**official Mma Thread**

First I heard was he couldn't train until September, but he posted on like twitter or something he was raining in six weeks. Sonnen said that they want it July 3 but Anderson could delay it to August 7 in Utah. Hopefully it happens soon. If you don't think shit talking is a massive, massive part of this sport, look at Sonnen. Sonnen is Yushin Okami but talking shit. Okami was relegated on the undercards until he lost, while Sonnen is getting pushed to the moon.I wonder what Dan Henderson is thinking. He left the UFC because he couldn't fight Anderson, and then Maia gets it with only one win, now Sonnen.
The thing is they are new fights not rematches which the UFC stays away from. If Hendo couldnt beat AS with his skill set I doubt Sonnen will fair any better. Not exactly the sexy match up I was hoping for after AS's performance on Saturday.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

The thing is they are new fights not rematches which the UFC stays away from. If Hendo couldnt beat AS with his skill set I doubt Sonnen will fair any better. Not exactly the sexy match up I was hoping for after AS's performance on Saturday.
I know what you mean but... If Nate beat Chael I think Nate is next. And they have been doing at least a few rematches altely like Shogun/Lyoto and the tlaks of BJ/Frankie.

Some interesting lines just came out at BoDog that surprised me.Pat Barry +135 vs. Cro CopEven more amazing to me was....Rich Franklin -115 vs. Chuck

Good Strikeforce card on tonight. Curious about how Aoki looks in the cage. Hendo is too big and strong for Sheilds but I always like watching Hendo fight. No action but should be a good night of fights. Gotta find it online somewhere cuz Strikeforce is on some obscure useless pay channel up in Canada.

The Strikeforce card ended with some serious bush league brawling in the ring after the fight. There were too many people in the ring and pushing and shoving escalated so fast to the point where there was a big pile up and haymakers and soccer kicks were being thrown left right and center. Total chaos. Shameful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcL_y2p_FhE"Sometimes these thing happen in MMA" ummm, no. Please be quiet CBS guy."Gentlemen, we are on national television" lolhere's the part that was cut out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3xp2Tfeen4

Former Strikeforce middleweight challenger Jason "Mayhem" Miller, who was victorious on the evening's preliminary card, made his way to the cage. While CBS broadcaster Gus Johnson talked with Shields, Miller piped in to ask for a rematch of their November 2009 outing.Shields' teammate, Gilbert Melendez stepped in between the two, and the champion then shoved Miller away. Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz, also teammates of Shields, jumped into the fracas, as well, and a full-fledged brawl broke out in the cage.A disgusted Johnson implored for the fighters to halt their actions, reminding everyone in the cage that the fight was being aired on national TV. CBS was forced to cut away to a commercial while order was restored, and when the coverage was renewed, Shields apologized for his actions."I really apologize for that," Shields said. "That's out of my character. [Miller] got me when my emotions were running high. He came up in my face – came up talking crap. Unfortunately I pushed him. I overreacted."It was a shameful ending to an otherwise impressive performance from Shields (25-4-1 MMA, 3-0 SF). While his style is not always the most crowd-pleasing, his ability to nullify Henderson's (25-8 MMA, 0-1 SF) attack was impressive.
-mma junkie
Hendo looked very old tonight. Cant believe he lasted 5 rounds for as long as he was mounted in that fight.
Well, when all you are being hit with are pillows apparently, its not that hard. Seriously, has Shields ever practiced punching? I was annoyed that he couldn't finish, and I was rooting for Hendo. I thought this card was very disappointing. I was pretty excited to see Mousasi and King Mo, was very surprised to see both gas in what...mid 2nd? The Melendez fight was pretty good, but Aoki sure seemed like a bitch. And Shields being in the full mount for like 12 minutes and not finishing is ridiculous. I didn't even think he damaged Hendo at all, other than wearing him out. So, what does strikeforce do with Hendo now? I can't find the dollar amount but his contract is for 16 months, Hendo vs. Mayhem Miller, I guess. That brawl was stupid. I actually kind of like Miller, but that was completely disrespectful and he deserved to have his ass handed to him. But, any publicity is good publicity, I guess. Not sure how much it will generate outside of those who are already MMA fans though.
So, what does strikeforce do with Hendo now? I can't find the dollar amount but his contract is for 16 months, Hendo vs. Mayhem Miller, I guess.
With both fighters fighting out of team Quest in Temecula, I'm not sure this would happen. The light heavyweight division is incredibly weak so I think it's likely for him to go back there.

I heard Hendo had a bad back, took pills to try help, and it made his weight cut really hard. He looked really old. Shields should be UFC bound but SF will do whatever they can to keep him. I think the brawl was disgusting. Lots of new fans who feel this brawl confirmed the 'these guys are thugs and barbarians' beliefs.Hendo I think ends up at 205 and fights King Mo. No one else for King Mo to fight at 205, so I expect him to bounce up to HW for a fight or two.

I'm not sure who I am more disappointed with. Every fighter in the cage that had anything to do with the brawl, or the COMPLETE DOUCHE who said "sometimes this happens in MMA". WTF?? Maybe he was saying "we are on national television" to remind himself not to make such clueless and damaging comments.

Anybody gonna pay for the WEC PPV? I am gonna pass with 2 cards in May getting my money.
I'm gonna buy it. But I literally buy all of the events because I'm a sucker for these things.Only two picks for me on this card.Aldo and Cerrone.
I'm gonna buy it. But I literally buy all of the events because I'm a sucker for these things.Only two picks for me on this card.Aldo and Cerrone.
Interesting. I think I like Faber +250 but I suck. I mean, Faber was in this 'unbeatable' spot, then Brown was 'unstoppable.' Not betting, though. Should be an awesome card to watch. Will be pulling for Benson.
Apparently the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" is a "Huntington Beach Baby Momma Beater."TMZ
Dont no any details but if he was anything but deffensive in the altercation he is a huge loser. 225 proffesionally trained fighter vs a 90 lb woman is disgusting.
Looks like Tito vs. Chuck III was never going to happen. Lol at Tito, embarassing regardless whether he is found guilty.
Tito is so irrelevant. He isnt an exciting fighter nor can he compete in the top 10 in the lhw division. It was kinda pointless bringing him back other than letting Forrest have a non dangrous comeback fight.
Looks like Tito vs. Chuck III was never going to happen. Lol at Tito, embarassing regardless whether he is found guilty.
He was going to... watch the season of TUF to see why he isn't.I hope they cut Tito and we don't hear from him again.
Have we talked about Rua at +162 yet?
Staying away. Lots of talk Lyoto was very sick at media day for last fight. Not trying to make excuses, but lots of shady area. Very excited to see the fight, though.

Jason Brilz steps in for Forrest to fight Nog. Seriously.Would have liked Thiago Silva there, who is apparently ready and scheduling a fight, or let Jones step up, but so it goes.Have Mitrione +120 and Belcher -130. Belcher pushes the pace and betting against big layoffs has worked well for a long time.