**official Mma Thread**

I tell you what was impressive to me about that fight was that they built up how strong that one guy for the whole episode, like he was he-man or something, so you figured it was probably all crap. but watching that fight it really looked like he was that strong. war machine just looked kinda helpless even before he gassed. problem is, being strong won't take you all that far. eventually you have to have skill, and that guy didn't look very technical at all.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

sportsinteraction always has a few fights up > 1 week before
thanks for the tip -- my book usually waits til wednesday before he posts I must say I am very surprised at the Serra & Bisping lines, didn't think the favorites would be that high, Liddell/Silva looks about right, I'm leaning towards Silva a little bit there...Boxing UFC Refresh Loading betting Saturday, November 17, 2007 22:00 UFC 78 - Michael Bisping v Rashad Evans Price Price Michael Bisping +250 Rashad Evans -400 Thursday, November 29, 2007 22:00 UFC 79 - Matt Serra v Matt Hughes Price Price Matt Serra +200 Matt Hughes -303 22:00 UFC 79 - Wanderlei Silva v Chuck Liddell Price Price Wanderlei Silva -111 Chuck Liddell -125

I just bet 1k on tomorrows fights.....This is the only time I've made a couple of bets that I was unsure of, mainly on Fisher and Doerksen...Anyway I listed my bets on my blog so check em out, let me know what you think. From my experience its rare that 2 dogs dont win in one card, so I actually liked a lot of these dogs, except Charo and Bisbing (who I can't stand), so I think I should break even/win decent unless I was just totally off on my picks.

Love the price you got for Charo. For awhile I was thinking of taking the +250 with Bisbing but really his last 2 fights havent been good and hes got rocked both times so i also think staying away is best(I dont think I would ever bet a -360 favorite in the UFC.) I am taking alexander though, you make a good point about having only 2 minutes of UFC expirience, and Silva wont be a pushover, but Alexander just seems to be a stud to me. If Alexander does win I would love to see a Alexander/Rampage fight in the spring. If that matchup happens I might have to get tickets to my first live UFC fight(only if its in Vegas though).

Can't wait for Edgar vs Fisher, way better fight then Bisping vs Evans.And UFC 79 IS A SICK, SICK Card. UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra (9-4) vs. Matt Hughes (41-5)205 lbs.: Chuck Liddell (20-5) vs. Wanderlei Silva (31-7-1)205 lbs.: Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (4-1) vs. Lyoto Machida (11-0)155 lbs.: Rich Clementi (28-12-1) vs. Melvin Guillard (20-6-2)*155 lbs.: Manny Gamburyan (5-2) vs. Nate Mohr (8-4)*185 lbs.: Dean Lister (9-5) vs. Jordan Radev (11-2)*170 lbs.: Roan Carneiro (11-6) vs. Tony DeSouza (10-3)*Hvywt.: Eddie Sanchez (7-1) vs. Soa Palalei (8-1)*155 lbs.: Doug Evans (5-1) vs. Mark Bocek (4-1)*Can't ****ing wait for Sokoudjou vs Machida and Wanderlei KTFO'ing Chuck. What a sick card.Yesterday was Strikeforce. Pure domination by Alistair vs Buentello.

JC, the only bet I really don't like is Silva. It's not good odds and betting against Alexander is a mistake at this point. I think you clear a nice profit with the others though. I hate to see Lauzon lose, but I would have put another $200 on Reinhardt. I think those odds are too good to pass up.

