Department Of Justice Subpoenas Top Banks For Information

I think we, as Americans, have come to terms with the fact that we're not in fact the center of the universe. It's most Canadians with the 'little brother who never got enough attention' syndrome, that have not.
The majority of Canadians hold no such sentiment of "the little brother" to the U.S. In now way do we admire the U.S for their laws that restrict freedoms (online poker), their leaders (bush, frist, et al.), or the intruding actions (iraq) that the U.S. enacts. If we felt you were a big brother, we'd respect you, but mostly we just laugh at your absurd actions and restrictions, that make us, as canadians, grateful we dont live south of the 49th.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of Canadians hold no such sentiment of "the little brother" to the U.S. In now way do we admire the U.S for their laws that restrict freedoms (online poker), their leaders (bush, frist, et al.), or the intruding actions (iraq) that the U.S. enacts. If we felt you were a big brother, we'd respect you, but mostly we just laugh at your absurd actions and restrictions, that make us, as canadians, grateful we dont live south of the 49th.
And you continue to prove my point.When you vehemenently and continually ramble on and on about how glad you are to be Canadian as opposed to being American, it stands to reason that it's borne only of some sort of deep-seated cultural, how do I say, small penis?
And you continue to prove my point.When you vehemenently and continually ramble on and on about how glad you are to be Canadian as opposed to being American, it stands to reason that it's borne only of some sort of deep-seated cultural, how do I say, small penis?
:club: ...........and you prove his point when you continually think that Canadians are absorbed in whatever the US does, he was just replying to a statement. And What is a cultural small penis exactly?
The fact that your only rebuttal is to make a sexual reference proves my point on the narrow-mindedness of the majority of the american population. The "we're the best" notion is false, and the fact that you continue to believe in this just demonstrates your ignorance sir.
The fact that your only rebuttal is to make a sexual reference proves my point on the narrow-mindedness of the majority of the american population. The "we're the best" notion is false, and the fact that you continue to believe in this just demonstrates your ignorance sir.
It wasn't a sexual reference so much as it was a metaphor to demonstrate an inadequacy that manifests itself in a consistent behavior of pointing out America's flaws. I'm just trying to point out that the mindframe of the average Canadian poster on this board is, for whatever reason, to jump at the chance to point out America's flaws. Am I wrong? Show me when I said or even postured that 'America is the best' in this thread? For the record, if I had my druthers, I'd rather live in any one of the Scandinavian countries than Canada, or America. I just think it's silly and unrealistic to jump ship and move to a different country simply because online poker is in the process of getting banned.Let me ask you, though..do you feel that Canada is 'the best'?
The "We're the best" notion is absolutely true. Almost every major science or technology innovation of the last century came from the US.
It wasn't a sexual reference so much as it was a metaphor to demonstrate an inadequacy that manifests itself in a consistent behavior of pointing out America's flaws. I'm just trying to point out that the mindframe of the average Canadian poster on this board is, for whatever reason, to jump at the chance to point out America's flaws. Am I wrong? Show me when I said or even postured that 'America is the best' in this thread? For the record, if I had my druthers, I'd rather live in any one of the Scandinavian countries than Canada, or America. I just think it's silly and unrealistic to jump ship and move to a different country simply because online poker is in the process of getting banned.Let me ask you, though..do you feel that Canada is 'the best'?
Pointing out flaws does not necessitate an "inadequacy complex", it is human nature to question and point out flaws in everything, its part of critical thinking and essential to the evaluation of each and every situation we put ourselves in as people. The reason why it may seem to you that Canadians jump to point out America's flaws is because you simply, historically and presently, perpetually make gross mistakes with regards to your citizens and the global community at large. Mistakes which, viewed from the outside rather than the inside, demonstrate ignorance and repression. I agree with you that moving out of the country due to an unjust law concerning online poker is absurd and impossible to 99% of online players, and I'll never support that arguement. I don't believe any country in the world can be deemed to be "the best", under what criteria and under what circumstances could you ever reach a viable conclusion? However, I do believe that, with regards to personal freedoms, Canada far surpasses the United States in number and quality. If you feel that you can somehow argue that point, all you have to do is look at the online poker situation at present. To say the U.S. is the ideal of freedom for the rights of its people is to be ignorant of the laws and policies the U.S. continuously implements.
I don't believe any country in the world can be deemed to be "the best", under what criteria and under what circumstances could you ever reach a viable conclusion?
If you can't conclusively deem one "the best", how can you say one is not "the best"?This isn't Cambodia or Nigeria or some other third world country we're talking about. It's the United States. I don't know that there's a lot of distinctions to be made between countries like Norway, Japan, Canada, America, England and France. There's plenty of flaws in each country--I just think it's a bit abnormal how the Canadian posters on this site seem to almost foam at the mouth for an opportunity to mock America and it's shortcomings--which, agreeably--are many.

