New Challenge (old Challenge)

Since I have been lurking in the forum for months, I finally decided to stop being lazy and sign up. And because most of my lurking has happened in this thread, i figured it was only appropriate to hijack and say my hellos here.Anyways, quick history about me - used to beat the 2/4 limit tables on Party pretty decently, then after taking some time off, made the switch to NLHE where I am doing my best to learn the intricacies of the game while playing on PS. Began my own challenge at the beginning of this month of turning $250 into, well, more. (I just realized I don't have a quantifiable goal.... hmmmm....need one of those.....lol) So, currently I'm hovering around 1k, doing ok so far.It has been a pleasure following everyone's adventures, I have been learning a lot, and I finally wanted to get in on the fun, so I'll try not to donk it up too much!
Woot! hey Bob!(Bob is a rl friend of mine btw)Mark
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Since I have been lurking in the forum for months, I finally decided to stop being lazy and sign up. And because most of my lurking has happened in this thread, i figured it was only appropriate to hijack and say my hellos here.Anyways, quick history about me - used to beat the 2/4 limit tables on Party pretty decently, then after taking some time off, made the switch to NLHE where I am doing my best to learn the intricacies of the game while playing on PS. Began my own challenge at the beginning of this month of turning $250 into, well, more. (I just realized I don't have a quantifiable goal.... hmmmm....need one of those.....lol) So, currently I'm hovering around 1k, doing ok so far.It has been a pleasure following everyone's adventures, I have been learning a lot, and I finally wanted to get in on the fun, so I'll try not to donk it up too much!
Can I catch you and sell you to red lobster?PS. I don't like the name Bob, so I'm gonna call you Pinchy.
Welcome!!Hhhhm, the sig, the lobster, me from Maine, I like!

everytime someone does these to me they have the nuts. Is this an easy fold? I used up all of the time bank before decidingi had no read on him, and i think i should have folded on the turn. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($22.65)SB ($24)BB ($30.10)UTG ($23.60)MP ($22.90)Bellairedrew ($28.20)Preflop: Bellairedrew is CO with 5club.gif, 7club.gif. UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Bellairedrew calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 folds.Flop: ($2.60) 2diamond.gif, Qclub.gif, Aclub.gif(3 players)UTG bets $1, Bellairedrew calls $1, Button folds.Turn: ($4.60) Aheart.gif(2 players)UTG bets $2.5, Bellairedrew calls $2.50.River: ($9.60) Tclub.gif(2 players)UTG bets $19.35 (All-In), Bellairedrew folds.Final Pot: $-9.75Results in white below: UTG doesn't show. Outcome: UTG wins $28.95.

Hi Bob (a.k.a pinchy)!Any real friend of Mark's is another online friend of mine!
everytime someone does these to me they have the nuts. Is this an easy fold? I used up all of the time bank before decidingi had no read on him, and i think i should have folded on the turn. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($22.65)SB ($24)BB ($30.10)UTG ($23.60)MP ($22.90)Bellairedrew ($28.20)Preflop: Bellairedrew is CO with 5club.gif, 7club.gif. UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Bellairedrew calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 folds.Flop: ($2.60) 2diamond.gif, Qclub.gif, Aclub.gif(3 players)UTG bets $1, Bellairedrew calls $1, Button folds.Turn: ($4.60) Aheart.gif(2 players)UTG bets $2.5, Bellairedrew calls $2.50.River: ($9.60) Tclub.gif(2 players)UTG bets $19.35 (All-In), Bellairedrew folds.Final Pot: $-9.75Results in white below: UTG doesn't show. Outcome: UTG wins $28.95.
That is a very loose preflop call to a UTG raise, and you called turn with a weak draw on a paired board.
I prob reraise PF, I raise flop.As played I think your fold is fine, you aren't beating any reasonable holding he has, I think his push is a pretty solid play if he has A10 against most players at this limit.
Woot! hey Bob!(Bob is a rl friend of mine btw)Mark
Hi Mark! How come you forgot to mention to everyone how I am pwning you this year at NVPT? :club:
Can I catch you and sell you to red lobster?PS. I don't like the name Bob, so I'm gonna call you Pinchy.
I'm very elusive to catch, unless I am bluffing at a busted draw.... is it good to get a nickname after your first post? not sure.....
Welcome!!Hhhhm, the sig, the lobster, me from Maine, I like!
I've always wanted to go to Maine, I have heard it its nice up there.
Hi Bob (a.k.a pinchy)!Any real friend of Mark's is another online friend of mine!
Thanks Merby!/hijackBack to poker....

