Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

i dunno Hossa, Cheecho, Ovechkin, seriously i have no clue but they need to do something or we are toast in the playoffs
lol...yup Ovechkin to the Pens..that will work.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

i dunno Hossa, Cheecho, Ovechkin, seriously i have no clue but they need to do something or we are toast in the playoffs
That's the problem, everyone (the papers, etc.) keep saying we need to get one....but who? And for what cost? None of the "experts" writing this seem to go as far as figuring that part out.
That's the problem, everyone (the papers, etc.) keep saying we need to get one....but who? And for what cost? None of the "experts" writing this seem to go as far as figuring that part out.
basically first round picks and Esposito thats really all i think. although Staal's name has come up a ton all over the place and I think that would be a big mistake.
I don't think a scoring winger is the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs.If anything, we'd need a shutdown D.The argument that it's "insulting" to Crosby is ludicrous. We aren't in the business of making him happy by giving him linemates who are his friends. This isn't the mid 90s with Mario.Crosby won't care either way, and this is about winning. Crosby can make anyone play great with him, and TK has shown that already, and Cros and Army have already had chemistry in their first few years together.Of course, I'd like to get a scoring winger for that line, but not getting one isn't going to change anything in the playoffs, imho.
Seriously i don't think Kennedy or Army are going to pull a Robbie Brown. it's just not gonna happen anymore. those guys are both 3rd liners and penalty killers imo. i would kinda agree with the shutdown d man though but who goes. not gonchar, orpik, whits, letang would have to be scuds or sydor who both are defensive guys. so i still think a 30-40 goal scorer for sid is top priority.dunno a lot of people are talking about this being insulting to crosby and i don't think that it's that ludicrous. we want him here forever not for 5 more years. giving him the talent to achieve this is crucial imo.

Dude, Crosby is a team player. He doesn't care if he gets all the points.He's not gonna want to break up the two sick lines right now if he doesn't have to.I honestly don't think this team needs anything up front, and I really don't want to lose any of the players. I could deal with Army or Crusher going in exchange for a shut down D, but anything beyond that is just too much.We don't want to destroy the chemistry this team has. I don't know if you've seen the standings, but they've been playing very well lately.

Yeah, wtf was with the last one? Like shoot the ****ing puck.All they do is talk about how good this guy's wrist shot is, but I haven't seen a single goal that's gotten off the wrist shot this season.

Yeah, wtf was with the last one? Like shoot the ****ing puck.All they do is talk about how good this guy's wrist shot is, but I haven't seen a single goal that's gotten off the wrist shot this season.
that's what drives me crazy...he's got a wicked shot. Just not the touch to go along with it.

I'm glad Errey brought it up - I have no idea why more teams don't play the PK vs the Pens like Boston is doing. I've always complained to family/friends that the Pens don't do well against Carolina, since they constantly pressure the Pens and never let them have time to set up.

I'm glad Errey brought it up - I have no idea why more teams don't play the PK vs the Pens like Boston is doing. I've always complained to family/friends that the Pens don't do well against Carolina, since they constantly pressure the Pens and never let them have time to set up.
because it's not easy to do. Make a mistake playing aggressively and you're gonna see the puck in the net.
because it's not easy to do. Make a mistake playing aggressively and you're gonna see the puck in the net.
Let the Pens have time to set up and pick their shots, and you'll have the same thing happen.
FWIW Boston has the 2nd worst penalty kill in the NHL.And WOW at Conklin stopping the 2-0 followed by a 1-0, very nice. I felt sick when Pittsburgh scored their first goal, although I should be used to it. It's not like the Bruins to win without giving the other team a chance first. Good game Pens.

I saw this snippet in an article about the loss tonight:Perhaps the Penguins' only good news of the evening came from Norfolk, Va., where goalie Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 30 of 31 shots while leading their Wilkes-Barre minor-league team to a 3-1 victory. It was Fleury's first start in his rehabilitation stint with the Baby Penguins.Yeah, it's the minors, but that's a real encouraging sign. I just hope he can stay healthy and give Conklin some extra motivation to keep his play level up.