**official Mma Thread**

Just heard on the Bubba the Love Sponge show that he ran into Dan Henderson this weekend and the plan is to move him down to 185 to fight Silva in the new year. Now that would be outstanding.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Just heard on the Bubba the Love Sponge show that he ran into Dan Henderson this weekend and the plan is to move him down to 185 to fight Silva in the new year. Now that would be outstanding.
That's defininitely the right idea.
whoa. that would be awesome.
I wouldn't take what he says too seriously. Hendo has said that he doesn't want to drop down, and he only has 1 fight left on his contract. If you see Hendo sign for a 3-5 fight contract, then we can start guessing as to what weight class he'll be in, but with only 1 fight left, and not being resigned, he's not getting a title shot
but with only 1 fight left, and not being resigned, he's not getting a title shot
Agreed. It would be nice to see though.I can't believe Lesnar can actually make the weight limit. That boy seems pretty massive. New heavyweights with any kind of experience is a good thing. The UFC needs it badly right now.Curious to see if the UFC tries to throw Randy under the bus or maybe kiss a little arse to get him back.
Curious to see if the UFC tries to throw Randy under the bus or maybe kiss a little arse to get him back.
Dana White will not be kissing ANYONE'S ass for any reason, imho.
Agreed. It would be nice to see though.I can't believe Lesnar can actually make the weight limit. That boy seems pretty massive. New heavyweights with any kind of experience is a good thing. The UFC needs it badly right now.Curious to see if the UFC tries to throw Randy under the bus or maybe kiss a little arse to get him back.
Lesnar will make weight. When he was in the WWE, he was generally between 280-300 and had significantly bulked up from when he was in the developmental OVW, and he was bigger in OVW then he was his last year at Minnesota. He's a bit smaller now and he fought smaller when he did that fight in LA. He's probably around 275-280 right now, so he can easily make weight. If Lesnar is able to translate his immense wrestling ability to MMA, I have a feeling that he could very well be a dominant champ
The more I watch the Ultimate Fighter reality show, the more I enjoy it. Hughes getting pwned probably helps. lol
I hope Serra kicks his ass in December. Lookin forward to see "war machine" fight next week. Some of the team Hughes fighters from this season are now training with Serra for the ultimate finale. Shows you how much Hughes really put into this season.
I hope Serra kicks his ass in December. Lookin forward to see "war machine" fight next week. Some of the team Hughes fighters from this season are now training with Serra for the ultimate finale. Shows you how much Hughes really put into this season.
I think Hughes has put a lot into this season, I just don't know if he's actually a good coach. Serra is a very good coach and has a great track record of being a good teacher. He's had a bunch of his guys do well at the NAGAs and we've seen several of his guys from Serra/Gracie end up in the UFC. Serra was one of the first american black belts in BJJ(as in pure americans and not brazilians that made their way to america to finish off their black belt). I'm also not sure that Hughes' style of teaching works for that many people too, so I can see why a bunch of fighters wouldn't want to train under him

Here are my thoughts on coaching.Hughes has really only trained with Millitech to my knowledge. He was a wrestler who became a fighter. Just because he was or is a good fighter, does not mean that he can coach well. I'm not saying that he can or can't. It's honestly hard for me to say because I'm not there. But his team doesn't seem to like him all that much. And the results certainly are not his favor.Serra on the other hand has his own school and is a teacher as well as fighter. I personally like Serra a lot. I've said this before, but I think he genuinely cares about his students and his team.Matt really only seems to care about winning. Doesn't seem to have much concern for his students progression. Sad but true. Interstingly enough, I just rented the 1st season of TUF and watched Chuck coach. I had seeen it before but decided to watch it again. Chuck didn't seem like a great coach either. If you watch the shows, he is rarely on the mat with his guys, whereas Randy always was. I wonder what line is going to be on the Hughes vs. Serra fight.......

That is actually a pretty good fight Grocery.
I know its a good fight but to sell ppv especially tape delayed ones there should be some bigger names to get the casual buys. I was just hopin to save $40 :club:
I know its a good fight but to sell ppv especially tape delayed ones there should be some bigger names to get the casual buys. I was just hopin to save $40 :club:
The last one from England aired at 1pm that day live. (I think)
Best fight of the year so far on TUF tonight. They are replaying it tommorow.
Everyone I talked to has said this and although I can't argue a ton I think they both gassed extremely early. Can you imagine the lay and pray we would have seen in a round 3?
Everyone I talked to has said this and although I can't argue a ton I think they both gassed extremely early. Can you imagine the lay and pray we would have seen in a round 3?
Yea war was pretty much spent after round 1. He just about fell over when he missed that leg kick early in round 2. But they both showed a ton of heart battling it out on the ground not giving in. I think thats the most blood Ive seen since Babalu last UFC fight.