Shahmat Got Hacked On Full Tilt :(

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...part=1&vc=1Damn Sol, that is horrible. Watchout all you high BR players, seems like there is alot of account hacking going on lately.edit: shahmat not shamat. srry
that sucks, I am thinking about getting a separate computer just for online poker, and not installing any programs other than poker tracker and poker sites.

tha t blows big time! my condolences

topic on 2+2 says 40k
I saw it had said $40K but didn't realize where they got that number from...then I clicked on the high stakes report link. Nice double up.I guess I could have looked at the thread title too, but me not smrt.
that sucks, I am thinking about getting a separate computer just for online poker, and not installing any programs other than poker tracker and poker sites.
That's my plan for this summerOne school laptop and one poker laptopAlso this will keep the other one from interferring

Could it have been someone he knows? An ex-wife, cheating girlfriend or loser friend, perhaps? $40K is a lot of coin. Relationships/friendships have been compromised for far less. All it takes is one person knowing the login and passing that on to a third party. Just a thought.

It sounds like someone hacked his e-mail account, rather than knew, guessed or hacked his Full Tilt password. Then, they would be able to possibly see his registration details there. Or possibly request them, then delete the e-mail straight away. The actual e-mail address could have been obtained from a poker forum, for example.Just be careful of phishing e-mails, and be careful not to click on any links in e-mails unless you are 100% sure they are genuine. People have their PayPal, Ebay, bank accounts etc hacked all the time through this method.There are also many hacking services available, and the methods they use for obtaining e-mail passwords are very simple if you are not looking out for it. Firewalls, Virus software, spy/adware removal etc etc count for very little in these cases.People always seem to immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be a very sophisticated keylogger, some highly advanced trojan, or a top hacker who has spent hours and hours getting through FT's security to obtain vital security information.... 95% of the time it's simply not. It's the quickest and easiest method which the hacker has usually taken.

That sucks Sol, I agree someone probably hacked your email as that's the easiest way to get your password mailed to you and that's really all a scammer needs. I feel bad because I actually saw you in the 3:00 ftp 150 sometime last week and you didn't respond to my hi and whoever was on your account was playing so bad, I should have said something on your website. sorry :club: lesson for others is make sure your email password is hard to guess and use a safe email server for your poker accounts

He should gather a list of all the names that won big pots off of him, then maybe look through thecashdb.com and see if any of those people don't look like they regularily play those limits. Then find out which of those people are from somewhere other than the US. Although it's not guaranteed since lots of people could just be taking a shot out of their br, but it could narrow it down.

It sounds like someone hacked his e-mail account, rather than knew, guessed or hacked his Full Tilt password. Then, they would be able to possibly see his registration details there. Or possibly request them, then delete the e-mail straight away. The actual e-mail address could have been obtained from a poker forum, for example.
My thoughts exactly. The hacker/cracker definitely have some knowledge about the poker sites. Still, I don't understand the cracker's motive other than the fact that he dislikes Sol or he is just a psycho.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, alot of poker stuff has been pretty rough the past while, guess its something to learn from. Wish full contact had some of the bigger games, full contact has always been so good in general.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, alot of poker stuff has been pretty rough the past while, guess its something to learn from. Wish full contact had some of the bigger games, full contact has always been so good in general.
I'm so sorry that happened man. I'm trying to think from a technical standpoint how that happened. I'll PM you to see if I can be of help.

I love the idea of having two computers, especially for the college guys out there ... I'm sure it's very tempting to blow off a paper and play online instead.I have always had a separate e-mail account for online poker sign-ups that I don't use for ANYTHING else. Have never sent a personal e-mail from that account, and never will. I think the only people who have access to that address at all are online gambling sites.

I love the idea of having two computers, especially for the college guys out there ... I'm sure it's very tempting to blow off a paper and play online instead.I have always had a separate e-mail account for online poker sign-ups that I don't use for ANYTHING else. Have never sent a personal e-mail from that account, and never will. I think the only people who have access to that address at all are online gambling sites.
thats a good idea, i use mine for EVERYTHING, I should setup something separate.

were you the one playing sbrugby for just a few hands/stacking him on the 200/400 NL then leaving right away or was that the hacker ? (shahmat account but you may have not been playing)if it wasn't you it might be good to tell sbrugby, as sometime in the future hopefully you can play those stakes. then again most of the guys playing high NL browse 2+2 anyways and this asshat probably lost back the money to him/everyone anyway.man what a nightmare.

were you the one playing sbrugby for just a few hands/stacking him on the 200/400 NL then leaving right away or was that the hacker ? (shahmat account but you may have not been playing)if it wasn't you it might be good to tell sbrugby, as sometime in the future hopefully you can play those stakes. then again most of the guys playing high NL browse 2+2 anyways and this asshat probably lost back the money to him/everyone anyway.man what a nightmare.
It definitely wasn't me, ya I think at one point he actually ran that account up, I'd be interested to see how high he got it before losing it all. Really need the hand histories to tell.sol.
It definitely wasn't me, ya I think at one point he actually ran that account up, I'd be interested to see how high he got it before losing it all. Really need the hand histories to tell.sol.
Have you sorted out a lawyer yet? tbh, as nice and sympathetic this forum (and 2+2) has been to you, maybe you need to be seeking more professional guidance.Just a thought. Maybe you have, but if anything can be salvaged, you CAN'T waste time. It's $40k man, I really hope you have sought legal advice.