• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Well, I've been absent from this thread (and the entire FCP forum) for the past 4 days. What's happened to me?On Saturday, after far too little sleep. I decided to hop in a local tournament (the Boulevard 500). The buy-in was $550 and I bought in directly (a *bad* idea, because I am a tournament donk and this is *well* over 5% of my total bankroll: I normal set a 5% max cap on my occasional "big" tournament. There were around 400 players (give or take), and I managed to donk off my chips in short order by making one of those "hero" calls against a better hand (oops... bad read there... actually, that hand was played poorly from the start).I went home and denoted 2 buy-ins to the pool of regular 1/2 NLHE (6 max) players on Stars (too bad you weren't at my table, TB17, I was easy pickings). I was in no shape to play, *really* tilty and just giving my money away. So I quit and took the past couple of days off (I can still feel the tilt mindset...)I also met with my advisor last week, and was reminded just how far behind on my thesis work I am (I'm in the middle of a mathematics Ph.D.) I have to do my thesis proposal next month, so I am *trying* to buckle down and work on it. In any case, for the next month or so, you won't see me around here as frequently as I was in July...I *may* play some poker tonight... not sure abut that idea yet...I'm still up $1,000-ish on the month... but then again, about a week ago, I was up $3,000 on the month, so this week has not been very good to my poker mindset (or my bankroll).I'm not at home, so I don't have the exact numbers, but my month has really been a yo-yo:Week 1: +$3,000 (up $3,000 on the month)Week 2: -$2,000 (up $1,000 on the month)First half of week 3: +$2,000 (up $3,000 on the month)Second half of week 3: -$2,000 (up $1,000 on the month)Week 4: No poker so far...Since I normally try to keep the bad beat stories to a minimum in this thread, I didn't post during my bad Saturday sessions (besides... pretty much all the big pots I lost were due to bad play on my part, anyway...) After Saturday, I have played no poker (and was so tilted that I didn't even go near the FCP Forums...)Anyway, here's to running goot again.PS: the *Doom* switch has been flicked *on* again, so watch out! And hang onto your respective bankrolls!

I like this thread. I think/thought we should just stick it out in here......
I like this thread too. I just wanted to change up my luck. It hasn't worked so far :)Mark
I like this thread too. I just wanted to change up my luck. It hasn't worked so far :)Mark
hope your luck turns around and that you decide to come back and post in here. :club:
PS: the *Doom* switch has been flicked *on* again, so watch out! And hang onto your respective bankrolls!
Please turn Mark's doom switch off. Thanks
Well, I've been absent from this thread (and the entire FCP forum) for the past 4 days. What's happened to me?On Saturday, after far too little sleep. I decided to hop in a local tournament (the Boulevard 500). The buy-in was $550 and I bought in directly (a *bad* idea, because I am a tournament donk and this is *well* over 5% of my total bankroll: I normal set a 5% max cap on my occasional "big" tournament. There were around 400 players (give or take), and I managed to donk off my chips in short order by making one of those "hero" calls against a better hand (oops... bad read there... actually, that hand was played poorly from the start).I went home and denoted 2 buy-ins to the pool of regular 1/2 NLHE (6 max) players on Stars (too bad you weren't at my table, TB17, I was easy pickings). I was in no shape to play, *really* tilty and just giving my money away. So I quit and took the past couple of days off (I can still feel the tilt mindset...)I also met with my advisor last week, and was reminded just how far behind on my thesis work I am (I'm in the middle of a mathematics Ph.D.) I have to do my thesis proposal next month, so I am *trying* to buckle down and work on it. In any case, for the next month or so, you won't see me around here as frequently as I was in July...I *may* play some poker tonight... not sure abut that idea yet...I'm still up $1,000-ish on the month... but then again, about a week ago, I was up $3,000 on the month, so this week has not been very good to my poker mindset (or my bankroll).I'm not at home, so I don't have the exact numbers, but my month has really been a yo-yo:Week 1: +$3,000 (up $3,000 on the month)Week 2: -$2,000 (up $1,000 on the month)First half of week 3: +$2,000 (up $3,000 on the month)Second half of week 3: -$2,000 (up $1,000 on the month)Week 4: No poker so far...Since I normally try to keep the bad beat stories to a minimum in this thread, I didn't post during my bad Saturday sessions (besides... pretty much all the big pots I lost were due to bad play on my part, anyway...) After Saturday, I have played no poker (and was so tilted that I didn't even go near the FCP Forums...)Anyway, here's to running goot again.PS: the *Doom* switch has been flicked *on* again, so watch out! And hang onto your respective bankrolls!
Focus on that thesis. Once that is done you can play as much poker as you wish.

