Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

https://twitter.com/#!/stoosh10/status/32645379489013760
Pens have taken 66.7% of their available standings points, and they've played just two games with 87, 71 & 11 together. That's sick.
Gotta be happy with any points you get in a game without malkin and crosby. Nevermind that Asham went down early in the game and Staal got the boot late in the 2nd. Fluery steps up big in the 3rd and OT/shootout and Dustin Jeffery again with a big impact in his limited time in the lineup.Staal deserved a penalty for punching Prust but seriously a game misconduct? The refs react to what they saw and that was imo a good acting job by Prust. He might have charged Kennedy, the elbows Staal in the face before taking what I'm sure he no where near the biggest punch he's seem but he crumbles to the ice. The league better rule that the penalty assessed was more than enough of a punishment.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I thought the 5+GM was a bit silly, but not completely unexpected. No suspension though, I hope.What a gutsy win for the Pens.
He is suspended indefinetely under league review under rules..I dont think it was as bad as the Eager sucker punch on Army that got 4 games, but he may get one or 2.
He is suspended indefinetely under league review under rules..I dont think it was as bad as the Eager sucker punch on Army that got 4 games, but he may get one or 2.
I think it's significantly more likely that the NHL rescinds the suspension than give him an extra one.

The Pens are going to be lol tonight.Malkin apparently not returning, as he was retroactively placed on the IR.Staal IS being suspended one game, but nothing beyond that.No update on Letestu... Apparently Asham is hurt too?Kunitz - Jeffrey - DupuisCooke - Talbot - KennedyTangradi - Adams - ConnerGodard - Rupp - ???

The Pens are going to be lol tonight.Malkin apparently not returning, as he was retroactively placed on the IR.Staal IS being suspended one game, but nothing beyond that.No update on Letestu... Apparently Asham is hurt too?Kunitz - Jeffrey - DupuisCooke - Talbot - KennedyTangradi - Adams - ConnerGodard - Rupp - ???
you said they would be LOL last night and you won..Tonight you are playing the Islanders..You will be fine.
the Islanders are actually playing really well, and Grabner is a lock for 1g, 1a.
Well 3 wins in last 10 games for me doesnt qualify as playing well..But thats just me..:)And those 3 wins were against Buffalo(2) and Atlanta.
Well 3 wins in last 10 games for me doesnt qualify as playing well..But thats just me..:)And those 3 wins were against Buffalo(2) and Atlanta.
Playing well to me is, playing well. Not how many wins they got in last 10. I think your going to see the Islanders win quite a few games these next 2months. Poulin kid is playing great in net, Tavares is waking up, and the key right now.....Okposo is back to his old self, and he will be huge next 2months. Just another Cheap Thief who Ill never have, so I dont care about letting my feelings known. :)Watched them sometimes, and last few games the team looks much better.ps- Arent Buffalo and Atlanta ahead of the Leafs? Do wins against the Leafs get discounted too? :club:
I didn't see the punch, but Staal shouldn't be throwing punches after his injury issues this season imo.Have the Pens called anyone up?
http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/02/02/p...on-prust-video/its not that bad, but deserves a suspension.These players are either not very smart, or just warriors..Armstrong after dislocating/breaking his finger the other day, not only stayed in the game but got into a fight.

They're really confusing us with all of this nonsense.TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzieJust to be clear on Jordan Staal, no supplementary discipline means he plays in next game for PIT. His penalty was missing end of NYR game.

Playing well to me is, playing well. Not how many wins they got in last 10. I think your going to see the Islanders win quite a few games these next 2months. Poulin kid is playing great in net, Tavares is waking up, and the key right now.....Okposo is back to his old self, and he will be huge next 2months. Just another Cheap Thief who Ill never have, so I dont care about letting my feelings known. :)Watched them sometimes, and last few games the team looks much better.ps- Arent Buffalo and Atlanta ahead of the Leafs? Do wins against the Leafs get discounted too? :club:
I know we made a small intermission wager but I want to see you cry on tomorrow night.After the All star game bets I owe you $5..Think of something funner for tomorrow..BTW Leafs nation will be booing your boy Staal and Gleason.
I know we made a small intermission wager but I want to see you cry on tomorrow night.After the All star game bets I owe you $5..Think of something funner for tomorrow..BTW Leafs nation will be booing your boy Staal and Gleason.
Youll like this. I told my son this morning about our bet as he let me look at my emails, and he wanted a piece too. Leafs win, he gets $20 to spend on anything on Saturday. Canes win, I get him to clean up parts of the house for an hour. I think its good to teach a 10yr old gambling. Father of the Year baby.Im never as good as the other degens with these side bets. No creativity on my part. Ill think, you try too, Im game.
Youll like this. I told my son this morning about our bet as he let me look at my emails, and he wanted a piece too. Leafs win, he gets $20 to spend on anything on Saturday. Canes win, I get him to clean up parts of the house for an hour. I think its good to teach a 10yr old gambling. Father of the Year baby.Im never as good as the other degens with these side bets. No creativity on my part. Ill think, you try too, Im game.
I love it..Your boy is a smart kid.Never too early to start gambling..Adrian is turning 6 this month and I think its time to introduce him to some gambling..:club:

My opponent in the NGFHL tonight has Casey Pierro-Zabotel, does he even play?Also his OT player is Chris Kunitz..Combination of him being a shitty team and a short night has afforded me this luxury

CPZ plays... in the ECHL.I drafted him in the FCHL, worst homer pick ever. He'll be lucky to ever be an AHL regular.
Honestly, Im pretty sure this guy was on my radar in the AHL during that draft year. I didnt think he was this much of a risk, hes really fallen off.

He absolutely destroyed the WHL in his first season (after a couple years in the BCHL), but it was just like the stats being inflated in the WJC, they were inflated because he had a year on everyone else, I think.He's been absolute garbage as a pro, and apparently has no work ethic or drive at all. He's a complete bust. If he ever plays an NHL game, I'll be really really really surprised.edit - he was PPG in his first WHL year at 19, and at 20, he had 115 points on a strong Giants team. He's under a PPG in the ECHL, and has 1 point in 9 AHL games.

He absolutely destroyed the WHL in his first season (after a couple years in the BCHL), but it was just like the stats being inflated in the WJC, they were inflated because he had a year on everyone else, I think.He's been absolute garbage as a pro, and apparently has no work ethic or drive at all. He's a complete bust. If he ever plays an NHL game, I'll be really really really surprised.edit - he was PPG in his first WHL year at 19, and at 20, he had 115 points on a strong Giants team.
I hope you end up really really really surprised.