Question About The First Hand In A Tourney

If Daniel reads this forum, I have a question.. Lets say there was a $3,000,000 buyin tournament, mostly mediocre players. (don't ask where they got the money to play, they just did)WSOP ME structure. First hand you get AA, you are on the button. Someone raises to 200, you raise to 1000, and they go all-in. Do you call? ThanksErik Blazynski

He folds, logs onto his computer, finds the dumbest post in the history of the interweb, and answers your question.Were your parents brother and sister or 2nd cousins?I had a lowfat english muffin with an egg beater omelet, with a little ham and cheese for breakfast this morning. And some strawberries.What else do you gen pop people do to retarded posts?+1

If Daniel reads this forum, I have a question.. Lets say there was a $3,000,000 buyin tournament, mostly mediocre players. (don't ask where they got the money to play, they just did)WSOP ME structure. First hand you get AA, you are on the button. Someone raises to 200, you raise to 1000, and they go all-in. Do you call? ThanksErik Blazynski
insta fold
I like to think that for some spiritual reason you're allowed only 1 post per calendar year, and that somehow you spent 8 months crafting this careful question. Seriously, though, this has been covered a billion times before and does not need to be rehashed.
I like to think that for some spiritual reason you're allowed only 1 post per calendar year, and that somehow you spent 8 months crafting this careful question. Seriously, though, this has been covered a billion times before and does not need to be rehashed.
Really? Usually the question is something like if you knew your opponent had KQ and you had AK would you call an all-in?I honestly don't remember all-in vs. AA thread 'cause this has got to be the crackhead question of the month.
Really? Usually the question is something like if you knew your opponent had KQ and you had AK would you call an all-in?I honestly don't remember all-in vs. AA thread 'cause this has got to be the crackhead question of the month.
They usually all pop up near the Main Event. This one is vastly different because the buy in is $3mil instead of $10K.
I think it's usually, "do you flip a coin for your whole stack on the first hand?" But sometimes it's the AA question. Just wait till WSOP time when these questions get asked twice a week.
I'm real sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my question. I had a debate with someone on this topic and was looking for a pro's answer. Again, my intent was not to offend anyone.
You didn't offend anyone, the stupidity of your question did. Don't sweat it big fella.Here is the answer you're looking for. Go all in. You always go all in or call off with AA preflop in any tourney for any amount. The only possible reason not to is if it is a satellite and you are on the bubble with a ton of chips and are against the chipleader while everyone else is on life support.You're welcome.

I think this was asked to Doyle once before (obviously not for a 3 million dollar tourney) and he said the day he folds pocket aces preflop is the day he quits playing poker.

You didn't offend anyone, the stupidity of your question did. Don't sweat it big fella.Here is the answer you're looking for. Go all in. You always go all in or call off with AA preflop in any tourney for any amount. The only possible reason not to is if it is a satellite and you are on the bubble with a ton of chips and are against the chipleader while everyone else is on life support.You're welcome.
How do you know he is big? Especially compared to you. Yeah, I went there.
I'm real sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my question. I had a debate with someone on this topic and was looking for a pro's answer. Again, my intent was not to offend anyone.
I guess I have to ask: What was the counter argument?
this is why we keep you around

My favorite part of this thread is when the guy gets railed for his question..Then apologizes and now everyone feels bad and is his friend. Oh thats funny stuff. The Feel good thread of the day.

you didnt offend anyone.. I personally think you have to fold here... i mean.. if he has AK you are basically a coin flip because he could easily flop a straight... and if he doesnt flop the straight he could easily get it by the river.. its statistically proven that a King will hit the flop 33 percent of the time.. so I mean.. If you are only a small favorite over AK and he has the extra King outs.. I think that you dont want to put yourself in as a slight favorite this early in the tourney... I would fold and I definately think daniel would fold.. fearing he is up against AK.
My favorite part of this thread is when the guy gets railed for his question..Then apologizes and now everyone feels bad and is his friend. Oh thats funny stuff. The Feel good thread of the day.
In what post did that happen dingbat?
He folds, logs onto his computer, finds the dumbest post in the history of the interweb, and answers your question.Were your parents brother and sister or 2nd cousins?I had a lowfat english muffin with an egg beater omelet, with a little ham and cheese for breakfast this morning. And some strawberries.What else do you gen pop people do to retarded posts?+1
LOL over and over again :D:):icon_dance::icon_dance::club::D:D:D:icon_dance::):)
you didnt offend anyone.. I personally think you have to fold here... i mean.. if he has AK you are basically a coin flip because he could easily flop a straight... and if he doesnt flop the straight he could easily get it by the river.. its statistically proven that a King will hit the flop 33 percent of the time.. so I mean.. If you are only a small favorite over AK and he has the extra King outs.. I think that you dont want to put yourself in as a slight favorite this early in the tourney... I would fold and I definately think daniel would fold.. fearing he is up against AK.
SW?
Did you really eat that well this morning? Man, that sounds good.