Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

This thread seems like an appropriate place for this list. Most common jerseys seen/worn in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Cole Harbour, birthplace of Crosby and MacKinnon is a suburb). In order, based on a not-at-all scientific study done by me:

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. Toronto

4. Colorado

5. Vancouver

6. Montreal

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

This thread seems like an appropriate place for this list. Most common jerseys seen/worn in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Cole Harbour, birthplace of Crosby and MacKinnon is a suburb). In order, based on a not-at-all scientific study done by me:

1. Pittsburgh

2. Boston

3. Toronto

4. Colorado

5. Vancouver

6. Montreal

I get Pittburgh..I also get Toronto and Montreal and to a lesser extent Vancouver..Why Boston and Colorado?

I get Pittburgh..I also get Toronto and Montreal and to a lesser extent Vancouver..Why Boston and Colorado?

Colorado for MacKinnon, and Boston because it's relatively close to Halifax.

I think it's a fine line. Constant bashing and negativity sucks, but at the same time, if I'm, say, a Leafs fan (sorry Serge), I'd probably be constantly disappointed in Carlyle's coaching, because I think they can do better. I don't know.

I actually think the negativity thread is unnecessary..

I also believe if done correctly you can make a negative comment about the Leafs and it doesnt bother me..The problem is there are a few posters here, that dont have the off line relationships and friendships to get away with it..

Arp always has funny jokes, Dale is very witty....But when I make a negative post, some people dont get it...Then digression starts..Apparently the best digression the forum has seen..

Also if I was to post:

Scott Hartnell hasnt scored a goal in the last 26 games, people think oh wow cool, interesting..I didnt notice that..Its negative but also interesting.

But If I post, Malkin and Crosby combined havent scored in 5 games..The digression police will be all over it.

Colorado = MacKinnon

Boston = proximity/original six

You're probably right.

I think the Hartnell thing, you're pointing out something that most people wouldn't have noticed. Crosby/Malkin, I think, at least the Pens fans, would be aware of.

Also, I don't think Crosby has ever gone 5 games without a point, heh.

Twice in 08/09, he went 3 games without a point. Once more if you count the last 3 games of the finals. He also didn't get a point in the 4-game series against Boston last year, but I've been ignoring playoffs since they're a different animal.

Those are the only times he's gone more than 2 games without a point in his entire NHL career. That's insanity.

In 07/08, he only had ONE 2-game drought (only 53 gp, missed time with the high ankle sprain).

You guys are right, though the popularity of Boston is even more than that here - Halifax has a particular relationship with Boston dating back to the Halifax Explosion of 1917. Halifax sends a Christmas tree to Boston every year.

Also, no one mentioned Brad Marchand, though to be honest, his effect is marginally positive, if at all.

Going back to the MAF talk. He certainly hasn't played to the level he's capable of the past few playoffs but neither has the rest of the team defensively. The 2012 Flyer series was a complete disaster for the whole team and last years Islander series started out about the same way. Vokoun was solid as a replacement for sure but it's pretty obvious that the rest of the team got the message as well.

Casual fans are always quick to point out poor goalie play the same way they point to bad quarterback play. It's a lot easier to play goalie and qb with solid protection around you. Leave either out to dry and more times than not it's a recipe for disaster. Drop Hasek in his prime into that flyers series and I honestly don't believe there would be much of a difference.

There's a perception that Fleury is mentally fragile but I just don't believe it. He's just as crazy as any other goalie. They are just their own breed.

Sorry to disappoint.

image.jpg

I guess he was brought up as there was some question if Neal could go tonight. He's been nursing an upper body injury but he was next to Malkin in the morning skate. I'm not sure if Leblond cracks the lineup now. A google image season shows he's basically a goon and looking up his stats confirms it. 40 games with the Devils. 3 assists and 101 pim.

Sorry to disappoint.

image.jpg

I guess he was brought up as there was some question if Neal could go tonight. He's been nursing an upper body injury but he was next to Malkin in the morning skate. I'm not sure if Leblond cracks the lineup now. A google image season shows he's basically a goon and looking up his stats confirms it. 40 games with the Devils. 3 assists and 101 pim.

Thanks actually I tweeted the Penguins twitter and they replied with the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/harry-zolnierczyk-splits-syracuse-crunch-defense-stunning-goal-175645251--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Harry Z with a sweet goal splitting the D for the Baby Pens.

Obviously he would almost certainly not pull this off with the big club but I did think he was solid when up with the big club. I'm not sure why he's taken a back seat to some of the other scrubs that have been called up.

it was really weird when the previous news report came out "not life threatening"..Its weird because why mention that, if it wasnt serious.

Dont know the severity, but strokes are serious business that can have long effects in normal people..But a young athlete, hope he recovers fully

Does playing sports increase your chance for another stroke, why would you say he should quit hockey?

Stroke is a serious thing that will linger with you for your lifetime. If drugs are taken to help the blood flow to your brain and you should live a close to normal life.

Once you had a stroke the chances of it happening again multiples.

When I worked at North York General, I had to do inventory for the whole hospital. At the Pharmacy department I was always interested in the high end drugs. One was a drug to stop a stroke. I said how many times do you actually use this drug. They said never since the time a person knows they had a stroke it is too late.

When you had a stroke you always lose something in your mental or physical abilities.

Does playing sports increase your chance for another stroke, why would you say he should quit hockey?

ya not sure if it would.

I know several friends and family members who have suffered a stroke..But most of them are much older...There are usually lingering effects..

Not sure about a young in shape world class athlete though.

ya not sure if it would.

I know several friends and family members who have suffered a stroke..But most of them are much older...There are usually lingering effects..

Not sure about a young in shape world class athlete though.

true it is for the older crowd. A very good friend of mine suffer a stroke at the age of 50. He went back to work after a couple of days. His speech was off and he kept walking into me. I was wondering why and then he told me. I was telling him he is crazy for going back to work. Health is more important right now than your career as a senior director for TD Bank.