• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

just listened to Shero's press conference and he looked very unsure about his deal. he was like many of the fans very emotionally attached to Colby and Christensen. he said he did not even talk to Hossa about the deal yet and that he would definitely explore signing him long term although i still find that to be a stretch. i really didn't realize our PK was that bad so i guess that was a focal pt?rereading some of the post in this thread and digesting this trade more and more. i think i like it a lot now. colby and eric making 3-3.5M a year is ridiculous and Taffe, James, or others can easily fill there rolls at very low costs. it almost looks that Shero looked hard into the future and really wants to keep Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury forever and simply add a Sykora like to lucrative short term deals and fill in the rest. i think i like that."Pittsburgh kind of snuck in the back door there. I'm not sure anyone even thought they were an option," Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said. "All along we kept hearing it was between Montreal and Ottawa. That was a surprising one to me. They did have some assets to give up. It was a very bold move by Ray Shero."

question to the Penguin friends:With the departure of Colby and Eric, does that mean Talbot might get some ice time on the top two lines and increase his production?

Talbot has been getting top 6 ice time.He was on Malkin's wing for a while, when Malone is not.I wouldn't surprised to see him on the top line wing, to be honest, although he'd be a good fit on the 3rd line as well.

Talbot has been getting top 6 ice time.He was on Malkin's wing for a while, when Malone is not.I wouldn't surprised to see him on the top line wing, to be honest, although he'd be a good fit on the 3rd line as well.
ironically the three guys you picked for the bet are all gone...Roberts injured and now Colby and Eric...The bet should be points earned as a Penguin, but Ill let the forum decide..
ironically the three guys you picked for the bet are all gone...Roberts injured and now Colby and Eric...The bet should be points earned as a Penguin, but Ill let the forum decide..
lol, no. It's based on their points for the season, but we probably should have discussed it prior, in case they got moved.Either way, I'm pretty sure you've got that one bet locked up, so it's a moot point, imho.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me.I would love to see the Pens convince him to signing a 1-year deal, while Malkin is still on his entry level contract, at least, and go from there. I think that would be cool, cuz I don't see the likelihood of him signing long term at a price we can afford, as being all that high.

Hossa certainly gives the impression that he has every intention of testing free agency.
He will get huge money in the free agent market...I predict $48 million for 5 years
I'd love it if these NYI announcers paid a bit of attention to the game instead of talking to Garth fricken Snow.
dude... i was soooooooooooooooooooo happy when I turned to centre ice channel 281 and heard steigy's voice at 7:01.

To say Conklin is playing well, is an understatement.The Pens winning this game is just a testament to how much passion they have. They started the game short TWO players, who arrived into the second period, and Connor James, one of those players, got his first NHL goal, the 4th goal of the game. So, congrats to him on that one. I love him in NHL 08.

50 saves for Conklin...serge you still think the Pens are doomed in the playoffs with him between the pipes?
i dont think they are doomed, but they arent as well prepared as other teams with experienced goalers

Anyone who hears about Sykora, please let us know here. He got hurt in the last 4 minutes, and Steigy and Bob mentioned he hurt his ankle. I swear to god, I can't take one more Penguin ankle injury. Counting Roberts, that makes FOUR high ankle sprains so far.