy, Yaro, and now PK. Great days lately. Green blew balls this series, Semin had 40 goal in the regular season hahahaha

Halak like 1035 saves on 1042 shots. Our shot blockers deserve so much credit,so does Gainey, he put a good team together. Green blew balls this series, Semin had 40 goal in the regular season hahahaha
made up number, yet sounds about right. YES! its how you win in the playoffs IMO. Team sacrifice.agree. glad it was mentioned.agree, those 2 are becoming the Thornton+Marleau of the East. No sacrifice in those 2, no extra effort.
I'm worried about him, and the USS Hal Gill, but at the same time, your defense didn't have to contend with anyone even remotely physical.Our biggest weapon in a 7-game series is our physical game. Guys like Cooke, Kunitz, etc, making an "investment" in the series trying to wear down the other team's defense. The Caps didn't bring any of that.
Very good point about the physical play, but I really think Montreal has a good shot, and its because of Halak vs Fleury. And Im putting more emphasis on the Fleury part, because I really disliked what I saw of him in the 2nd half of the year. That might be history now, but we shall see.
lol mcguire "it's not a dirty play cuz gionta's smaller"....wtf so that makes it ok to elbow a guy in the teeth?
Yeah, pretty awesome non-call by the refs. Since when is getting levelled by a forearm smash to the face OK in hockey?
SUCK IT OVIE
And this...

Just like to like to say that during my day with Team Slovakia Halak was a great guy. Nice to see him do really well even if he would not give me his Blocker and gloves that he had specially made for the games. He did sign one of my Olympic game pucks though. To bad I gave that one away to one of my friends.

Poor timing, but lets play the GM game.I just got hired as Tampa GM. Your you. (Lets face it, Im letting you live out a lifelong fantasy to be the Habs GM)I offer you Lecavalier for Price+Gomez. (Gomez is to help offset the salary costs)Interested?

Jeez, that's not a bad offer. Give me a 2nd and we have a deal. Gomez is a great 2nd line center, would fit in ok in Tampa.
yeah, nothing original on Vinnie for Price, but I thought of Gomez, and thought he made soooo much sense in that kind of trade. And he would really work well in Tampa, as he could finally be a true #2 centre. 4th rounder, maybe. Gomez could also blow up in our face! :club:
Poor timing, but lets play the GM game.I just got hired as Tampa GM. Your you. (Lets face it, Im letting you live out a lifelong fantasy to be the Habs GM)I offer you Lecavalier for Price+Gomez. (Gomez is to help offset the salary costs)Interested?
Not a chance.Price still has loads of potential and has very little bargaining power right now as a restricted free agent. Gomez and Lecavalier are very similar players. Not so much the "way" they play but more the "when" they play. Neither shows up every night, both can help win a game when they do and both are overpaid.I wouldn't make that trade at all because we'd be giving away a young goalie with loads of potential for nothing. IMO.
Not a chance.Price still has loads of potential and has very little bargaining power right now as a restricted free agent. Gomez and Lecavalier are very similar players. Not so much the "way" they play but more the "when" they play. Neither shows up every night, both can help win a game when they do and both are overpaid.I wouldn't make that trade at all because we'd be giving away a young goalie with loads of potential for nothing. IMO.
Do you not think Lecavalier has a much bigger upside than Gomez, and could get back to being a top 10 fwd like he was 2yrs ago?I think VL has a much bigger upside than Gomez, personally. I dont think they are all that similar.If the deal did not have Gomez, would you reconsider?And just out of curiousity, what are you expecting to get for Price?(just questions, not an argument, before you take it the wrong way!)

The problem with Price is that his current value is very little unless you factor in his potential and upside. I don't think GMs are willing to offer that much for potential because it's a bigger risk...unless they are sending potential back the other way...ex/draft pick or prospect for draft pick or prospect. As Montreal's GM I value Price more than other GMs.I'm also not sold on Lecavalier turning things around.

The problem with Price is that his current value is very little unless you factor in his potential and upside. I don't think GMs are willing to offer that much for potential because it's a bigger risk...unless they are sending potential back the other way...ex/draft pick or prospect for draft pick or prospect. As Montreal's GM I value Price more than other GMs.I'm also not sold on Lecavalier turning things around.
fair point on VL.The thing is, what are you gonna do with Price? Are you just gonna keep holding onto him, and hope he increases his value backing up Halak? Wont that mess with Halak's head, always having Price looking over his shoulder, and the constant who is the #1 popping up every time Halak has a bad game or two. I just think its gonna be hard for the Habs to wait on Price's value to go up, without hurting their current roster. This summer might be the ideal time to decide Halak is your guy, and make that clear to all.I think there are a handful of teams that should make every effort to get Price. Just not sure what the Habs' price is.