Best Movie That You Totally Forgot About...

Underrated great movies that come to mind automatically...Heatand Boiler RoomBoth great casts and stories, suprised both didn't fare wel at box office.
Agreed. Both these movies are very good. Im not sure that Heat is that underrated though.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, I can't believe I forgot about "The Wild Bunch", one of the all-time greats...That's such an incredible movie I don't even think of it as "a Western"; to me, it just falls in the class of "a damn good film". (Looks like somebody has their definitions backwards!! :club: ) Any others like WB and OEJ out there? I'd be glad to hear more recommendations, if you have time...thanks!
Unforgiven. I love Open Range and Pale Rider also, but Open Range is not even in the same hemisphere as Unforgiven.
Underrated great movies that come to mind automatically...Heat Any Michael Mann moviegreat casts, stories, and most of all great direction, surprised some didn't fare well at box office.
FYP
It was not a box office hit at all. I also think it is a fantastic movie however. I think sci-fi movies that are more understated and less "Independence Day" sometimes slip thru the cracks and then are appreciated more later.A good example of this is Dark City (Jack Bauer....ahem....Kiefer Sutherland plays a large supporting role) is a great movie in my opinion and no one has ever heard of it.
I just watched Dark City and didn't think it was very good. I would equate it to a very poor man's Matrix. I don't know which movie came first, but their concepts were so similar that it was almost like one movie copied the other one's idea and then made slight adjustments. It was also really hard to watch Kiefer Sutherland not as Jack Bauer even though he ended up being responsible for saving the city anyway. Was really funny at one point when he said "Hurry, we're running out of time."

I just got finished watching it and it's worth a mention in here. The Monster Squad. Everything you loved and hated about the 80's right there in one movie for all to consume.

• 2 weeks later...

a couple i just thought of:beverly hills copback to the futurethe great escapestalag 17the dirty dozena bronx talealiensi could watch these movies any timethere are much more that are easily forgotten classics just cant think of any right now

• 2 weeks later...

Coldblooded with Jason Priestly and Peter Riegert. I'd forgotten how good that movie was until I saw it again this weekend.

a couple i just thought of:beverly hills copback to the futurethe great escapestalag 17the dirty dozena bronx talealiensi could watch these movies any timethere are much more that are easily forgotten classics just cant think of any right now
I love stalag 17, classic William Holden, only looking out for himself, but always does the good deed in the end

Memento staring Guy Pearce[voiceover] "So where are you? You're in some motel room. You just - you just wake up and you're in - in a motel room. There's the key. It feels like maybe it's just the first time you've been there, but perhaps you've been there for a week, three months. It's - it's kind of hard to say. I don't - I don't know. It's just an anonymous room."

CadenceMartin Sheen directs and plays a role in this story about a army member Pfc. Franklin Fairchild Bean (Charlie Sheen) tossed into the stockades where he was forced to fit in with guys he wouldn't normally associate with led by Roosevelt Stokes (Laurence Fishburne).
The Three AmigosSteve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin ShortJust for the interaction between the three of them.
I love this movie! My dad bought it the other week... I gotta borrow it and watch it again.
  • 7 months later...

Just finshed reading The Green Mile & watching the movie. I forgot how good both of them were. Also some of my faves:Silverado (Scott Glenn, Danny Glover, Brian Dennehey, Kevin Kline, kevin Costner etc...) The Last American VirginPrincess BrideMajor League

The Three AmigosSteve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin ShortJust for the interaction between the three of them.
Seriously!!!!anyone who forgot about this movie is DEAD to MEYOU HERE ME!!DEAD TO ME!!

Aside from Rad, Gymkata, and Airborne (see thread entitled greatest movie ever), here are some other classics:Doc Hollywood (big MJFox fan)From the Hip (old 80's lawyer movie)Glengary Glen Ross (great cast)Love Actually (insert gay comment here)I did like Gattaca a lot. Major League and Heat are ALL TIME greats.

Unforgiven got all the love it deserved, but it is indeed a classic.Kid, after killing a guy sitting on the can: I guess he had it coming.Clint: We all have it coming.A whole philosophy of life right there in five words.I nominate Aguirre, the Wrath of God. I love Herzog's theme of vast, uncaring, implacable nature and how man breaks apart in the face of it. I never hear anyone mention it -- it seems totally forgotten.The Hidden with Kyle MacLachlan was more entertaining than it had any right to be. I haven't seen it in years, though, so I don't know how well it holds up.