• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I'm grinding all night tonight. It hasn't started good, I'm stuck at least 3bi right now. Gogogogogogo robusto!I still need a 119.5 transfer.I want FT/PSI'll ship AP/UBI will not scam you

I'm grinding all night tonight. It hasn't started good, I'm stuck at least 3bi right now. Gogogogogogo robusto!I still need a 119.5 transfer.I want FT/PSI'll ship AP/UBI will not scam you
I don't think it's you the people are worried about :club:
I'm most likely playing the $340 tomorrow.
Sigh. Felt like I played great. Had 24K at 400/800, raise to 2K in MP with AA, button goes all in for 28K with KK. Turn K. GG me.Huge turnout. 1005 entries. $65K to the winner. Not bad for a $340.
damnit. x-posted from other thread.
Checking this flop is alot better then bet/folding because we are likely WA/WB on the flop and checking shows weakness which allows us to check call for value. It also balances our range since if we had KK QQ TT on this flop we would take the same line. This is also a good line because if we were 100 BB deep in a 3 bet pot we could get our stacks in on 2 streets anyway. If we dont get our 175BB stack in through 2 streets that is fine since 2 pair isnt that strong of a hand (being so deep).I dont think bet folding is a good line here at this level because if allows our opponent to play perfect poker (fold worse hands , raise better hands).It is a good flop, however if you look at the hands that would call a raise on this flop in a 3 bet flop (what hands would he flat to a 3 bet) you suddenly see why we are being conservative.The min 3 bet on the river seems to me like a Phil Helmuth play. Betting enough that we have to call because of the odds but we are never good. Folding is my play but calling isnt the worse mistake.my AIM is FCPaustralia, I like aussiedonk and SlapStick as posters and I wouldnt mind having you guys on my contact lists.
Yeah mate when I get AIM I will add you or whatever it is I am supposed to do.Re this hand - I disagree that he folds all worse hands. He is never folding an A, some rando pairs, maybe he just floats sometimes. More generally, a lot of ppl in this thread tend to say that they would check KK/QQ/1010 on this type of flop. I really don't understand the logic behind this. If you have QQ I assume you check/call flop, What do you do when he barrels turn? When he barrels river? As you say checking loooks weak, but when we have KK/QQ/1010 it doesn't allow us to confidently check call for value. Can't we get KK to showdown a lot cheaper against a range that includes a bunch of A10 type hands by betting the flop? I mean I understand that if we are balancing our range by check calling AK on this flop then an observant villain won't always try to blow us off our hand, but don't we have a genuinely weak hand a lot more often than we have AK? And aren't we paying a pretty high price for balancing our range with the AK (ie the lost value against A10, etc). Also what about balancing our range against the times we have 47dd and want to c-bet this flop?

So it turns out someone else has been writing an opensource tracking program.They appear further along than me so I might help them out rather than continuing on my own. We'll see.Happy Days?Edit: No, it's pretty ugly/amateurish, Maybe I'll keep watching but and help out but work on my own seperately

The highlight of my day:I am going to meet my friend Jason at the Mirage to play Baccarat. I get a text from Tre, which says (paraphrased): "So sick, I almost just lost the bet."He then goes on to explain that he was at his brother in law's place or something like that, and there was a bunch of pizza ordered from a place called "Pat's Pizza" and he was about to dig in, when he decided he better check just in case. It turns out there are 55 franchises of Pat's Pizza along the east coast, which would've violated the rule we made that there cannot be more than 50 locations of a place or it is off limits.LOL @ him almost accidentally losing the bet. Hooray for honesty!

Question for you two: Would a homemade "baconator" or any (other fast food burger/taco whatever) violate the rules of your bet? I know it's mainly to get the fast food out of your system, but it seems like a sleazeball way to avoid fast food while still getting your fix. I know you're only cheating yourselves if you do it, but just wondering if it was a thought.

The highlight of my day:I am going to meet my friend Jason at the Mirage to play Baccarat. I get a text from Tre, which says (paraphrased): "So sick, I almost just lost the bet."He then goes on to explain that he was at his brother in law's place or something like that, and there was a bunch of pizza ordered from a place called "Pat's Pizza" and he was about to dig in, when he decided he better check just in case. It turns out there are 55 franchises of Pat's Pizza along the east coast, which would've violated the rule we made that there cannot be more than 50 locations of a place or it is off limits.LOL @ him almost accidentally losing the bet. Hooray for honesty!
Bwahahhahahahahaha!Awesome
of all the weird things to do in vegas....