Welcome Lobster

Mark, remember what Steve told us about downswings being a mix of bad play and running bad.I understand wanting to vent and post bad beats/coolers in these threads, but I really feel like it's counterproductive. You'd be better off posting the plays that you're most embarrassed of because it keeps your focus in the right place and will drive you to play better. Especially when you are running really poorly, you don't want to be thinking about the beats you took or the coolers after your session is over. Not doing so keeps you in the right mindset and helps you avoid dwelling on things beyond your control. It's hard to achieve this if you're sifting through hh's for beats/coolers and posting them after the fact.Just my .02 and something to keep in mind for all players. I have confidence in your game and you being able to pull through this, keep your chin up.
You posted in the wrong thread but thats ok I am an intellingent quoter. Reason for quote, here are two hands that I wanted to post.First hand I think I correctly kept the pot small I think and lost the leastPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($9.85)Button ($6.50)SB ($6.25)BB ($5.85)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :icon_dance: , T :) . Hero raises to $0.3, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.Flop: ($0.65) A :icon_dance: , 5 :club: , 9 :icon_dance:(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB raises to $0.8, Hero calls $0.40.Turn: ($2.25) 7 :)(2 players)BB bets $1, Hero calls $1.River: ($4.25) 4 :D(2 players)BB bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50.Final Pot: $7.25Results in white below: BB has As 5s (two pair, aces and fives). Hero has Ac Ts (one pair, aces). Outcome: BB wins $7.25. And then for some reason this hand came up about 5 hands later on a different table and I just had a brain explosionPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($8.90)SB ($24.45)BB ($15.35)UTG ($10.05)MP ($9.70)Hero ($9.85)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :D , A :D . 1 fold, MP raises to $0.3, Hero raises to $0.9, 3 folds, MP calls $0.60.Flop: ($1.95) T :D , Q :) , 6 :icon_dance:(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP raises to $3.4, Hero calls $1.90.Turn: ($8.75) 7 :icon_dance:(2 players)MP bets $3.1, Hero raises to $5.55, MP calls $2.30 (All-In).River: ($19.55) Q :icon_dance:(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $19.56Results in white below: MP has Th Tc (full house, tens full of queens). Hero has Qd Ad (three of a kind, queens). Outcome: MP wins $19.55. Hero wins $0.14.

considering i was a first pager and never went through with it and at the suggestion of mark i'm reintroducing myself to this thread as i made myself the challenge a week ago. i'll probably just post the number of hands played on a daily basis, and general thoughts. i'll keep at least 20 buy-ins for whatever level i'm playing at. i have 1700 in my stars account and am currently playing $.25/.50 NLHE. to me the 20 buy-ins thing is crucial, and if i can't do it w/o breaking that then i just won't do it. also, i have to get good at the max-bets texas holds them.

considering i was a first pager and never went through with it and at the suggestion of mark i'm reintroducing myself to this thread as i made myself the challenge a week ago. i'll probably just post the number of hands played on a daily basis, and general thoughts. i'll keep at least 20 buy-ins for whatever level i'm playing at. i have 1700 in my stars account and am currently playing $.25/.50 NLHE. to me the 20 buy-ins thing is crucial, and if i can't do it w/o breaking that then i just won't do it. also, i have to get good at the max-bets texas holds them.
gl gl!and welcome Lobster. Im friends with Mark too, but don't think we've met...soon though I'm guessing :D Scott :club:

So in my frustration that I couldn't find the fricking addressbook in the email on my wife's MAC this morning, I came across this (thx wax120)http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cantYou have to watch the videos. So classic.(BTW to get to the addressbook I had to create a new email and use the addressbook link in there)Mark

News to me....hahahahahahMark
lol Mark when he's bitter about poker always comes up with the funniest jokes.
PS. I don't like the name Bob, so I'm gonna call you Pinchy.
One of the best Simpsons episodes, EVER.

Just folded QQ pf. Pretty TAG player raised UTG, I 3-bet from CO, he 4-bet to 120 and I folded. I don't know if I was right, but I think it was the right play.

Just folded QQ pf. Pretty TAG player raised UTG, I 3-bet from CO, he 4-bet to 120 and I folded. I don't know if I was right, but I think it was the right play.
Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $9.25UTG+1: $40.70CO: $9.65Hero: $25.70SB: $48.40BB: $56.90Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q :club: Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero raises to $1, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $4, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 7 :) 4 :D T :) ($9.5, 2 players)UTG+1 bets $3, Hero raises all-in $21.7, UTG+1 calls.Turn: A :D ($52.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $52.9)River: 8 :D ($52.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $52.9)Results:Final pot: $52.9UTG+1 showed Jd Adladies suck :)

So improbable for him to have a lower flush here.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $400CO: $372.70Zimmer: $677.80SB: $438.50BB: $386Pre-flop: (5 players) Zimmer is Button with 6 :club: 7 :D UTG folds, CO calls, Zimmer calls, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: A :D T :D K :D ($16, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $16, Zimmer raises to $54, 2 folds, CO calls.Turn: 3 :) ($124, 2 players)CO checks, Zimmer bets $85, CO raises to $170, Zimmer raises all-in $619.8, CO calls all-in $144.7.Uncalled bets: $305.1 returned to Zimmer. River: 3 :) ($753.4, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $753.4)Results:Final pot: $753.4CO showed 5s 2sZimmer showed 6s 7s

So in my frustration that I couldn't find the fricking addressbook in the email on my wife's MAC this morning, I came across this (thx wax120)http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cantYou have to watch the videos. So classic.(BTW to get to the addressbook I had to create a new email and use the addressbook link in there)Mark
BAWAHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!Love it. (Where's Jamie anyway?). Actually, our other pooter is a Mac and it is fun to use.Btw, do I know you? B)

Up $680 today. I had 1 big suckout in my favor (KQ vs. AA K high board), caught a few good hands.So far for July I've played just over 15k hands, I'm up $4,308.55. I'm still gonna try to hit my goal of playing 20k hands.

I can't believe I got this much value out of these.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $400CO: $389.70Button: $431.60SB: $818.35Zimmer: $431.85Pre-flop: (5 players) Zimmer is BB with A :D A :club:2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, Zimmer raises to $16, Button calls.Flop: A :) A :D J :D ($34, 2 players)Zimmer checks, Button bets $10, Zimmer calls.Turn: T :) ($54, 2 players)Zimmer bets $32, Button raises to $64, Zimmer raises to $172, Button calls.River: J :D ($398, 2 players)Zimmer bets $85, Button calls.Results:Final pot: $568Zimmer showed Ah AdButton mucks Kd Kc