Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Ya, but I don't care if other people want to whine about it.If you didn't think Crosby vs. Ovechkin was coming very very soon, well, then I dunno what to say. Marketing 101. Puck Daddy made a good point, this game isn't for the hardcore fans, it's for the fringe fans who'll watch for the spectacle. And ratings were down this year, because Boston and Philly were both losing teams at the time. With Sid vs Alex, you know you're going to get huge ratings from non-hockey fans, and possibly convert a handful of them to full-time fans.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Ya, but I don't care if other people want to whine about it.If you didn't think Crosby vs. Ovechkin was coming very very soon, well, then I dunno what to say. Marketing 101.
I know. Should be epic. Also excited about the Alberta one as well. Let's just hope everyone is healthy to play when the time comes.
So we officially have the Winter Classic at Heinz Field against the Caps.Guess I need to start planning now. Who's in?
They still having the game on Jan. 1? Count me out. I'll be drunk from New Years AND I hate the cold. I froze my ass off at a Steelers game in October, no way Ill sit at Heinz Field in January. lol.Oh, and also no chance Im paying those "homer" prices that they'll charge so Pens/Caps fans can watch their crushes play.They should have had the Calgary game this week. They have 20cm of snow today. Im not kidding.

At one point Thursday there was snow in Gander and Calgary. It was 4 degrees and pouring in Halifax. I was in Kingston, Ontario, where it was 17 degrees with a crazy lightning storm. In Toronto it was 32 degrees.This country is insane.

So we officially have the Winter Classic at Heinz Field against the Caps.Guess I need to start planning now. Who's in?
I guess I might make it for this one. :club:
I guess I might make it for this one. :club:
I'll have access to tickets by being a caps season ticket holder so as long as I'm not out of the country I'll be there.

I can definitely convince the wife to make the trip to Pittsburgh. It was a very nice city when we visited last week. How much do you think the tickets will be?

I think you guys may need to call in a favour to get tickets to this thing. Or get lucky in any lottery they have for the tickets.

I think you guys may need to call in a favour to get tickets to this thing. Or get lucky in any lottery they have for the tickets.
Email I got from the Caps included this...
Every Washington Capitals full-season account holder will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. Details on ticket availability and pricing will be sent to full season-ticket holders when they become available.

Penguins need help for an important moment in there history!PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for 250 students to help with an important task and there's only one major requirement: You must know how to flush a toilet.Construction is near completion on the Penguins' new arena, the Consol Energy Center. But like with any new arena or stadium, officials need to simultaneously flush all the toilets and urinals to make sure everything is working. The Penguins are calling the June 10 event the "Student Flush," a spinoff of their popular ticketing program known as "Student Rush."Students already involved in the ticketing program can enter for a chance to win. Students must be 18 or older to participate in the flush-apalooza.In all, there will be 400 flushers, including some construction officials, on hand that day.Copyright 2010 by The Associated Presshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5239056

Penguins need help for an important moment in there history!PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for 250 students to help with an important task and there's only one major requirement: You must know how to flush a toilet.Construction is near completion on the Penguins' new arena, the Consol Energy Center. But like with any new arena or stadium, officials need to simultaneously flush all the toilets and urinals to make sure everything is working. The Penguins are calling the June 10 event the "Student Flush," a spinoff of their popular ticketing program known as "Student Rush."Students already involved in the ticketing program can enter for a chance to win. Students must be 18 or older to participate in the flush-apalooza.In all, there will be 400 flushers, including some construction officials, on hand that day.Copyright 2010 by The Associated Presshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5239056
ahhh, so THIS is why Zach had to cut short his trip to Vegas and leaves on the 9th.Good luck flushing Zach, hope they give you one of the dressing room flushes!!!!
I know 1-2 people with connections in this city, so I'll be alright.My boss started working on getting us into a luxury box last week. Why would he include me in this, you ask? Cause my dad is HIS boss. :club:
I can definitely convince the wife to make the trip to Pittsburgh. It was a very nice city when we visited last week. How much do you think the tickets will be?
Where were you?Just wondering.
Where were you?Just wondering.
We stay at the Marriott near the airport. I went to a cardshow at the Robert Morris University. Cardshow however was brutal. All the shopping my wife needed was right nearby (within 5 mins) and a Tanger outlet at Washington, Pa which was only 25 mins away. Also a Chick Fil A is very close.The east end was not that great looking but once you hit the downtown area, Pittsburgh looked like a nice place to visit.We usually hit Detroit for black Friday but she may want to go to Pittsburgh now.Next time we will stay at the Omni William Penn (where the NHL guys stay). LOL.