JC, the only bet I really don't like is Silva. It's not good odds and betting against Alexander is a mistake at this point. I think you clear a nice profit with the others though. I hate to see Lauzon lose, but I would have put another $200 on Reinhardt. I think those odds are too good to pass up.
I think Silva is more marginal that people think....I saw Houston fight Jardine live, and he was a sicko but jardine did drop him at first, so we know his chin isn't amazing, Thiago's is, at the same time Thiago is a BJJ blackbelt I believe and if Houston's take down defense isn't world class he might get punished on the ground. I think that if Silva comes in with a game plan he has a shot, if he comes in with a tito ego and decides to stand up and brawl it might be tougher for him. Then again, we really don't know if Houston is a well rounded beast, so he might be able to crush silva in all aspects. All in all I think it'll be a better fight than people like performity think (he says it'll be another 1 minute fight), unless Thiago is ridiculously stupid this fight *should* go more than 1 round.
Love the price you got for Charo. For awhile I was thinking of taking the +250 with Bisbing but really his last 2 fights havent been good and hes got rocked both times so i also think staying away is best(I dont think I would ever bet a -360 favorite in the UFC.) I am taking alexander though, you make a good point about having only 2 minutes of UFC expirience, and Silva wont be a pushover, but Alexander just seems to be a stud to me. If Alexander does win I would love to see a Alexander/Rampage fight in the spring. If that matchup happens I might have to get tickets to my first live UFC fight(only if its in Vegas though).
I meant Chonan, It looks like I'm getting swept for the whole G ball if I dont get two upsets right now..
I think Silva is more marginal that people think....I saw Houston fight Jardine live, and he was a sicko but jardine did drop him at first, so we know his chin isn't amazing, Thiago's is, at the same time Thiago is a BJJ blackbelt I believe and if Houston's take down defense isn't world class he might get punished on the ground. I think that if Silva comes in with a game plan he has a shot, if he comes in with a tito ego and decides to stand up and brawl it might be tougher for him. Then again, we really don't know if Houston is a well rounded beast, so he might be able to crush silva in all aspects. All in all I think it'll be a better fight than people like performity think (he says it'll be another 1 minute fight), unless Thiago is ridiculously stupid this fight *should* go more than 1 round.

bleh pretty pathetic card. I think Evans and Bisbing both proved that they dont belong with the elite at 205. Wtf was Alexander doing wanting to grapple instead of doing what got him there and letting his hands and legs go?

jc, this is why you should always PM me with a day or two's notice on who to bet on. not sayin, but just sayin. To be honest, I'd have bet a lot against alexander, he's older and hasn't really faced the talent of silva. Nothing riding on it, and I thought that silva was the man before the fight, and he proived it big time. Evans/Bisping was easily the hardest to call fight and IMO that fight was a draw.Yes, Rashad took him down, but, he did zero damage and bisping was generally able to get right back up. To me, that was a draw fight as bisping did a lot of damange and while Evans was able to make the takedowns, he did jack shit from advantageous positions

My thoughts on the card last night:Obviously extremely boring.-Alexander came into this fight waaay overrated (by myself included) and for the people that bet Silva, they got OUTSTANDING value. He was clearly the better fighter, as all you have to do is withstand the initial fury and get Houston on the ground and it becomes gg. In this fight, Houston didn't even have an "initial fury" as he was very passive and tentative. -I hate watching Evans fight. His fight against Tito was boring as hell as well, and the only reason he got a draw there was b/c Tito grabbed the cage. This fight was boring as shit too and imo was a clear draw. -I bet a lot on Alexander and I am pissed.Very excited for 79 though and I will be ringside for sure!

Most disappointing card I have probably ever seen.More Joe Lauzon please, kid is a fucking beast.

Evans/Bisping was easily the hardest to call fight and IMO that fight was a draw.Yes, Rashad took him down, but, he did zero damage and bisping was generally able to get right back up. To me, that was a draw fight as bisping did a lot of damange and while Evans was able to make the takedowns, he did jack shit from advantageous positions
My biggest problem with MMA is the scoring system, wrestlers seem to have an inherent advantage because takedowns get looked at so favorably. Evans had lots of takedowns but for the most part Bisping really avoided any major damage and got up the most of the time. I think Evans did a slightly better job of controlling the octagon and generally being the more aggressive fighter, so I don't really have a problem with him getting the win.