Jamie Gold Apologizes On Rawvegas

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=de5db...fd56a76aaf842d4Interesting video from Jamie Gold ... what do you think, do you believe him? I think there has been some growth here and he does legitimately feel bad about how he handled himself for the last year, but I'm still pretty hesitant to give him full credit. He seems so calculating generally, that this could very easily be part of it. Hard to make up for how many things he's said and done in the last year with one five-minute video.

Eh, he seems like a relatively shady dude, but I challenge anyone not to freak out a little after winning the WSOP and $12 million ($6 million). Whatever. I'm glad he's trying to clear the air and all, but I don't think many people actually care at this point.

its called spin....his pr ppl are telling him hes coming off like a dikkk so he needs to " come clean" ...he is/was/will always be/a prick
who cares if he comes off like a dikkk, he's got 12 MILLION.... Even if he's lost half.... that's 6 Million..... Put that in a 3.5% bond or something and you'd get $200K+ a year... I'd be a prik too.

obv Im not holding my breath but, I am one for giving people second chances but, he will need to go out of his way to be good for poker. He will really have to make amends on a large scale. For the sake of poker I hope he does it.

who cares if he comes off like a dikkk, he's got 12 MILLION.... Even if he's lost half.... that's 6 Million..... Put that in a 3.5% bond or something and you'd get $200K+ a year... I'd be a prik too.
Yeah, that's definitely how I'd invest $6 million...
Yeah, that's definitely how I'd invest $6 million...
Depends how risk averse you are obviously.Since this is a poker forum, chances are the answer is "not at all" so of course you wouldn't all."all on black" is a more likely investment strategy :club:
I couldn't live on 200K a year
I'm just saying, if you're happy with a 3.5% return (inflation is a b*tch), then you should re-evaluate your financial goals.
Well then, share with us your secret o' wise one....

Where is it written that winning the WSOP means you have to be an ambassador for poker? I don't think he has a responsibility to me, you, the WSOP, Harrah's, or poker. The WSOP is not Miss America.Yeah, it would be nice to have the winner be some one we could hold up as a quality representive of the game, but, It'd be nice if I won the lottery, too.

he got launched into stardom, no wonder he had trouble dealing with the pressure, I would. He seems to have his head on staight now, good for him, i respect a person who owns up for his mistakes.

"Well then, share with us your secret o' wise one.... "Well for starters it ain't that hard to get better then 3.5 percent....I have my liquid cash waiting for the right investment sitting in a local bank money market getting 4.5 percent...that isn't even the best rate around locally, I am just to lazy to shop for a .5 point on the short term. At least I hope it is short term, waiting for the real estate market to crash a bit on the Jersey shore and buy a place on the beach!!In case you were wondering money markets aren't investments...they are parking stations but still beat your expectations.Piece of advice…don’t do your own investment portfolio LOLYo Balloon Guy you are doing quite well if you can’t get by on 200k…it may cramp a few of my bad habits but at least I could get by.

I'm just saying, if you're happy with a 3.5% return (inflation is a b*tch), then you should re-evaluate your financial goals.
Well then, share with us your secret o' wise one....
You'd seriously have to try hard to get as low as 3.5% these days. 2 year T-Notes are 4.8% at the moment - and they have basically the exact same risk level as cash (assuming your cash is in US dollars).

I get that he was thrown into all this stardom etc. but I believe that intelligent people handle things thrown at them intelligently and non intelligent people handle things, well, non-intelligently. You tell me which category best fits him.Now, I understand that people make mistakes and what not but I felt that Jamie was simply being himself. :club:

I'd be slightly more impressed if he made these apologies BEFORE Bodog gave him the boot. I think he finally woke up and realized that his image must really suck.

I'd be slightly more impressed if he made these apologies BEFORE Bodog gave him the boot. I think he finally woke up and realized that his image must really suck.
I agree with you there ... especially because it was BODOG, of all places. I think Stars or Full Tilt would have canned his *** months earlier.

I'm thinking the 3.5 is a referance to tax free muni bonds, although really the rates closer to 4. 200 to 250K completely tax free a year. That's good cash. Plus you've got the principal protected.Richard Pryor: 'smoke the interest man'.

I'm thinking the 3.5 is a referance to tax free muni bonds, although really the rates closer to 4. 200 to 250K completely tax free a year. That's good cash. Plus you've got the principal protected.Richard Pryor: 'smoke the interest man'.
NEVER TOUCH THE PRINCIPAL!
"Yo Balloon Guy you are doing quite well if you can’t get by on 200k…it may cramp a few of my bad habits but at least I could get by.
I'm kidding, I could get by on 200K, I'd just have to change a few things like vacations, tipping valet, kids inheritance. etc.

wow let me ask this question how do you handle a 5 ton bag of chit and a hooker with the drip. I love the game hell its most of my income the question of donkey has been brought up by me, of all the people that have won since varconi to the present. I could not imagine what it would be like to be in a public well know image on the fact of being in the john draining your leg and you have people asking for a photo or signature{john as an example}Vegas has tried very very hard to overcome the old image and be know as a family tourist trap instead as an adults only play ground. Now this person has been thrust into the major lights and the microscope of the public and took a giant fat steamer on the game of poker because he decided he was not going to pay.He will never have respect' or get respect and to try and save his hide is saying that he sucks and got lucky and won it all.Its all about image and he should of known from his supposed line of work. I question everything that he states and just cant believe that hey i won 6 million and i want to be the azzhole in public. I just stupefies me that he is casting an image that he does not even want to be associated the title and does care at all for any of it. Jamie was in it for the money and thats it no more no less. I have tried hard to keep this clean an P.C. correct but lets face it his opinion's F it all and F you and F the poker world

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=de5db...fd56a76aaf842d4Interesting video from Jamie Gold ... what do you think, do you believe him? I think there has been some growth here and he does legitimately feel bad about how he handled himself for the last year, but I'm still pretty hesitant to give him full credit. He seems so calculating generally, that this could very easily be part of it. Hard to make up for how many things he's said and done in the last year with one five-minute video.
I don't know if anyone else has said this, but who cares?