Story On Zeejustin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good article. What do you do? Ban the guy for life or accept his appology and move on?Is it even worth the time to keep bashing him? He's a hell of a poker player, obviously.http://www.bluffmagazine.com/zeejustin.asp
I'm not sure if we need another thread on this, there have been several.The dude made a mistake, a HUGE one, and its not acceptable to cheat, no matter what the level.He has made an apology and he is obviously a very talented player.I think he will always have an asterisks by his name in poker history, but in time people will eventually forget and hopefully moving forward he can make a positive impact on poker.
I'm not sure if we need another thread on this, there have been several.The dude made a mistake, a HUGE one, and its not acceptable to cheat, no matter what the level.He has made an apology and he is obviously a very talented player.I think he will always have an asterisks by his name in poker history, but in time people will eventually forget and hopefully moving forward he can make a positive impact on poker.
you're right, it probably doesn't need a big debate, but I thought some may be interested in the story on him from the 5 diamond classic.

btw... i didn't see this posted anywhere else, sorry if it has been, but justin won the 2.5k event at atlantis yesterday for 123k (the final table included belowabove, mattg, phwap, and our own the-toilet... pretty sick table). entered the final table 9th in chips too, don't know too many people (or anyone?) playing sicker tournament poker than him right now.

Poor Zee.Many talented greats live with shame and will be remembered forevermore with a permanent dark shadow as a result or their illegal or unethical behavior. You could fill a small book with all of the names throughout history. (O. J., Kobe, Tyson, Bonds, Rose, etc...) Did/do they all have tremndous talent? Yes. Did they achieve great things? Yes. Will/did folks ever forgive the bad things they did? maybe some.Will folks ever FORGET the bad things they did? Nope.Such is life.

Is that his real name? Zee Justin? Who names their kid Zee?
I think this guy might...deliverance.jpg
I believe his name is Justin Bonomo...Not "Zee" :club:
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I'm almost positive its Zee Justin.I've seen his birth certificate floating around here somewhere.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I'm almost positive its Zee Justin.I've seen his birth certificate floating around here somewhere.
I figured you could be being a silly...but before 11am I can't be held accountable for pretty much anything.

This has probably been asked before... but what does he do that makes him so dominant? Is he just really aggressive? I suppose he doesn't play online anymore. Is there someone else who plays the same style online, maybe belowabove or abovebelow or whatever that guy's name is? Who is the current online equivalent "zeejustin".These recent results by Zee are amazing.

btw... i didn't see this posted anywhere else, sorry if it has been, but justin won the 2.5k event at atlantis yesterday for 123k (the final table included belowabove, mattg, phwap, and our own the-toilet... pretty sick table). entered the final table 9th in chips too, don't know too many people (or anyone?) playing sicker tournament poker than him right now.
Where did you find these results? I don't think its on cardplayer. I also heard JC Tran won one of these smaller atlantis events.
me 2
Daniel did mention at some point a while back that most live pros had no clue who he is (or who any of the internet whiz kids are) and probably have no opinion of him.No doubt that is changing now. :club:

I don't really thing that guy did something so horrendous. He used multiple accounts and played in huge field tournies. Yes he broke the rules but did he gain such a huge edge that he victimized other players, I dont think so. If he was using multiple accounts and playing a cash game at like a 6max table or playing in the same sit and go then that is really cheating and should be looked at as such, but if he did not do that then I dont really have a big problem with it. Everyone breaks rules at times and I dont think we should hold this over the kids head anymore. It is clear that he is a great tourney player and should be respected as such.

I don't really thing that guy did something so horrendous. He used multiple accounts and played in huge field tournies. Yes he broke the rules but did he gain such a huge edge that he victimized other players, I dont think so. If he was using multiple accounts and playing a cash game at like a 6max table or playing in the same sit and go then that is really cheating and should be looked at as such, but if he did not do that then I dont really have a big problem with it. Everyone breaks rules at times and I dont think we should hold this over the kids head anymore. It is clear that he is a great tourney player and should be respected as such.
According to the earlier Bluff article back in '04 (I think) there were a few situation were Zee found himself at the same table with his "other" player. I think he tried someway or the other to lesson the advantage, but it still seems pretty unfair. In any event, I thought his quote about the importance of being ethical even in the "gray areas" was a very smart and mature comment. He was and still is a very young person, who obviously made a very bad mistake. It would seem that he has paid a big price for his actions, including 100,000 FROM HIS PP ACCOUNT. I don't know too many other cheaters who have had to pay that kind of price...
According to the earlier Bluff article back in '04 (I think) there were a few situation were Zee found himself at the same table with his "other" player. I think he tried someway or the other to lesson the advantage, but it still seems pretty unfair. In any event, I thought his quote about the importance of being ethical even in the "gray areas" was a very smart and mature comment. He was and still is a very young person, who obviously made a very bad mistake. It would seem that he has paid a big price for his actions, including 100,000 FROM HIS PP ACCOUNT. I don't know too many other cheaters who have had to pay that kind of price...
Perhaps not poker cheaters, but I dare say that getting caught can cost (and has cost) people millions over the years, either directly or non directly.No one is denying Zee's talent.The argument is, will his shadow ever leave him?
Where did you find these results? I don't think its on cardplayer. I also heard JC Tran won one of these smaller atlantis events.
:club: Nooooooo, but close...not JC Tran, but JC Alvarado aka PrtyPSux, obv mistake
Perhaps not poker cheaters, but I dare say that getting caught can cost (and has cost) people millions over the years, either directly or non directly.No one is denying Zee's talent.The argument is, will his shadow ever leave him?
I guess I mean cheaters in the "sports" world. And specifically money. Directly. In relation to the "crime" on PP, I think it was a fair and swift punishment. As for the shadow question, I don't think anyone in the poker public will forget. I heard Phil Gordon say on his ESPN show that he never wanted ZJ on his show no matter what. That seems like a pretty harsh stance given the kid's age.

Vijay Singh got caught cheating and was suspended years ago. Now, no one ever mentions it at all or even remembers it. Same will be said if Zee continues raking in the cash...and becomes as popular a player as Singh is now.

Vijay Singh got caught cheating and was suspended years ago. Now, no one ever mentions it at all or even remembers it. Same will be said if Zee continues raking in the cash...and becomes as popular a player as Singh is now.
You remember it, I remember, everyone remembers it.