Official Yankees 07 Thread

Its sad to see that Phil Rizzuto passed away todayI was @ Old Timers Day this year and it was pretty obvious he was in bad health becasue he was almost always out there but instead he just sent a message

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its sad to see that Phil Rizzuto passed away todayI was @ Old Timers Day this year and it was pretty obvious he was in bad health becasue he was almost always out there but instead he just sent a message
Yeah...he's an inspiration to all small guys like me. He was underrated and deserved to be in the Hall much quicker. He will be greatly missed.
Hope you don't mind I stole your sig pic I was missing the scooter and I thought it was great.In other news this game is making me sick Duncan hits a game tying dinger and Mo comes out and gives up 3 runs in the 10th wtf. And the sox lost today big missed opportunity if we dont win this one.
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay I know the sweep just finished but just for arguments sake let me throw this out there: With 28 games remaining and 3 vs. the Sux, lets presuppose another sweep, that leaves 2 games left behind in the win column to make up for. In the other 25 remaining games, that seems doable. Thoughts? A more reasonable scenario however, is making up only 1 game, winning 2 of 3. Leaving 4 games to make up elsewhere. That seems like a very difficult prospect in 25 games.

I don't think they'll catch the Sox. However, I do believe that they will win the Wild Card. Seattle isn't that good outside of their bullpen.

I don't think they'll catch the Sox. However, I do believe that they will win the Wild Card. Seattle isn't that good outside of their bullpen.
that was a good game today, and Clemens hurt his elbow. lol
  • 2 weeks later...
DEREK JETER!!!!!!!!THREE RUN HOMER!!!!!!!That at bat was a work of art.
That was great!They are playing so good right now, unlike in past years were they would die off come Sept.

I could not believe that they managed to come back in the 9th last night. It's really too bad that they lost. They've blown my two favorite 9th inning comebacks so far (this one and Shelly Duncan's).

• 1 month later...
Why are you guys writing them off? They'll still have the largest payroll, why will they suck? I mean they do suck in general as a team, but I think they'll contend for sure.
havent you learned over the last 7-ish years that that doesnt mean a whole lot???

And I'm not sure they will have the largest payroll. Losing Alex is 27M off the books, losing Clemens is another 17 I think it was, the remote possibility of losing Posada and/or Rivera and/or Pettitte. All those guys together made almost $85 M last year. Granted, Texas was paying some of Alex's contract, so New York paid almost $80 million to those 5 guys. Throw in the fact that there is no doubt that Boston's payroll is jumping up yet again.

and I'm praying to all this is holy that they don't pick up the 18 million dollar Abreu option.Boston should surpass us this year, I'm hoping. I'd like to move down that list for once.Giambi and Moose are off the books next year, but we'll have to start paying Cano soon.

Why are you guys writing them off? They'll still have the largest payroll, why will they suck? I mean they do suck in general as a team, but I think they'll contend for sure.
It depends a lot on what happens to their recently turned free agents. If Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, etc...end up leaving they've got a lot of holes to fill. Even if they come back, they won't necessarily perform at the same level this year (goes triple for Posada). Given the talent that's out there it will be difficult to make up for losing them and ARod. Money's less of an advantage if there's nothing to spend it on.I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston's payroll go down this offseason. A lot is coming off the books and the necessity to spend more isn't there. The Red Sox have very few holes to fill....basically Lowell and Schilling. Anybody they get (Lowell and Schilling included) will cost less than the 22 million they're already paying them plus the 9 million from Clement. It seems like they're projecting to about 140 million for next year compared to what, 160 this year? Of course, I don't have insight into the front office....maybe they make a run at ARod and leapfrog the Yankees.