I'm praying to hit the lottery so I can move to Monaco. I considered other places, but Monaco won out.US - Has turned OrwellianCanada - Too cold and I don't like hockeyJapan - Too crowded and fast paced in the citiesAustralia - Eh. Too far from everything else.Monaco - Ah. Poker and hot, rich chicks laying topless on the beach. Ding Ding Ding!Sigh ... $4000 and counting. Gonna be a long time before I can afford it.

If you can't conclusively deem one "the best", how can you say one is not "the best"?
This is counter-intuitive, since, you yourself admit that the flaws in any one country can be numerous, and I concur, there is no standard by which you can legitimately say "country A is 2.7% better than country B" because each has their merits and downfalls. Obviously in cases where you compare France to Uganda or another 3rd world country, the answer is obvious. When comparing two first world nations, the differences are rooted in policy rather than conditions.

I would think canadians would feel a little slighted that they're not made fun of more than they are. Other than a few little things to nitpik at, there's nothing really there. Beer, moose, some french-canadians, and eh. There's no material to work with. You're the guy at work who says hi with a smile, but don't add anything, positive or negative. You would invite him out for drinks, but not notice if he showed or not. You could disappear, run away, or die, and no one would notice until the landlord showed up to collect the rent. I'm speaking on my perception of the nation on a whole, not individually. I'm sure there's plenty of brilliant people there. I have nothing against any of you. You're just...........there. Anyway. So for those of us who have made cumulatively substantional deposits with neteller over the past 3 years. Wanna be pen pals in prison?

Dudes - don't denegrate this into a US vs Canada pissing contest. I live in Canada, love Canada, but in no way delude myself that we would not be screwed without the Superpower to the South. I mean what the hell would we do if someone decided to fly some 747's into some of the Tarsands plants in Fort Mac or even just some Canadian landmark of significance? Send our Navy after them? That's the sad truth folks. So let's just park that whole silly "Who is best" and get back to the real issue which is that online looks to be going down the toilet. And as posted in other threads about the fish going away due to problems in putting in and taking out funds, I can attest to that (being a relative fish myself) as the simple item of not being able to deposit using Visa straight to Pstars was enough to send me packing (did not want to give my bank account number to some offshore site - seems a bit dangerous).So who appears to be more willing to reinstate online gaming, Barrack or Hilary?Is anything being done with the gov't to try and show them a way they could get their mitts on some more of the profits? That's what this is all about, isn't it? Talk about a useless fight trying to fight the gov't on this - I think would be more intelligent to try and get them onside.Oh well, my take on things, peace out.D

