I Got Punched At The Poker Table

Playing in a local 1/2nl game that I had played in a few times but only know a few players at. Long story short I'm HU in a pot and river the nut straight...villain bets out of turn $10 into a very small pot of like $20 or so...so I see both an opportunity to get an extra bet or so and teach him not to bet out of turn so I check...he throws his $10 back in the pot and I c/r immediately to $25....he stands up...throws his $15 in and goes "there...you got an extra effin bet out of me.." so I table the straight and say "an extra one and a half bets actually" and the table erupts in laughter...next thing I know I feel like someone whacked me in the face with a frying pan and I come to after a few seconds and people are restraining him...pseudo funny I guess...at least my wisdom teeth extraction next week got an early loosening. He was told never to come back and I'm still sore. GG c/r'ing the river.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing in a local 1/2nl game that I had played in a few times but only know a few players at. Long story short I'm HU in a pot and river the nut straight...villain bets out of turn $10 into a very small pot of like $20 or so...so I see both an opportunity to get an extra bet or so and teach him not to bet out of turn so I check...he throws his $10 back in the pot and I c/r immediately to $25....he stands up...throws his $15 in and goes "there...you got an extra effin bet out of me.." so I table the straight and say "an extra one and a half bets actually" and the table erupts in laughter...next thing I know I feel like someone whacked me in the face with a frying pan and I come to after a few seconds and people are restraining him...pseudo funny I guess...at least my wisdom teeth extraction next week got an early loosening. He was told never to come back and I'm still sore. GG c/r'ing the river.
AHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHA AHHAHAHA AHAHHAHA AHAHAH AHAH AH AH AHHHHHHH AHHA HAH HEHHH HAW HEHE HEHHH HAWWW HEH HEAHA
+1 YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FAK OUT....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh nice hand!... :icon_dance::club::D:D:D:D:):):):icon_dance::icon_dance::icon_dance::icon_dance:
Isn't there a fake.....nevermind.Anyway, sue him for millions and get rich the lazy mans way?

Ya got blind sided, just keep an eye on the goon the next time and read them a bit more.

Little bit of a misread. I agree with the check raise, but next time keep an eye out for the punch...

I don't think the ch/r was what made the guy punch him, it was the smart *** comment the OP made.It was stupid to rub it in, the guy was obviously a bit mad so why the **** rub it in ?

Funny, I wanted punch a guy yesterday when he called a string bet on me when he wasn't even in the hand. Later on I bluffed him out of a big pot and then showed him. And I told him that was payback for the string bet. He was so pissed.

Why make the check-raise? If he bet out of turn then his $10 has to stay anyways. If you just bet out $25 he has to put $15 more to call or he can fold and leave the $10. I understand if there are more players to act after him because then they might call his bet before you raise and you make more money, but in a heads up situation I don't see the point. Also, if you just bet out $25 maybe you get lucky and he decides to raise. When you do your check-raise move just because you know he's betting $10 he's not very likely to wanna re-raise you. Maybe I'm wrong, thats just my opinion. Nice hand!