Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I dont know why Im asking this, but have Crosby+Staal ever played together? Is it as simple as saying they can't because they are both so used to playing C, and that too much of their strengths lie in the same things?
In Staal's rookie year, he played with Malkin. Besides that, he's always been at C. Besides on the PP and late game situations (down by a goal), Staal and Sid have seen VERY little ice together.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Just the 3rd time in the last 110 regular season and playoff games that the Penguins will have Crosby, Malkin, and Staal in the lineup at the same time.
And what is their record in those 3 games?
Just the 3rd time in the last 110 regular season and playoff games that the Penguins will have Crosby, Malkin, and Staal in the lineup at the same time.
Its hard to believe the Boston Bruins won a Stanley Cup without any of them in their lineup.

I'm always curious in these big return situations (not just injury, but say a former player returning to his old city), what the coach's thought pattern is, since you see it both ways: does he start Crosby, and let the expected happen right away, or does he start his fourth line, and throw Crosby over the boards in a change on the fly situation?

I think he has to start Sid. Don't see any way he doesn't do it, IMHO.Although, it's still a game, and the Pens are at home, so if the Isles start someone they don't want matching up against Sid, then maybe he doesn't start.

Pretty sure that the guy who started Movember did it so he could not grow a mustache and instantly be the second-best looking man in the world (after Tom Selleck).
That is simply un-f'in-believable....
I think he was joking.

Was there ever any doubt?He was a crossbar away from picking up an assist 30 seconds in, on a goal very similar to Mario's assist 30 seconds in back in late 2000.Not comparing the two, because obv completely different, just kinda interesting.

Yeah...that was fun. Not a bad first game at the new arena.
We need to make it to a game sometime. Where you living now that you're back? I recently moved to Balwin Twp (NOT BORO! :club: ) which I had never heard of until I started dating the gf. Anyway, planning to get on the ice more now that you're close to rinks?
We need to make it to a game sometime. Where you living now that you're back? I recently moved to Balwin Twp (NOT BORO! :club: ) which I had never heard of until I started dating the gf. Anyway, planning to get on the ice more now that you're close to rinks?
I'm in Shaler (North Hills). We'll definitely have to do a FCP outing or something sometime. As far as icetime goes I'm looking to get back into it. I'm not much of a skater. I don't fall often but I haven't figured out how to stop too well. :ts I also need to get myself into a lot better shape. Playing on a dek hockey team out at Dek Star on 279 helps but that's only once a week.
Congrats on making the entry for the Pensblog's stunned pic of the night, Dev :4h
Haha, yep I'm famous.