Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

It should be interesting to see if the Penguins can hold onto a playoff spot.
I think our defense and goaltending is strong enough, but we'll have definite trouble scoring until we get some bodies back.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I am not watching but from the boxscore it looks like Cooke did something douchy again?what happened?
How is Cooke even playing ?He didn't get a suspension for his knee on Ovechkin ?
I have heard from people close to crosby (and no, I'm not naming sources!) that it's definately worst than they originally let on. He's back home in Nova Scotia with no timetable for starting the process of testing the recovery. That means if he started riding the bike tomorrow, he would still be prolly 6 weeks away....
Either your sources are wrong or the Penguins and Crosby are lying:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl-318664
Wow, how do you read that and get THAT as the fact??? The actual point of the story is that the rumour mill is running wild and no one actually knows whats going on with him....
Any reports of Crosby having troubles after a recent light workout are denied by sources with within Crosby camp."Crosby rehab continues to include light exercises, but he is not having trouble with those. Source says he has had a couple of good daysTwo team officials with first-hand knowledge of Crosby's situation denied it in the most emphatic terms possible. One described the story simply as "all (barnyard expletive)," and the other said in an email that he confirmed the story "is NOT TRUE straight from Sidney." The capital letters, which obviously were intended to provide emphasis, were added by the team official, not Penguins Plus.What they are denying is :Told Crosby tried light workout and immediately saw black dots and stars. Not even close to starting light worlkouts (sic) again.
Wow, how do you read that and get THAT as the fact??? The actual point of the story is that the rumour mill is running wild and no one actually knows whats going on with him....
Any time I hear that a player has a concussion I assume that all the news that comes out is rumour or guess since nobody can really know. Other than when they say they're shutting somebody down for the year until they're actually playing it's hard to know.
was just pointing out what the Pens are saying. This is what I believe:The Penguins and the Crosby camp are lying and Crosby will not play the rest of the season.
was just pointing out what the Pens are saying. This is what I believe:The Penguins and the Crosby camp are lying and Crosby will not play the rest of the season.
I'm actually pretty on board with this theory.
I'm actually pretty on board with this theory.
It's certainly possible but there's no hard evidence at this point that has suggested it. The Pens are pretty tight lipped in general so I rarely believe anything that isn't on the Pens site.
Any reports of Crosby having troubles after a recent light workout are denied by sources with within Crosby camp."Crosby rehab continues to include light exercises, but he is not having trouble with those. Source says he has had a couple of good daysTwo team officials with first-hand knowledge of Crosby's situation denied it in the most emphatic terms possible. One described the story simply as "all (barnyard expletive)," and the other said in an email that he confirmed the story "is NOT TRUE straight from Sidney." The capital letters, which obviously were intended to provide emphasis, were added by the team official, not Penguins Plus.What they are denying is :Told Crosby tried light workout and immediately saw black dots and stars. Not even close to starting light worlkouts (sic) again.
I like the phrase "barnyard expletive"

I don't understand how all of these out of town media outlets seem to get these scoops. Crosby is back home in Nova Scotia, with his family. Who is leaking this alleged information?The media is stupid. /serge

4 games for Cooke. Whatever. I'm sick of hearing about him.Someone will go to the IR (Asham?) and we'll have to get another call up from WBS. Nick Johnson? Joe Vitale?Kinda unrelated, but Eric Godard is an awful hockey player. These injuries are forcing him to play, and he hurts our team.

I don't understand how all of these out of town media outlets seem to get these scoops. Crosby is back home in Nova Scotia, with his family. Who is leaking this alleged information?The media is stupid. /serge
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger May be wrong..was it assumed or reported Crosby is in Nova Scotia resting? He's not. Somewhere much warmer
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger May be wrong..was it assumed or reported Crosby is in Nova Scotia resting? He's not. Somewhere much warmer
So what does that mean, that he's with the team in Los Angeles or that he went to Hawaii for some R&R?I hate cryptic...it's one of the things about Facebook that drives me nuts.
So what does that mean, that he's with the team in Los Angeles or that he went to Hawaii for some R&R?I hate cryptic...it's one of the things about Facebook that drives me nuts.
Its a game this so called "insiders" play..They look cool that they know everything, meanwhile they dont want to disclose it.
Its a game this so called "insiders" play..They look cool that they know everything, meanwhile they dont want to disclose it.
Pretty much...and if they're vague no one can bust them for being wrong half the time.
Well, it was the team that reported that he went home. The quote was basically word for word "went home", so I'll take their word for it. Certainly possible he's left home and flown somewhere warm since then. Frankly, who the **** cares? He has a concussion. He's out until he comes back.
LA is in Pittsburgh, not the other way around.
I think this is probably true a lot of the time, but the opposite is also true. They aren't allowed to disclose something, so they hint at it to give the fans as much info as they can.
4 games for Cooke. Whatever. I'm sick of hearing about him.Someone will go to the IR (Asham?) and we'll have to get another call up from WBS. Nick Johnson? Joe Vitale?Kinda unrelated, but Eric Godard is an awful hockey player. These injuries are forcing him to play, and he hurts our team.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5...twt-pghpenguinsIf they are sending down Wallace and Trangradi(joke spelling) who is replacing them with Cooke out?
I think the reality is that Crosby COULD be out for the rest of the season, but he doesn't even know if that's true or not.
Yup, exactly. His career could be over for as far as anybody actually knows. Hell, he could even be back in a few weeks.