I think for the next week or so I'm going to try my luck at the FT .25/.50 NL cap tables and horse/LHE on stars.. I need a break from absolute because I've been running extremely bad on there lately.I also want to get into some lower buy-in tourneys besides the 4.40/180s. I'm hoping to take some tourney down sometime in my life.

I want to stay here too.Is this the first superthread of general poker?
I officially busto'd my FTP account, so I guess that means the other thread didn't work :)Mark
I officially busto'd my FTP account, so I guess that means the other thread didn't work :)Mark
This downswing may be the real challenge. Battle through it. You will come out a better player when it is done.

This is a spot I still don't know how to play. We have some history, he's another 2/4NL regular. I probably should've folded, but oh well.Full Tilt Poker Game #3050654197: Table Trails End (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:22:37 ET - 2007/07/24Seat 1: kismet1 ($1,315.40)Seat 2: MKovner ($408)Seat 3: browerkid ($570)Seat 4: Zimmer4141 ($394)Seat 5: phobosde ($655.10)Seat 6: gawyn ($494)browerkid posts the small blind of $2Zimmer4141 posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Zimmer4141 [Ac Kd]phobosde foldsgawyn foldskismet1 calls $4MKovner raises to $18browerkid foldsZimmer4141 raises to $58kismet1 foldsMKovner has 15 seconds left to actMKovner raises to $160Zimmer4141 has 15 seconds left to actZimmer4141 raises to $394, and is all inMKovner calls $234Zimmer4141 shows [Ac Kd]MKovner shows [Kh Kc]*** FLOP *** [7d Ks 9c]*** TURN *** [7d Ks 9c] [5c]*** RIVER *** [7d Ks 9c 5c] [Ah]Zimmer4141 shows two pair, Aces and KingsMKovner shows three of a kind, KingsMKovner wins the pot ($791) with three of a kind, KingsZimmer4141 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $794 | Rake $3Board: [7d Ks 9c 5c Ah]Seat 1: kismet1 folded before the FlopSeat 2: MKovner (button) showed [Kh Kc] and won ($791) with three of a kind, KingsSeat 3: browerkid (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: Zimmer4141 (big blind) showed [Ac Kd] and lost with two pair, Aces and KingsSeat 5: phobosde didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: gawyn didn't bet (folded)

So I went busto in the other thread, $2000 on FTP. I posted all the disgusting hands. I am one tabling 2/4NL on Stars right now playing ultra tight. **** ME IN THE ****ING ***!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($503)SB ($396)NoSup4U ($591.40)UTG ($434)MP ($289.75)CO ($404)Preflop: NoSup4U is BB with Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $12, 1 fold, SB calls $10, NoSup4U raises to $44, CO raises to $146, SB folds, NoSup4U raises to $591.4, CO calls $258 (All-In).Flop: ($820) 2club.gif, Qspade.gif, 6heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($820) Jclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($820) 2heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $820Results in white below: NoSup4U has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and twos). CO has Qc Qd (full house, queens full of twos). Outcome: CO wins $820. NoSup4U wins $187.40. Mark

