Borgata Update Thread

Or if you did'nt sleep at all because you were at a final table in mississippi might have something to do with it also
really he made the final table....how did DN do in that tourney. Come on Kid who do u think I am.....It was just a great pic.
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back From BreakFriday, January 26, 2007 12:58 PM PST As players return from the break they enter Level 4 with blinds of T100-200. The prize pool has also been announced - $5,529,000.

John Gale $ 69,000 UpJustin Bonomo $ 64,000 UpEugene Todd $ 59,000 UpVanessa Rousso $ 58,000 UpJamie Gold $ 57,500 DownJon Turner $ 54,000 DownDevin Porter $ 52,000 UpJordan Morgan $ 48,000 UpErick Lindgren $ 46,000 UpDavid Singer $ 45,000 Up

Gold continues to make friends wherever he goes...Jamie Gold Eliminates Opponent; Takes Chip LeadWith the board showing the Q875, Brian Wolfe bets $7,000 and Jamie Gold moves all in. Wolfe takes several minutes, while Gold encourages him to make the call. After a clock is called, with more verbal prodding by Gold, Wolfe calls for his final $23,000. Gold turns over the 87, and Wolfe shows the AK. The 4 river fails to improve Wolfe's hand, and he is eliminated from the tournament.Gold now has $93,000, and is the current chip leader. I'm tellin' ya, yapping at someone while it's their turn to bet is REALLY BAD MANNERS.

Jamie Gold Eliminates Opponent; Takes Chip LeadWith the board showing the Q875, Brian Wolfe bets $7,000 and Jamie Gold moves all in. Wolfe takes several minutes, while Gold encourages him to make the call. After a clock is called, with more verbal prodding by Gold, Wolfe calls for his final $23,000. Gold turns over the 87, and Wolfe shows the AK. The 4 river fails to improve Wolfe's hand, and he is eliminated from the tournament.Ok the guy seems to do ok, but man I dont know how anyone avoids punching him in the face.

26 Members: Brisco, esamilin, leftygolfer, evilturtle, UncleCollins, DoinSublime, DanielNegreanu, homnig, lunarphase, gilbertology, pocktdeuces, packersfan, Benjamin, Bluechip19, rpalmore, bringsme, rkkkkjj, grbs1605, Waffles2003, sixhands, KUPoker5, Tosh, Derswick, myenemy, crowTrobot, RhinestoneCowboyArent you supposed to be playing poker?

Yo. Daniel here from my Treo. my starting table had Kido Phan and Nam Le at it. that sucks. I busted Kido with QQ vs AK. he was short when I got here for level 3
Did you get a charger?
Yo. Daniel here from my Treo. my starting table had Kido Phan and Nam Le at it. that sucks. I busted Kido with QQ vs AK. he was short when I got here for level 3
I would just like to say, awesome. Where else can you get live updates from a player in a tournament.GL DN.
LOL a second too late. I railed from my treo last night and have posted that way as well.

Jamie Gold is tonight's guest on The CircuitTonight's guest on 'The Circuit' is WSOP Main Event Champion Jamie Gold. We know you all have questions for Jamie, and he told Card Player he'll talk about almost anything. Get those questions or comments to us through the donk line at 877-675-1306 or email them to thecircuit@cardplayer.com.David Singer also returns to The Circuit tonight, along with guest co-host Jon Friedberg. That could be a lot of fun.Fri Jan 26 13:40:00 PST 2007Payouts ReleasedThe official payouts for the 2007 Borgata Winter Poker Open have just been released. The 570 player starting field generated a $5,529,000 total prize pool. The payouts for the top five positions are as follows: 1st - $1,603,4102nd - $847,5963rd - $442,3204th - $387,0305th - $331,740

"Brad Booth feeling fresh...David Singer calls foulNo Limit Hold 'emJan 26, 2007 / 15:20:46 EDTDuring the break Yukon Brad Booth "wasn't feeling it" so he went upstairs, showered, shaved, and put on a fresh set of clothes. After returning to the table after 40 minutes, David Singer voiced his concern that this was an unfair advantage to Booth. He feels that it should be not be allowed to change things up like that during tournament play. We'll let you know what the tournament official's ruling is once we find out. "Umm....what the heck is Singer on about??? :club: .....and Singer just busted out so.....lol....

