• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

lol @ the penalty call on Sabourin there. WTF is he supposed to do with 2 Hurricanes on him?
The ref warned him earlier, so I think it was more of a combined-with-earlier-times call.
<<<< FSN Pittsburgh here.
So, you got to listen to Staggie be wrong every 30 seconds?

Hey Pittsburgh guys... can you give me a report on Taffe? How has he been doing? Is he gonna stick for the remainder of the year. Will the penguins keep him around next year? That kind of report... don't need to know about his broken nose!! Thoughts??ThanksSwacker Dave

Therrien has been loving Taffe, and was even giving him powerplay time.As long as his injury isn't too bad, I'd assume he sticks for the rest of the reason.He's certainly earned the spot over Beech and Smith. When the team is healthy again, he'll probably be on the 4th line, or maybe the 3rd if he keeps his play up. I expect him to stick, though.

When the hell did this happen?Penguins C Beech out indefinitely with broken wrist February 15, 2008PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Penguins center Kris Beech was placed on injured reserve Friday with a broken right wrist and will be out indefinitely. To fill Beech's spot on the roster, the Penguins recalled forwards Connor James and Chris Minard from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League. Defenseman Alex Goligoski was returned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Beech, who played only four games since returning to the Penguins last month, was injured while being checked into the boards by Carolina defenseman Glen Wesley on Thursday night. Beech, who initially joined the Penguins in the 2001 trade that sent former NHL scoring champion Jaromir Jagr to Washington, has been with four NHL organizations this season. He began the season with the Blue Jackets' Syracuse farm club before being called up by Columbus. He had four goals and five assists in 16 games before being waived. He was claimed by Vancouver on Jan. 10, only to be waived again later in the month. He was then claimed by Washington, which tried to send him to its minor league club. But Pittsburgh claimed him.*******************************************Sigh. I actually didn't mind how Beech was playing, and liked him more than Smith.

When the hell did this happen?Penguins C Beech out indefinitely with broken wrist February 15, 2008PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Penguins center Kris Beech was placed on injured reserve Friday with a broken right wrist and will be out indefinitely. To fill Beech's spot on the roster, the Penguins recalled forwards Connor James and Chris Minard from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League. Defenseman Alex Goligoski was returned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Beech, who played only four games since returning to the Penguins last month, was injured while being checked into the boards by Carolina defenseman Glen Wesley on Thursday night. Beech, who initially joined the Penguins in the 2001 trade that sent former NHL scoring champion Jaromir Jagr to Washington, has been with four NHL organizations this season. He began the season with the Blue Jackets' Syracuse farm club before being called up by Columbus. He had four goals and five assists in 16 games before being waived. He was claimed by Vancouver on Jan. 10, only to be waived again later in the month. He was then claimed by Washington, which tried to send him to its minor league club. But Pittsburgh claimed him.*******************************************Sigh. I actually didn't mind how Beech was playing, and liked him more than Smith.
I saw this last night. It happened against the boards in the (I think) neutral zone.
I saw this last night. It happened against the boards in the (I think) neutral zone.
its too bad..he was going for the world record for most teams played for in one year

I just saw this by the Penguin blogger over at Hockeybuzz. Take it as you will:Sidney Crosby took another big step in his return to action today, as he took part in practice sans yellow "no contact" jersey. The Penguins captain went hard in all aspects and showed no signs of the high ankle sprain that has kept him out of action for the last month.According to Shelly Anderson of the Post Gazette, Crosby got tangled with Kris Letang at one point and crashed to the ice, sliding into the boards. Number 87 popped up and looked to be fine. I have been telling you that I feel Sid is ahead of schedule and this is playing right into that thinking. I am not sure if he actually is healing that much faster than the average human, but he has proven to be able to play with a significant amount of pain. I just hope that the team is certain that there will be no relapse if he is allowed to come back ahead of schedule, because having him in April will prove to be a lot more important than having him in late February. The team and Crosby have held true to their initial diagnosis and timetable. They are still saying that they do not expect Sid back in the mix until at least March. Based on what I am seeing, I look for him to be back in the line-up within the next 10 days...take that for what it is, the opinion of some one who has no medical training of any kind. However, I know enough that I would never say never when it comes to Sidney Crosby. The Kid is a warrior and his hunger for the game seems to be pushing him way ahead of schedule...More later...

I just saw this by the Penguin blogger over at Hockeybuzz. Take it as you will:Sidney Crosby took another big step in his return to action today, as he took part in practice sans yellow "no contact" jersey. The Penguins captain went hard in all aspects and showed no signs of the high ankle sprain that has kept him out of action for the last month.According to Shelly Anderson of the Post Gazette, Crosby got tangled with Kris Letang at one point and crashed to the ice, sliding into the boards. Number 87 popped up and looked to be fine. I have been telling you that I feel Sid is ahead of schedule and this is playing right into that thinking. I am not sure if he actually is healing that much faster than the average human, but he has proven to be able to play with a significant amount of pain. I just hope that the team is certain that there will be no relapse if he is allowed to come back ahead of schedule, because having him in April will prove to be a lot more important than having him in late February. The team and Crosby have held true to their initial diagnosis and timetable. They are still saying that they do not expect Sid back in the mix until at least March. Based on what I am seeing, I look for him to be back in the line-up within the next 10 days...take that for what it is, the opinion of some one who has no medical training of any kind. However, I know enough that I would never say never when it comes to Sidney Crosby. The Kid is a warrior and his hunger for the game seems to be pushing him way ahead of schedule...More later...
I saw video of him doing some resistance skating. He looked strong.
I saw that as well, and tried not to get too optimistic since I thought it might just have been normal rehab. But for him to go into a contact practice as well? I'm impressed.
can he make the min games played for serge to win the bet?we can only hope
can he make the min games played for serge to win the bet?we can only hope
No. Today is his 13th missed game of the season thus voiding the bet. Sorry for your loss.
FYI to all: It was Sunday (Feb 10) on this play behind Car's net.......14:48 Glen Wesley: 2 Minutes for Interference of Kris Beech
I'd just like to say that I have zero respect for Kaleta.
Does this help? hahaSabres right winger Patrick Kaleta, who grew up in the Buffalo suburb of Angola, is the third player from this area to wear his hometown team's sweater."It's amazing, going in front of the crowd with the team you grew up watching," he said.Kaleta, who still lives with his parents, got his first NHL goal against Florida at HSBC Arena Feb. 10.

lol - ok, that explains a lot.I dunno - his little confrontation with Armstrong earned him no respect in my eyes, and I couldn't even respect that if he was wearing a Penguin uniform. Sure, I'd probably like the fact that he'd have earned a powerplay, but I thought it was classless to get in Colby's face, motion and discuss dropping the gloves, then skate away as soon as Armstrong did so.*edit* Here's a snippet I saw from the Team Report:Notes, Quotes• Right wing Colby Armstrong was charged with an unsportsmanlike conduct minor at 14:18 of the second period. He said Buffalo right wing Patrick Kaleta challenged him to a fight, but Kaleta skated to the bench after Armstrong dropped his gloves. The Sabres cut the Penguins' lead to 2-1 on the ensuing power play. "He asked me if I wanted to go, then he just skated away," Armstrong said. "(Kaleta) took a shot at (center Evgeni Malkin), and I came to his defense. I guess it's not the best penalty by me, but you have to defend your guy."