Pittsburgh Penguins 'Student Flush' Will Test Stadium's Toilets PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for 250 students to help with an important task and there's only one major requirement: You must know how to flush a toilet.Construction is near completion on the NHL team's new arena, the Consol Energy Center. But like with any new arena or stadium, officials need to simultaneously flush all the toilets and urinals to make sure everything is working. The Penguins are calling the June 10 event the "Student Flush," a spinoff of their popular ticketing program known as "Student Rush."Students already involved in the ticketing program can enter for a chance to win. Students must be 18 or older to participate in the flush-apalooza.In all, there will be 400 flushers, including some construction officials, on hand that day.

Pittsburgh Penguins 'Student Flush' Will Test Stadium's Toilets PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for 250 students to help with an important task and there's only one major requirement: You must know how to flush a toilet.Construction is near completion on the NHL team's new arena, the Consol Energy Center. But like with any new arena or stadium, officials need to simultaneously flush all the toilets and urinals to make sure everything is working. The Penguins are calling the June 10 event the "Student Flush," a spinoff of their popular ticketing program known as "Student Rush."Students already involved in the ticketing program can enter for a chance to win. Students must be 18 or older to participate in the flush-apalooza.In all, there will be 400 flushers, including some construction officials, on hand that day.
What is wrong with sportswriters today :club::ts
We stay at the Marriott near the airport. I went to a cardshow at the Robert Morris University. Cardshow however was brutal. All the shopping my wife needed was right nearby (within 5 mins) and a Tanger outlet at Washington, Pa which was only 25 mins away. Also a Chick Fil A is very close.The east end was not that great looking but once you hit the downtown area, Pittsburgh looked like a nice place to visit.We usually hit Detroit for black Friday but she may want to go to Pittsburgh now.Next time we will stay at the Omni William Penn (where the NHL guys stay). LOL.
According to google maps, from your hotel to my apartment.....1.3 mi – about 3 mins. :club: I was on RMU's campus this morning for a job meeting and 1/2 my friends went there.Some of the NHL teams stay at the Renaissance too, so check that out for next time. If I missed you say you were coming into town on here, opps. I'm not on here much anymore from the site being blocked at work. Next time, let me know and we can get a beer.
According to google maps, from your hotel to my apartment.....1.3 mi – about 3 mins. :club: I was on RMU's campus this morning for a job meeting and 1/2 my friends went there.Some of the NHL teams stay at the Renaissance too, so check that out for next time. If I missed you say you were coming into town on here, opps. I'm not on here much anymore from the site being blocked at work. Next time, let me know and we can get a beer.
Absolutel and only under 1 condition, the pops are on me. I am free every evening since the kids are in bed and my wife stays in the hotel room.
Absolutel and only under 1 condition, the pops are on me. I am free every evening since the kids are in bed and my wife stays in the hotel room.
Ha ok.I am free every evening....cause I have no kids or wife! :club:
I was surprised there wasnt some sort of closing ceremony...Maybe I missed it, or maybe they will do that next year..When we opened the ACC, we had a parade going from one arena to the other with all the Leafs greats carrying the torch so to speak.I think you guys bring backJagrCoffeyBarrassoLemieux(he is there already)and all the other greats to open the new arena.I also though you should have Jean Claude Van Damme involved in the Igloo closing last game...That movie was awesome possum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Z_ZducwbQ