The Golden RuleFriday, January 26, 2007 01:52 PM PST Jamie Gold just won another pot, taking his stack up to T92,000. It’s been a tough few months for Gold, who’s looking for a little redemption here. If the critics are right, he won’t find it.Now that he’s under closer examination, I’ve heard two High Stakes Poker veterans say he was the worst player they’d ever played with on that show. Not that we aren’t talking about exclusive company, but they didn’t make it seem like there was much of a debate on the matter. The opinions of his opponents, however, may be the kindest and least damning.It’s been reported far and wide over the last couple of days that Bodog has fired Jamie as a spokesperson. The pairing was always a dubious one as Bodog was never a sight built on the professional game, opting instead for the game’s glamour as a selling point. The firing could be linked in part to diminishing promotional opportunities in the US due to anti-online gaming legislation, but Gold’s reputation had taken such a hit in the wake of the World Series split scandal that he seems to have lost the respect o the community at large.In a community where your name is only as good as your reputation, and money handed out on faith based on such reputations, Jamie’s rep has been dragged through the muck. Jules and Crispin Leyser told me about the reported split two days before the final table, so like most, I’m inclined to believe their side of the story, that a 50-50 split in Jamie’s World Series winnings was agreed upon before the event. That Jamie didn’t immediately fulfill his end of the deal is seen by many as the ultimate offense and the primary reason his ascendance might have been the worst case scenario.So now, Jamie’s here, a crowd watching his moves closely, trying to prove his peers and the public wrong about the man. This is the first time he’s had the big stack in a major event since the series; we’ll see if he can duplicate his success there.

OK I just got back from the Borgata, to get ready for my home game, I will be returning tomorrow.Here are some noteworthy tidbits.DN arrived for the 3rd level, where he had approx 28600 to start. He is wearing the Luongo Jersey (Canucks)He busted Kido within 20 mins of playing, after he beat him in 1 pot when he caught a 3 for his 3-5 s, and chopped another when they both had AKoJC Tran is at the table immediately to DNs right, and Nam Le is sitting to his immediate right. (too funny)Vanessa Rousso has ALOT of chips. Jamie Gold has a TON of chips.An interesting hand developed in lvl 2 w/ Gold and some guy to his left.I didnt see the board (too many people) but Gold bet out 500 the guy raised to 2200 Gold thought for about 1 minthen said raise, and the dude goes "ALL IN" before Jamie annouced his raise. ANOTHER guy not even in the hand jumps up and starts screaming at the all in guy saying "you cant do that", and the floor is brought over. Jamie looked like a scared little school girl, but he said no foul was commited but that the guy was "not bright" for doing that. so he min raised, and mucked.I thought it was pretty funny. I will write more later, but thats all for now.

Jamie Gold Eliminates Opponent; Takes Chip LeadWith the board showing the Q875, Brian Wolfe bets $7,000 and Jamie Gold moves all in. Wolfe takes several minutes, while Gold encourages him to make the call. After a clock is called, with more verbal prodding by Gold, Wolfe calls for his final $23,000. Gold turns over the 87, and Wolfe shows the AK. The 4 river fails to improve Wolfe's hand, and he is eliminated from the tournament.Ok the guy seems to do ok, but man I dont know how anyone avoids punching him in the face.
I am not a violent guy but I think I might have rough JG up if he was in my face like that. But what is the guy pushing all of his chips with Ace high. Fold and pick a better spot.

"Negreanu Loses Over Half His StackFriday, January 26, 2007 02:41 PM PST On a board of 7439 Daniel Negreanu calls the all-in re-raise by the button. Negreanu calls and shows JJ while his opponent shows KK. The river is blank, leaving Kid Poker with only T11,200. "Rotten luck! :(EDIT: ....and I hate pocket Js....

Gold continues to make friends wherever he goes...Jamie Gold Eliminates Opponent; Takes Chip LeadWith the board showing the Q875, Brian Wolfe bets $7,000 and Jamie Gold moves all in. Wolfe takes several minutes, while Gold encourages him to make the call. After a clock is called, with more verbal prodding by Gold, Wolfe calls for his final $23,000. Gold turns over the 87, and Wolfe shows the AK. The 4 river fails to improve Wolfe's hand, and he is eliminated from the tournament.Gold now has $93,000, and is the current chip leader. I'm tellin' ya, yapping at someone while it's their turn to bet is REALLY BAD MANNERS.
Manners?! Bah!! That's some old school poker man. Guys like Amarillo Slim made careers out of it.