**official Mma Thread**

The more I look over BJ/GSP, the more I love BJ. With his chin, take-down defense, and jiu jitsu, I see no winning strategy for GSP other than trying to stay away and pitty pat him with the reach for a decision, but staying away from BJs constant jab for a guy with a questionable chin is hard. I love BJ at +150.
Agree. I'd take BJ all day as the underdog. He needs to do something within 3 rounds though because I see him on his back a bit in the 4th and 5th round. I don't think GSP will be doing a lot of damage, but the judges just like giving it to the guy on top no matter what. Does anyone have any thoughts on Babalu over Sokoudjou at -165? I am watching the weigh-ins on ESPN right now to see the size difference, but I think Babalu will be able to choke him out fairly easily. I was really surprised to see Fedor at only -316.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Does anyone have any thoughts on Babalu over Sokoudjou at -165? I am watching the weigh-ins on ESPN right now to see the size difference, but I think Babalu will be able to choke him out fairly easily. I was really surprised to see Fedor at only -316.
Yes, I like Babalu here too. I'm on him, Nogueira, and Lindland.

Had a crazy dream just now (I'm lazy) of Arlovski stunning and then finishing Fedor against the ropes. Was pretty vivid and I've never dreamed of a fight or fighters before so I'm now tempted to book some action on it. Strange.Also, as long as babalu can fade the first two minutes Sokodjou's in trouble. That was a fun sentence to type and say out loud.

Good thing I don't bet dreams. Arlovski looked good for a few, amazing KO.Those announcers were tilting as hell.Dousche 1: Faydor is kewlDousche 2: Feedor is the man.Dousche 3: yeah, Feo-dor is the GOAT!! WTF?Give me Goldberg any day.

So what happens after Fedor/Barnett?Affliction might have a shot if they had 1 more superstar at another weightclass. If Fedor isnt part of an event it wont sell. I will be intrested to see the numbers from this one.

I bought the Affliction card. I thought it was pretty good. I do prefer the cage to the ring though.I would have done really well if I bet these fights. Sigh.Btw. Has Sok not figured out that fights go longer than 1 minute? I honestly think that it would be in everyones best interest to bet against any fighter that is training with Dan Henderson.

Can Sok make 185? It doesn't seem so but he said he came in at 209 and only had to cut 3 pounds as he normally comes in at ~215. I guess he does deserve some slack as in his first nine fights fought Babalu, Luiz Crane, Machcida, Nakamura, Little Nog, and Arona.The question of what happens after Fedor beats Barnett, if that happens, is really interesting.

I bought the Affliction card. I thought it was pretty good. I do prefer the cage to the ring though.I would have done really well if I bet these fights. Sigh.
Ditto, I bought the card as well and thought it was solid. Cage >>> Ring by far. Was nice to see Big John reffing mma again.Went 5/6 on this card for +11u

I obv did not buy the card. Went 2/2 (Babalu and Fedor) and should have been 3/4, but missed the deadlines on Kirill and Barnett. I thought the fights were pretty good. Arlovski looked like the Arlovski of old, obv due to the beard, even when he got KTFO. Glass jaw ftl. Is it just me or do the KO's just keep getting worse and worse? Even the fight that didn't get aired because of time had a huge KO. My only bet on tonight's card is Varner over Cerrone. Varner was -161 and I think he is just way too much for Cerrone atm. I actually like Cerrone quite a bit because is a very exciting young fighter, but I think Varner takes this one the vast majority of the time.

Went 2/3 last night with Babalu, Lindland, and Little Nog.The card tonight should be interesting, not on anything though. Hopefully Pulver doesn't get embarrassed. Would love to see him pull it off. Interesting to see where Cerrone is really at.

God I really hate the ring/ropes. And what is up with the throat cancer announcer? His voice made me want to kill myself.Linland was pretty f'ed up, definitely a good mix of some good KO's and good submissions on the card.

Yeah, Lindland got f'd up bad! I would love to see Vitor back in the UFC in the MW division. I think Vitor (a good Vitor that is) would be a great fight vs. Anderson Silva.The Arlovski fight was pretty good. For a second there I thought it was going to be a good fight, then WHAMMO. I think the Barnett/Fedor fight should be good. I'm not too sure what's left for Affliction once that fight has happened.