Ok starting a semi quest to get to 25k by August, I will be playing 1/2 and tourneys, being backed for tourneys of course.Stars Acct - $8500FTP Acct - $3200 (will only be playing tourneys on FTP because I"m trying to hit Supernova on Stars and I have no RB)

And this hand. Same table. I've only shown down monsters:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($100)UTG ($416)NoSup4U ($408)Button ($410)SB ($835.50)Preflop: NoSup4U is MP with Qdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif. UTG raises to $16, NoSup4U calls $16, 3 folds.Flop: ($38) 8club.gif, 5club.gif, 5diamond.gif(2 players)UTG bets $30, NoSup4U calls $30.Turn: ($98) 3spade.gif(2 players)UTG checks, NoSup4U bets $68, UTG calls $68.River: ($234) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)UTG checks, NoSup4U bets $294 (All-In), UTG calls $294.Final Pot: $822Results in white below: UTG has 4c 4s (two pair, fives and fours). NoSup4U has Qd Ad (one pair, fives). Outcome: UTG wins $822. Mark

FTP Acct - $3200 (will only be playing tourneys on FTP because I"m trying to hit Supernova on Stars and I have no RB)
I'm about to hit Supernova as well. Any idea how much quicker you get FPP's for Supernova compared to Platinum?

Least I made a set:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($91.50)UTG ($828)NoSup4U ($400)CO ($412)Button ($405.40)SB ($829.50)Preflop: NoSup4U is MP with 6club.gif, 6diamond.gif. 1 fold, NoSup4U raises to $12, 1 fold, Button calls $12, 2 folds.Flop: ($30) 3heart.gif, 2diamond.gif, 7heart.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $20, Button calls $20.Turn: ($70) 6heart.gif(2 players)NoSup4U checks, Button bets $12, NoSup4U calls $12.River: ($94) Aclub.gif(2 players)NoSup4U checks, Button bets $60, NoSup4U calls $60.Final Pot: $214Results in white below: NoSup4U has 6c 6d (three of a kind, sixes). Button has Qh 9h (flush, queen high). Outcome: Button wins $214. Mark

I'm about to hit Supernova as well. Any idea how much quicker you get FPP's for Supernova compared to Platinum?
4x FPP i believe.I had no idea you played cash games I thought u were a tourney donk :)Im on a pretty slow pace (I think I'm still 36k VPP away and want to get it around November)
4x FPP i believe.I had no idea you played cash games I thought u were a tourney donk :)Im on a pretty slow pace (I think I'm still 36k VPP away and want to get it around November)
I'm a donk in both :club:. I enjoy tournaments much more but I force myself to play cash.I am only about 14,000 away. When they had the double points going in April I think, I played over 40,000 hands so that got me a ton.
I'm a donk in both :club:. I enjoy tournaments much more but I force myself to play cash.I am only about 14,000 away. When they had the double points going in April I think, I play over 40,000 hands so that got me a ton.
Sigh, I was online broke around April :D

Wow I run good. I had to look twice and make sure I made it.Full Tilt Poker Game #3052015595: Table Trails End (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:36:07 ET - 2007/07/25Seat 1: sonofz ($387)Seat 2: Lynette Chan ($539)Seat 3: jakehergz ($362.80)Seat 4: Zimmer4141 ($572.60)Seat 5: JQXZ ($400)Seat 6: MagPriss16 ($56.10)JQXZ posts the small blind of $2MagPriss16 posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Zimmer4141 [4c 5c]sonofz foldsLynette Chan foldsjakehergz foldsZimmer4141 raises to $14JQXZ calls $12MagPriss16 folds*** FLOP *** [9h 2d Td]JQXZ checksZimmer4141 bets $24JQXZ calls $24*** TURN *** [9h 2d Td] [Ad]JQXZ checksZimmer4141 bets $54JQXZ calls $54*** RIVER *** [9h 2d Td Ad] [3s]JQXZ checksZimmer4141 has 15 seconds left to actZimmer4141 bets $110JQXZ calls $110*** SHOW DOWN ***Zimmer4141 shows [4c 5c] a straight, Five highJQXZ mucksZimmer4141 wins the pot ($405) with a straight, Five high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $408 | Rake $3Board: [9h 2d Td Ad 3s]Seat 1: sonofz didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Lynette Chan didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: jakehergz didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Zimmer4141 (button) showed [4c 5c] and won ($405) with a straight, Five highSeat 5: JQXZ (small blind) mucked [9c Ac] - two pair, Aces and NinesSeat 6: MagPriss16 (big blind) folded before the FlopTo be fair, I took a 2 outer in a $600 pot a few minutes before this, so I don't always run this good.

