Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

You gotta give credit the Pens for going for the CUP..However they have significantly hurt their immediate future as it seems a lot to give up for a rental...I respect Shero though for going for it...I would of tried to add a goalie as well...
lol... they have Conklin who has been lights out, and they have Fleury coming back... that's about as good of a 1-2 punch as any team will have, not to mention that there wasn't much out there, and probably nothing that would have been a significant upgrade to these two.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

lol... they have Conklin who has been lights out, and they have Fleury coming back... that's about as good of a 1-2 punch as any team will have, not to mention that there wasn't much out there, and probably nothing that would have been a significant upgrade to these two.
Playoffs are a different story
if the Pens can't resign Hossa this will have been a bad trade. Do they the cap space to make a serious bid for Hossa?Also, is the cup really feasible this season with their current goaltending situation?
I think Zach said they have 12 million in cap space, so I assume they'll be fine. They got rid of Armstrong and Christensen's salaries, too. I agree that they had better try to resign Hossa, and I think their success (or lack thereof) this year will be a big factor. They had better make the Finals.I think they have the goaltending to do so, because if you look at the East - there aren't a whole lot of teams that are rock solid in goal. You got Brodeur in NJ, but who else? Maybe Lundqvist in NY, but he's been streaky. Ottawa have the Gerber/Emery drama, Montreal just threw their hope at a relatively inexperienced goalie in Price, and while Buffalo still has Miller, they are fighting for a bubble spot and are currently in 9th. I think the Pens definitely have the goaltending to compete in the east, at least, with Fleury and Conklin.
I think Zach said they have 12 million in cap space,
Yeah, a lot of that was based on speculation, and included signing Malkin, and a couple other guys, two of whom are gone now.It changes a bit, now.

Let's be honest guys. I know we all loved Colby, and I know we all loved EC's hands, but seriously, neither of them are performing as they should be.Initially, I'm sad to lose them, but replacing them with guys like Filewich and James, or a free agent in the summer, isn't going to be a big deal, imho.

I know but add Esposito and a 1st rounder into the mix, and I can't help but gripe about it. Overpaying that much makes me feel losing both Colby and Christensen wasn't necessary. I hope Shero knows what he's doing.

I know but add Esposito and a 1st rounder into the mix, and I can't help but gripe about it. Overpaying that much makes me feel losing both Colby and Christensen wasn't necessary. I hope Shero knows what he's doing.
As a rent a player scenario I'm shaky with it. If we can resign Hossa, I'm all for it.
Mark Madden (Pittsburgh ESPN Radio Analyst), "Chemistry doesn't score goals, Marian Hossa scores goals, except in the playoffs"
FYP
As a rent a player scenario I'm shaky with it. If we can resign Hossa, I'm all for it.
Do you think that the Penguins can have $25 million tied up into 3 players???I dont think it can happen..Shero is going for the Cup this year

Yeah, I dunno.Espo is a coinflip, and the 1st rounder sucks.I certainly agree it's an overpayment, but I've just been trying to find some positive linings to what looks like a gross overpayment on paper.I don't have a lot of confidence in locking up Hossa either. Serge is right, you can't have 3 guys making 25 million. Maybe they give him a 1 year deal while Malkin is still making 1 M?

Do you think that the Penguins can have $25 million tied up into 3 players???I dont think it can happen..Shero is going for the Cup this year
i think they can do it for $21-22 millionbut i agree Shero is going for the Cup this year

Best line of the day by Cliff Fletcher:The Leafs are skating in a different arena. I am trading for draft picks, my son is trading for Marion Hossa.

Best line of the day by Cliff Fletcher:The Leafs are skating in a different arena. I am trading for draft picks, my son is trading for Marion Hossa.
What he meant to say was he spent the day shopping for new golf clubs for April 6th.
I thought the Pens were in the top 10 in PK? I must have been mistaken. 25th, really?
Yea, I was going to tell you that in the tread thread, until the Hossa trade happened.I think they're top 10 at home (8th, im thinking?) so maybe you heard that?Edit: 8th at home, 28th on the road.