Club De Hockey Canadien

Did the refs "make" Montreal Lose? NODid a blown call or non-call lead to a huge Washington goal that turned momentum around? YESThe Knuble/goalie interference goal made the score 4-2 after two periods. It was a huge goal scored late in the second period. There is a big difference going into the third period up 4-1 against Washington than there is being up 4-2 with Washington scoring a late 2nd period goal. HUGE difference.Also, the combination of the weak penalty call on Hal Gil and the Missed highstick into Markov's face was frustrating as hell.
As a preface, I will say that I thought there were some questionable calls and non-calls in Washington's favour during this game.With that said, I don't think the second goal was goalie interference. Tomas Holmstrom wouldn't be in the NHL if that was goalie interference.I would have been more upset about the slow whistle on the Ovechkin goal to be honest.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

You guys ****ing suck. I hate you all. Obviously my hockey mind is by far superior to you baseball loving douche. I am quitting this forum. I am sure the HF boards are filled with great hockey minds who will agree with me on this injustice. Who comes on a Poker board to discuss Hockey anyway? I'll tell you who. Not me. I quit. **** you.[Edit] I'm bringing the Gold with me

You guys ****ing suck. I hate you all. Obviously my hockey mind is by far superior to you baseball loving douche. I am quitting this forum. I am sure the HF boards are filled with great hockey minds who will agree with me on this injustice. Who comes on a Poker board to discuss Hockey anyway? I'll tell you who. Not me. I quit. **** you.
This is soooooo 2009, who do you think you are? Me or Serge?
You guys ****ing suck. I hate you all. Obviously my hockey mind is by far superior to you baseball loving douche. I am quitting this forum. I am sure the HF boards are filled with great hockey minds who will agree with me on this injustice. Who comes on a Poker board to discuss Hockey anyway? I'll tell you who. Not me. I quit. **** you.[Edit] I'm bringing the Gold with me
awwwww, he's my Serge! :club: (just not sure if Im Dale/Chris/Zach/Steve/Fenxis/Bdc30/ajs510........)
I can live with this and its probably very accurate. But refs make errors all the time. I think it has something to do with being human.And it may even be possible that the Habs in their lifetime won a game where the momentum changed due to a lucky bounce or bad ref call. Shit happens.Great teams know how to get beyond that. Call me crazy, but I think a team thats up by 2 with 1 period left in a playoff game should maybe consider looking at why THEY lost and not WHO made them lose. At least Brent (bdc30) had the brains to question his team and wonder why they collapsed beyond a ref's call. (hmmm, maybe its cause he's a ref, and knows, SHIT happens!)Nasthak:If your gonna state that the refs are in on some kind of conspiracy to make sure that your team loses, then your gonna get called out by a HOCKEY fan who has to "troll" as you put it. Americans, and the NHL, arent out to get you or your Habs.And frankly, you have ruined my whole week by being a better troll than I was. Unfortunately, since you dont know me, you also dont know that I dont care about the Leafs. Troll or do whatever interwebing thing it is you crazy kids do. Im actually a Canes fan, so go on that thread, tell me how much they suck, and watch me run crying to my mommy. Just dont bring up game 2 of this year, where a ref called a high sticking against Eric Staal that I think turned around that whole game and we lost, and that turned around their whole season. I think it we dont lose that 2nd game, we keep winning at the start of the year, and now its us in first place in the East, and Montreal would be out of the playoffs...yeah, I think that was the whole difference.Steve:yes Is everyone else getting as big a laugh out of this as I am????? :club: ps: Im thinking of watching my first ever hockey game today. Any suggestions?
Obviously, I'm fully aware that the refs are human and make mistakes. I did not claim otherwise. I simply pointed out that I felt they blew a few calls that were very important. Obviously, leading 4-2 Montreal still had a chance to win but that second goal was a HUGE momentum changer. Also, are you claiming that I shouldn't get upset at the blown calls because call have gone Montreal's way in the past? That's beyond ridiculous. Also, i'm almost certain you're not accusing me of having no brains but the line referring to Brent certainly reads that way.
Obviously, I'm fully aware that the refs are human and make mistakes. I did not claim otherwise. I simply pointed out that I felt they blew a few calls that were very important. Obviously, leading 4-2 Montreal still had a chance to win but that second goal was a HUGE momentum changer. Also, are you claiming that I shouldn't get upset at the blown calls because call have gone Montreal's way in the past? That's beyond ridiculous. Also, i'm almost certain you're not accusing me of having no brains but the line referring to Brent certainly reads that way.
