Shahmat Got Hacked On Full Tilt :(

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...part=1&vc=1Damn Sol, that is horrible. Watchout all you high BR players, seems like there is alot of account hacking going on lately.edit: shahmat not shamat. srry
That completely sucks. So the guy didn't try to withdraw the funds? Just lost it all to someone? Should be able to track the hand history somehow if he was chip dumping to someone. I hope they can Sol.
Have you sorted out a lawyer yet? tbh, as nice and sympathetic this forum (and 2+2) has been to you, maybe you need to be seeking more professional guidance.Just a thought. Maybe you have, but if anything can be salvaged, you CAN'T waste time. It's $40k man, I really hope you have sought legal advice.
I don't think legally he has any recourse. And, Sol, that sucks. There really is no other way to put it. That must be sort of like that night when I lost my bankroll on one hand and then peed myself a little. I said a little. It wasn't a full on self- pissing, just a little squirt. It was a rough moment.

OMG Sol that's aweful. Holy crap. I'm so sorry that happened to you.If I were you I'd get all the info I could from FT then take your computer and that information to someone who really knows computers. Maybe even a private detective with special skills in that area. $40k is worth fighting for. I hope you catch the *******.

This thread got me thinking a bit, I've been pretty sloppy with changing passwords on the 5-6 sites that I use.I'm thinking of putting together a spreadsheet with a random assortment of more complex passwords that I can cycle through on a weekly/monthly basis. Bit like a RNG but for passwords...Anyone do anything similar or have a system for changing passwords on a regular basis? I'm not a high limit player by any means, but I've put in a lot of hours online and would be hearbroken to see my efforts wasted by some scumbag hacker.

This thread got me thinking a bit, I've been pretty sloppy with changing passwords on the 5-6 sites that I use.I'm thinking of putting together a spreadsheet with a random assortment of more complex passwords that I can cycle through on a weekly/monthly basis. Bit like a RNG but for passwords...Anyone do anything similar or have a system for changing passwords on a regular basis? I'm not a high limit player by any means, but I've put in a lot of hours online and would be hearbroken to see my efforts wasted by some scumbag hacker.
I randomly generated a password and came up with "password" ... what're the odds?
I randomly generated a password and came up with "password" ... what're the odds?
lol. You might do well as a hacker, there's so many companies out there who just have 'password' for their password in the login screens.

having 2 computers is not the solution. These hackers are using your email address or knowing your user name they are just trying different passwords in hacking into someones account. Having 2 computers one strictly for poker does not make you any more secure than someone using one computer.Best thing to do is have an email that no one but the poker company knows with a password like 343840jehfiewh something like that would be difficult to hack, than your poker password should be just as random. Also changing it once a week is well worth it. There is no internet police and since this guy is smart and dumped it off to many people its hard to trace.Heres my advice get FT to check all players that money was dumped to, if all of a sudden a guy that plays 1-2 nl is playing 200-400 that can be the culprit right there. Also he dumped to many players on purpose so FT can't suspect who it is. CHeck which tables were played and if any of the players were new or any moved up from low stakes to higher stakes just for him.

I don't think legally he has any recourse.
No offense, but you simply don't know if this is true.If it was me, I'd like to know whether FT are legally obliged to release the IP addresses which the hacker(s) used. Obv, if they have any sense, they would have been using proxies, but again, we don't know this.One e-mail to FT, and them basically replying 'sorry, there's nothing we can do' would not be enough for me.

To the best of anyones knowledge have any of these hackers been able to actually recover any of the funds from the accounts they're hacking? I dont see the point of someone hacking a players account with no real plan to benefit themselfs. Sucks for ya shamat. sorry to hear bro. Hopefully something can be done.

To the OP my simpathies for what happened. To all the f ucking poker sites out there how many times does this have to happen before they do something about this. You have a player who plays consistantly from one IP or range of IP's then all of a sudden their playing from a different range of IP's in a different country. This should be bringing up red flags all over the place. It's wouldn't be very difficult to implement this, and the peace of mind this would bring would be huge.