200 hands in and i already want to stab myself. Strongly considering entering the dark world of donkaments tomorrow.

LOOOOL check out my blog for the details, I just updated it
Question for you two: Would a homemade "baconator" or any (other fast food burger/taco whatever) violate the rules of your bet? I know it's mainly to get the fast food out of your system, but it seems like a sleazeball way to avoid fast food while still getting your fix. I know you're only cheating yourselves if you do it, but just wondering if it was a thought.
No this would not violate the rules of the bet as long as the items are not purchased from the restaurants. I also clarified with Matt that we are allowed to eat the TGIFridays meals from the grocery store and other similar items. The first rule of the bet clearly states that only restaurants are excluded not types of food. I plan on trying to cook some of my favorite restaurant dishes at home for fun during the year.
We have Pat's Pizza here too... seems crazy to think they're connected though.
I think they are different.. here is the one thats around here:http://www.patsfamilyrestaurant.com/They only list Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland

Strat/Theory QuestionI feel like im getting 3bet a lot lately which I feel like I deal with pretty well except when I have semi good hands. Here is a hand to explain what I mean. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopMP ($152.55)Hero (Button) ($136.45)SB ($118)BB ($232.10)UTG ($59.35)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10spade.gif, 10heart.gif2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB raises to $12, 1 fold, Hero raises to $27, 1 foldTotal pot: $25 | Rake: $0So normally when im in position my standard play is to flat here and play post flop. But I feel like when I have hands like 99-JJ losing a lot of value b.c. I end up folding to a lot of cbets when overcards flop or calling down when I flop an over pair and losing. So what I have been trying out recently is 4betting small preflop and folding if my opponent shoves or 5bets. My thinking behind the play is that I can win the hand pre pretty cheap and If im beat I can get out semi cheap rather safe flop. I feel like this is a bad way to look at the hand b.c. im basically allow the villian to play perfect and fold all worse and shove all better. So my question is, is this a bad outlook on the hand? and how else can I attack these marginal spots

Re this hand - I disagree that he folds all worse hands. He is never folding an A, some rando pairs, maybe he just floats sometimes. More generally, a lot of ppl in this thread tend to say that they would check KK/QQ/1010 on this type of flop. I really don't understand the logic behind this. If you have QQ I assume you check/call flop, What do you do when he barrels turn? When he barrels river? As you say checking loooks weak, but when we have KK/QQ/1010 it doesn't allow us to confidently check call for value. Can't we get KK to showdown a lot cheaper against a range that includes a bunch of A10 type hands by betting the flop? I mean I understand that if we are balancing our range by check calling AK on this flop then an observant villain won't always try to blow us off our hand, but don't we have a genuinely weak hand a lot more often than we have AK? And aren't we paying a pretty high price for balancing our range with the AK (ie the lost value against A10, etc). Also what about balancing our range against the times we have 47dd and want to c-bet this flop?
I agree that he wont fold AT to this one bet however how often is he going to be flatting a 3 bet with AT preflop. We might be able to get to a cheaper showdown by betting KK, QQ, TT however why would I want to see a showdown if I never get called by worse hands taking this line.While we should be betting some strong hands as well so we can bluff at this flop (paired board= fun to bluff), Most of our 3 bet range oop should smack this flop in the face.Most of the time we are not losing any value with AK taking this line since it only takes two bets to get a 100BB stack in after the flop in a 3 bet pot and we are just choosing the turn and river to make those bets and not the flop and turn. This hand is slightly different since we are deeper. I dont see him having AT often and see him stacking off with >100bb stacks even less so I dont think we are paying as high a price as you think.

So I intend on posting more hands here so that I can plug the many leaks I have in my game. I hope that's not a problem with anyone.If people could explain their reasoning, that would be great, too.I'm currently on my Mac, so have no HUD, but the villain in this hand keeps complaining about how bad he runs...Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :club::4h UTG calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.1, 2 folds, UTG calls.Flop: :ts:5c:qh ($2.55, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.Okay, on a board this low I decided to check behind as I'd expect people to check/raise this as a bluff a large percentage of the time, and I'd prefer to just take the free card. Turn: :3h ($2.55, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, UTG calls.I think a delayed c-bet here works better as it looks a lot stronger than betting the flop, and when he checks the turn I know his range has got to be pretty weak.River: :D ($7.05, 2 players)UTG bets $3.77, Hero calls.No idea why I flatted. I'm a ridiculous nit. If you raise, which I'm assuming you would, how much do you make it, and do we call a shove?