as I said, Im good with your analogy that the refs goofed, momentum changed, and sometimes teams lose because of some ref calls.If you believe the refs did so on purpose, then yes, sorry, Im gonna have to go with no brains. Otherwise, no, I was speaking to you on that line.just as an aside Dale, I try never to make it sound like I make "claims". Im usually just stating an opinion. To make a claim is to state things as facts. I dont get that serious about what I post here, and I think you should know by now, I usually stay out of the personal attack garbage. Or at the very least, try very hard to not get involved. I actually dont mind if people disagree with me. I like that this guy thinks there is some conspiracy against the Habs, perputated by the refs. Its comical, to me.Question to you. Are you not just as upset at your team for blowing that lead? Or are you willing to shift all/most of the blame to the calls?
as I said, Im good with your analogy that the refs goofed, momentum changed, and sometimes teams lose because of some ref calls.If you believe the refs did so on purpose, then yes, sorry, Im gonna have to go with no brains. Otherwise, no, I was speaking to you on that line.just as an aside Dale, I try never to make it sound like I make "claims". Im usually just stating an opinion. To make a claim is to state things as facts. I dont get that serious about what I post here, and I think you should know by now, I usually stay out of the personal attack garbage. Or at the very least, try very hard to not get involved. I actually dont mind if people disagree with me. I like that this guy thinks there is some conspiracy against the Habs, perputated by the refs. Its comical, to me.Question to you. Are you not just as upset at your team for blowing that lead? Or are you willing to shift all/most of the blame to the calls?
I was upset that Montreal was playing well and after that call they didn't play well. Refs' fault for blowing the call. Montreal's fault for letting it change the game.P.S. If I were playing for the Habs I would have said some very unfriendly things to the refs during the game. I also would have apologized after the game. Irish temper, but quick to get over it.
P.S. If I were playing for the Habs I would have said some very unfriendly things to the refs during the game. I also would have apologized after the game. Irish temper, but quick to get over it.
yeah, know what you mean.you should see me when I play my meaningless games. Im an ass to the refs, and end up going too far like once a month. Ref last week even said I was worse than his wife, always having to get the last word! (that one hurt)btw, the most comical part of all this.....Im rooting for the Habs, and I was pissed they lost last night! (pool/bets on Habs)
What is the story behind calling Plekanec Jagr?
When Pleks called out Theodore, Theodore replied by calling him Jagr, insinuating he didn't think he was as good as Jagr, or hadn't heard of him, or something, I dunno, but that's where it's from.
What is the story behind calling Plekanec Jagr?
At the beginning of the playoffs Plekanec made the comment about Theodore. Theodore fired back that Plekanec was no Jagr.Plekanec was caught suggesting that Jose Theodore, the Capitals starter in the series, is no Brodeur or Ryan Miller.True enough, to a point, but as Carey Price commented yesterday, Theo, like Hasek, has won a Hart Trophy.Upon hearing Plekanec's assessment, Theo, droll as ever, replied: "Tomas who? Jagr? Oh, Plekanec! I thought you said Jagr."
At the beginning of the playoffs Plekanec made the comment about Theodore. Theodore fired back that Plekanec was no Jagr.
aaa..I see..Well Theodore is no Theodore.. :club:
mother fker. that was ridiculous. Habs may very well not win another game in this series and after that shitbag display they probably don't deserve to. Thanks for nothing Halak.
The tying and winning goals were ordinary to say the least. Washington figured out that you have to go high on him. He's done. Mark it down.
draft_lens4322282module30184212photo_1240945743Babe-Ruths-Called-Shot.jpgsigh. nice effort boys.
i'm also offering 7-1 on the habs winning this series (to extend the sergeisms) if anyone's interested :club:
I'd need better odds. Habs are getting the shittier end of the stick from the refs.
BTW, were any of the goals on Halak scored up high?
nah none of what's happened tonight can be blamed on Halak. They're just a team that loses confidence in their goaltending at the drop of a hat. Price is really not a bad goalie, they've just played like shit in front of him 90% of the time and hung him out to dry. Same deal tonight with Jaro. It's too bad.