New Challenge (old Challenge)

Is this why you guys like heads up so much?Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$22 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with :ts:3h SB calls, Hero raises to $8, SB calls.Flop: :D:5c:D ($16, 2 players)Hero bets $12, SB raises to $52, Hero raises to $172, SB raises all-in $173.25, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($362.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $362.5)River: :4h ($362.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $362.5)Results:Final pot: $362.5Villain had :club::D

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I am doing an AWFUL job grinding. When I play, I'll play 1-2 hours max of 1-2 tables of 400PLO, and while my reads are definitely better and I'm learning faster than if I played a ton of tables, I feel lame for not making the ridic. numbers people post. + I'm sick :club:

Also, here are the results of that hand. I dunno, it's a really gross spot. If I think if he could fold that deep if the board pairs then I think I might be more likely to raise the flop. Thank god for the club river.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($721.05)UTG ($190)Hero ($461.75)CO ($130.95)Button ($200)SB ($218.80)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9spade.gif, 9diamond.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, CO calls $8, 2 folds, BB calls $6.Flop: ($25) 9club.gif, Jclub.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $18, CO folds, BB raises to $36, Hero calls $18.Turn: ($97) 5diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $122, Hero calls $122.River: ($341) 7club.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: $341Results in white below: BB has Qd Th (straight, queen high). Hero has 9s 9d (three of a kind, nines). Outcome: BB wins $341.
Since he's betting over pot on the turn he's v likely trying to price you off a flush draw, so if you call the turn you might wanna consider a flush card as bluffing outs.
Since he's betting over pot on the turn he's v likely trying to price you off a flush draw, so if you call the turn you might wanna consider a flush card as bluffing outs.
Please tell me you are joking that you think this monkey is ever folding a straight here. You did see the other hand I had against him right?Edit: I guess I should be more clear. The way I make money off 50/14's is because they have an inability to fold. I'm certainly never trying to get them to fold a straight. Even if there were 4 to a suit on the board. Never. Ever.Double Edit: That graph you saw earlier. Even including this hand, at least 500 came from this guy.
Please tell me you are joking that you think this monkey is ever folding a straight here. You did see the other hand I had against him right?Edit: I guess I should be more clear. The way I make money off 50/14's is because they have an inability to fold. I'm certainly never trying to get them to fold a straight. Even if there were 4 to a suit on the board. Never. Ever.
nah, i don't read all the posts. just saw the hand and figured the river would be a good spot to bluff

I just owned some dude's soul at 2/5 live at the MGM tonight.I have Ah 4h in the CO and raise to 30 after 2 limpers.BB is a 40ish year old guy that has been splashing around some. He's definitely not afraid to move his money around and he's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar once or twice but not really anything extremely noticeable. He seemed to be the type of guy that was sick of the young online players raising often as he had already limp reraised my friend's EP raise to 100 (from 25 after a caller) with ATo and showed. I had been pretty nitty throughout the night but just had won around 3 out of the last 5 or 6 hands with only one shown down. I was fairly certain he was going to raise me light.BB ends up raising to 85 and it folds to me, and I choose to defend, ready to make a play if need be.Flop comes Q 9 3 rainbow.He checks fairly fast, as if he had hoped I would fold preflop, and I'm now pretty certain he missed this flop. I fire 115 in an effort to just take it down and he thinks for around 5-10 seconds and calls. At this point, I'm not entirely sure what to think, but I'm fairly certain he does not have a big hand here.Turn is another 9 and he checks, and I check back pretty quickly.River is a complete blank, an offsuit 6 I believe. Dude announces 200 pretty quickly. At this point, I was pretty certain he didn't have much of a hand, but I also felt like he was capable of bluffing something like AJ/AT (maybe even A8), without realizing he had the best hand.I tanked for about 3 minutes, changing my mind about calling like 10 times. Eventually I decided he had something that looked a lot like KT/KJ and I finally just went with my gut and looked him up. He instantly announces King high. I stand up fast, fist pump, and table my hand. Ship the 800+ pot with A high. Half the table stands up in disbelief and the kid to my right (probably not much older than I was) just gives me this incredulous "holy shit" stare.

I had 950 behind, he had around 650 I think (at the start of the hand that is).
Ah, I was wondering if you were deeper if you could have raised to take him off his non pair ace high hands that have you outkicked.

Well, first day back on full tilt since they decided to give me rakeback. Man, is it just me or are there a ton of regs at .25/.50 and .50/1 now? I'm not saying they're good, just seemed to be a buncha guys sitting with full buyins and playing a few tables. Maybe someone who has been playing the games regularly could PM me with some info on these games now. But ya, day went pretty well. Missed about 400 hands and 2 1/2 buyins on the graph due to not having the Save HH checkbox selected. graphAug15.jpg