As a longtime reader of this thread, I wanted to say to that I enjoy living vicariously through you all, and to Mark in particular that I hope you can come out of this on the other side; it really shows the brutal nature of this game that even really good players go through these kind of streaks. The trick is to not let it affect your confidence, but the phrase "easier said than done" seems to be invented for this type of task. But you know you are a good enough player; the results will come around. Anyways, having only played poker a few times in the last couple months, I enjoy reading about the ups and downs (hopefully mostly ups) of you all out there on the front lines.

I also met with my advisor last week, and was reminded just how far behind on my thesis work I am (I'm in the middle of a mathematics Ph.D.) I have to do my thesis proposal next month, so I am *trying* to buckle down and work on it. In any case, for the next month or so, you won't see me around here as frequently as I was in July...
I hear you here; I am supposed to finish mine up by next June (in combinatorics, for what it is worth). This thesis thing is a whole different kind of frustration, though I suppose it is nice that I know I can't lose money if I have a bad day and find out one of my proofs won't work because of a flawed assumption (the mathematical equivalent of losing to a gutshot on the river). Good luck to you on this (and good luck to me too :club: ).

up $8 today after about 500 hands at the .25/.50 NL cap tables.. they are very fishy but I still haven't gotten used to them. It's hard to tell when someone is pushing with AJ or even 66 or if they are pushing with queens.basically up $28 because FT gave me $500 in my bonus account and I earned $20 of it today.. guess it's a small replacement for not having rakeback on there.example of bothFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $21.45UTG+1: $31.90Hero: $59.20Button: $28.25SB: $66.20BB: $53.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T :icon_dance: T :)UTG raises to $2, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $8.75, 3 folds, UTG raises to $17, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.Flop: J :) K :heart: J :club: ($36.75, 2 players)Turn: 2 :club: ($36.75, 2 players)River: 8 :D ($36.75, 2 players)Results:Final pot: $36.75UTG showed Qs QcHero showed Tc TsFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $48.55UTG+1: $79CO: $27.75Hero: $40.40SB: $76.65BB: $10.40Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q :icon_dance: Q :club:UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.75, 2 folds, UTG raises to $16, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :) 3 :D J :icon_dance: ($32.75, 2 players)Turn: 2 :club: ($32.75, 2 players)River: 9 :icon_dance: ($32.75, 2 players)Results:Final pot: $32.75Hero showed Qh QcUTG showed 6d 6hI thought this was a very strange way to play aces.. Afterwards the guy was berating me and saying how I sucked out.. kinda funnyFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $82.95UTG+1: $23.55CO: $22.35Button: $74.50SB: $30.50GarbageBag: $50.15Pre-flop: (6 players) GarbageBag is BB with 3 :icon_dance: 5 :icon_dance: UTG calls, 4 folds, 4 folds, GarbageBag checks.Flop: Q :D 8 :icon_dance: 5 :club: ($1.25, 2 players)GarbageBag checks, UTG checks.Turn: 5 :icon_dance: ($1.25, 2 players)GarbageBag checks, UTG checks.River: T :D ($1.25, 2 players)GarbageBag bets $1.25, UTG raises to $4, GarbageBag calls.Results:Final pot: $9.25GarbageBag showed 3h 5hUTG showed Ah Ad