I would think canadians would feel a little slighted that they're not made fun of more than they are. Other than a few little things to nitpik at, there's nothing really there. Beer, moose, some french-canadians, and eh. There's no material to work with. You're the guy at work who says hi with a smile, but don't add anything, positive or negative. You would invite him out for drinks, but not notice if he showed or not. You could disappear, run away, or die, and no one would notice until the landlord showed up to collect the rent. I'm speaking on my perception of the nation on a whole, not individually. I'm sure there's plenty of brilliant people there. I have nothing against any of you. You're just...........there. Anyway. So for those of us who have made cumulatively substantional deposits with neteller over the past 3 years. Wanna be pen pals in prison?
and the ignorant american who we canadians typically associate with your country rears his head yet again, once more demonstrating supreme ignorance on behalf of the american people.
based on your tag Im thinking your pretty close to me, Im in West Palm.
Wow thats pretty cool, nice to see someone from the 561 on here lol. :club:
and the ignorant american who we canadians typically associate with your country rears his head yet again, once more demonstrating supreme ignorance on behalf of the american people.
So be it. All I know is there are 50 countries in the world I would like to visit, explore, and experience, before Canada would even cross my mind.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm hoping for this country to fail. Anyone who thinks that America is "the land of the free," I suggest you come to New Jersey and try to smoke in a bar, go to New York and try to cook with trans-fats, or logon to Party Poker from anywhere in this country. I'm sickened by what this country has become, and I fear it will only get worse. The biggest problem is "the power of the people" is completely non-existent. Our votes are meaningless, since no one is on our side. No major party candidate is pro-freedom, just pro-USA inc.

If you took out any online gambling money in within the last 5 years and didn't pay income tax its recommended you amened your taxes this week.PS: Our votes as Americans are not meaningless - we're just voting for the wrong people!

So be it. All I know is there are 50 countries in the world I would like to visit, explore, and experience, before Canada would even cross my mind.
You don't get it, we don't care. That is what makes us Canadian we don't have any huge desire to put other people/countries down, or we dont have a desire to force other people to like us, if you do not so be it. In general Canadians are laid back There are lots of good people in the US, but in general the attitude of people like you are exactly what rubs many people the wrong way.

WTF is wrong with some of you?We are about to get steamrolled and you're in a pissing contest about "my bike is better than your bike". or "HA HA, stupid Americans!!!! you are screwwwwwwwwwed!!!" . Are you kidding me?Regardless of which country you live in other than USA, you will be effected to some degree if the US market is completely shut down. It has yet to be seen how much or how bad....but trust me....this looks VERY BAD right now.The old saying of "if the US sneezes the world catches a cold" is not born of arrogance. It's simple economics. I hate that we are a target for the hatred of the world that is just the way it is. Also, many folks here, your FCP brothers and sisters (at the risk of sounding ghey) may soon be in serious financial trouble. This is not funny and I urge everyone to have a little sympathy.In the meantime maybe pray, light incense, wave an eagle feather, sacrifice a piece of fruit, DO SOME THING, so that the great online poker Titanic doesn't actually sink. :club:

If you took out any online gambling money in within the last 5 years and didn't pay income tax its recommended you amened your taxes this week.PS: Our votes as Americans are not meaningless - we're just voting for the wrong people!
ok, then who? Who are the right people to be voting for? THe liberatarians? The Green party? That's just a waste of time. Americans in favor if freedom have no one to turn to, no one with a viable chance of initiating progressive change. Heck, we can't even stem the tide of regrssiveness. THis country is headed in the wrong direction, and I'm starting to get the feeling that it's almost time to "cut and run." Gotta graduate college first though.
ok, then who? Who are the right people to be voting for? THe liberatarians? The Green party? That's just a waste of time. Americans in favor if freedom have no one to turn to, no one with a viable chance of initiating progressive change. Heck, we can't even stem the tide of regrssiveness. THis country is headed in the wrong direction, and I'm starting to get the feeling that it's almost time to "cut and run." Gotta graduate college first though.
Changes don't happen overnight, IMO there is to much big money using their influence and with only 2 main partys it makes it difficult to have real choices if either the Rep or Libs don't want to make any changes. I think its the system more than anything, but then again all countries are gonna have problems.
you will be effected to some degree if the US market is completely shut down. It has yet to be seen how much or how bad....but trust me....this looks VERY BAD right now. Canadians and Europeans will not be affected as badly as you think. There are a more than sufficient number of players, fish and otherwise, for online poker to continue to be lucrative for those of us who are permitted to do so.The old saying of "if the US sneezes the world catches a cold" is not born of arrogance. It's simple economics. I hate that we are a target for the hatred of the world that is just the way it is. Taking out the American players will not destroy online poker. Besides, Canada and Europe have gotten their online poker flu shots, we're good thanks.